IGNORED

‘Sing Song in the dressing room afterwards’

BobBobSuperBob

Interesting .......and excellent to hear

Thought LJs post match interview worth a little thread on its own amongst the aftermath, interesting and spoke well

Together with his (Written Press) post match interview on Saturday - well worth a listen

Hes gone from a man looking under pressure to someone very quietly excited and confident about this group

When confidence is high, we're often a match for anyone in this league, and while we've historically struggled against the frontrunners when head-to-head, I think the real work is in ensuring that a loss doesn't turn into two/three losses.

If LJ can crack that nut, and ensure that our players stay fit after Jan/Feb, then promotion might not be as far off as I thought it'd be after Webster's departure. Despite a ton of signings, there seems to be a real sense of togetherness in the squad, and the last time I saw that bond was when we won League 1.

Importantly, we still look forward to the returns of Dasilva, Nagy and Korey who will further strengthen the squad. 

I was pleased that we won at Derby with just a single booking (Brownhill) whist shows the discipline of the team. Playing away from home against a top team, you would normally expect to incur more cards (as Tranmere did, for example :noexp:)

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Importantly, we still look forward to the returns of Dasilva, Nagy and Korey who will further strengthen the squad. 

I was pleased that we won at Derby with just a single booking (Brownhill) whist shows the discipline of the team. Playing away from home against a top team, you would normally expect to incur more cards (as Tranmere did, for example :noexp:)

Not forgetting Smith .

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They were playing a top team ?

I read at least 3 different comparisons last night to this team and manager to the promotion team of '76.

The performance was described as being similar to the way Dicks' team dug out away results that year, Brownhill termed as Taintonesque, and Massengo likened to Gerry Gow.

I wonder if things have finally come together and this set up, and these players, are about to emulate that legendary team of 75-76?

It's been one hell of a wait but I'm beginning to (very tentatively) believe they really could - not only that, but this squad could really do it in style - I can't remember a City team with so many exciting players!

We'll need improved fortune with injuries but with Massengo and Nagy settling in to this division like ducks to water - every other Championship club must envy us their signings - everything augurs fantastically well at the moment. :city:

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, he looked on the very brink of losing it when the others were singing apparently.

LJ had to tell him to keep his hair on. :noexp: 

Lineker-esque !..… cant joke about things like this anymore doncha know. . .  PC madness.

(its possibly still ok for Wig-on fans though I guess ? )

PS .. excuse the emoji - no offence intended ...    :shocking:  

39 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I read at least 3 different comparisons last night to this team and manager to the promotion team of '76.

The performance was described as being similar to the way Dicks' team dug out away results that year, Brownhill termed as Taintonesque, and Massengo likened to Gerry Gow.

I wonder if things have finally come together and this set up, and these players, are about to emulate that legendary team of 75-76?

It's been one hell of a wait but I'm beginning to (very tentatively) believe they really could - not only that, but this squad could really do it in style - I can't remember a City team with so many exciting players!

We'll need improved fortune with injuries but with Massengo and Nagy settling in to this division like ducks to water - every other Championship club must envy us their signings - everything augurs fantastically well at the moment. :city:

I'm not a natural optimist when it comes to all things Bristol City (too much bitter experience!) but I find myself agreeing with you...and am just booking train tickets to Stoke and Preston...

37 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Very early doors. Problem with LJ through his time here has been stopping the rot when things go badly.

IF he can do that when it comes then we will do well. If not then will be usual story.

We didn't have any long runs without wins last season. I think the fans would recognise that more if more of the wins were at home. 

I think Johnson might find that if you have higher quality players, it takes less time for them to learn his drills and patterns. 

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Win, draw or lose LJ always speaks with honesty and candour. He’s my favourite City manager to listen to.

No doubt at all that he wears his heart on his sleeve as we saw yesterday and I really like the way he treats us fans with respect.

Tbh his old man was also very good to listen to. Not sure you would have listened to any of his tho. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Tbh his old man was also very good to listen to. Not sure you would have listened to any of his tho. 

You’re right there.

I got fed up early on with him taking all the credit after a win, blaming the players after a defeat and laughing at his own jokes.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We didn't have any long runs without wins last season. I think the fans would recognise that more if more of the wins were at home. 

I think Johnson might find that if you have higher quality players, it takes less time for them to learn his drills and patterns. 

We went 6 without winning after the winning streak.

We also had several other poor spells including 4 defeats in a row.

Its that kind of thing that is very LJ and it needs to improve this year.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We went 6 without winning after the winning streak.

We also had several other poor spells including 4 defeats in a row.

Its that kind of thing that is very LJ and it needs to improve this year.

Very few teams other than Norwich last season, manage to go through a Championship season without a bad run, 6 including 4 defeats is par for the course. 

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm not a natural optimist when it comes to all things Bristol City (too much bitter experience!) but I find myself agreeing with you...and am just booking train tickets to Stoke and Preston...

Ha ha, there are times in every fan's City supporting life when you need a team to give you a renewed burst of enthusiasm and optimism.

Don't want to get carried away - it could all go horribly wrong as quickly as Hull on Saturday -  but the way things stand this morning the current squad is definitely providing that revitalisation, and long may it continue!

There will be alot of jaded Bristol City followers sitting up and taking notice of what's going on at AG, and the positive and widespread publicity surrounding the likes of Nagy and Massengo, and I can see gates rising significantly (well, as much as capacity allows!) if this exciting and entertaining team can keep it up.

Nice to see some positivity on here atm. Go back just over a week to some of the outrageous comments certain posters. made when we were 1-0 down at Birmingham.......similarly if we go a goal down at Hull on Saturday!! As I see it we haven’t “arrived” just yet and we’re still a month or two away from gelling properly as a team. I see this period as one where we scrap for what we can get before we’re seriously up and running........and the last three games is exactly what we have done. Battled at Birmingham, got the job done somehow on Saturday and defended like Trojan’s last night.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ha ha, there are times in every fan's City supporting life when you need a team to give you a renewed burst of enthusiasm and optimism.

Don't want to get carried away - it could all go horribly wrong as quickly as Hull on Saturday -  but the way things stand this morning the current squad is definitely providing that revitalisation, and long may it continue!

There will be alot of jaded Bristol City followers sitting up and taking notice of what's going on at AG, and the positive and widespread publicity surrounding the likes of Nagy and Massengo, and I can see gates rising significantly (well, as much as capacity allows!) if this exciting and entertaining team can keep it up.

It's a long time since hitting crowds of over 21k was the norm hasn't it @Nogbad the Bad? If we can get a positive result this Saturday then I could see the Boro game generating a lot of interest in the home sections even with it being a TV game and a 12:30 kick off.

Archived