IGNORED

‘Sing Song in the dressing room afterwards’

BobBobSuperBob

Improving our results at the Gate are paramount to a decent challenge near the top of the division. We can't expect to be top 6 with another poor season of results at home.

IF we can make BS3 a fortress, I will join the 'positive' club but there's still a doubt in my mind that we can turn our home results around from last season when, let's be honest, our home results were pretty poor for a side finishing 8th. 

Looking good at the mo though and getting better by the game. :)

50 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Lineker-esque !..… cant joke about things like this anymore doncha know. . .  PC madness.

(its possibly still ok for Wig-on fans though I guess ? )

PS .. excuse the emoji - no offence intended ...    :shocking:  

No time for Lineker and his views or jokes normally, but if even the baldie in the emoji I gave your post is laughing then, really, who cares if a few attention seekers have found LIneker's joke 'offensive'?

In the real world, no one, and that's what they should be told in no uncertain terms.

Even this slaphead agrees! :yes: :doh:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Win, draw or lose LJ always speaks with honesty and candour. He’s my favourite City manager to listen to.

No doubt at all that he wears his heart on his sleeve as we saw yesterday and I really like the way he treats us fans with respect.

Even over his dad? 

• Admin
6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting .......and excellent to hear

Thought LJs post match interview worth a little thread on its own amongst the aftermath, interesting and spoke well

Together with his (Written Press) post match interview on Saturday - well worth a listen

Hes gone from a man looking under pressure to someone very quietly excited and confident about this group

Something Bristol Bears and Somerset Cricket are well known for doing after a victory 

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Interesting .......and excellent to hear

Thought LJs post match interview worth a little thread on its own amongst the aftermath, interesting and spoke well

Together with his (Written Press) post match interview on Saturday - well worth a listen

Hes gone from a man looking under pressure to someone very quietly excited and confident about this group

A full on rendition of `If I Had The Wings Of A Sparrow` is what I heard they finished with.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. QPR performance was some way from dominating and we really struggled to keep the ball last night in the second half - although defended very well as a team to get a great result. But we are a little weak in the wing back areas given injuries and still lack a good ball playing centre back. So still some work to do to be the finished article. But yes great that new players are having a real positive impact and our bench looks strong 

17 minutes ago, desert said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. QPR performance was some way from dominating and we really struggled to keep the ball last night in the second half - although defended very well as a team to get a great result. But we are a little weak in the wing back areas given injuries and still lack a good ball playing centre back. So still some work to do to be the finished article. But yes great that new players are having a real positive impact and our bench looks strong 

You could look at it as we didn't dominate the game, struggled to keep the ball and still won 2-0 and never looked like conceding . Playing poorly and winning is a good sign.

God knows how many games I've seen us either play poorly and get smashed or play well and still lose!

Early days yet. As long as we keep on grinding out the results, the quality of football should improve.

The usual pattern in a season is:-

August - fine tuning and hard work getting the necessary results

Sept to Nov/Dec - usually the best quality football of the season.

Christmas to end of season - Back to grinding out results. Injuries, suspensions, tiredness begin to be a factor. The mental side of the game comes to the fore and it's one of the big reasons why the Hansen's of the football world say you don't win titles with kids.

And the first choice team is often improved by accident rather than design. A replacement for an injury or a new signing which adds a spark to the side. Although we may have seen the new signings already. Or it could be Semenyo or Janneh?

Get the home form going and we could very well be looking at new horizons in May.

People laughed at first, but the due diligence in players DNA is paying off.

We have some talented footballers, but as far as I'm aware no knob heads in the squad.

All want to work as one...decent lads and imo a bit brighter than some footballers. Talk and communicate well and obviously understand what's being asked.

The great thing is, we aren't even playing to our full potential yet...

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Very few teams other than Norwich last season, manage to go through a Championship season without a bad run, 6 including 4 defeats is par for the course. 

Not if you want to make the playoffs. Ultimately the reason was the streaks of no wins went on too long - it was lesser last season to the ones the seasons before but still a concern. 

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

People laughed at first, but the due diligence in players DNA is paying off.

We have some talented footballers, but as far as I'm aware no knob heads in the squad.

All want to work as one...decent lads and imo a bit brighter than some footballers. Talk and communicate well and obviously understand what's being asked.

The great thing is, we aren't even playing to our full potential yet...

Far from our full potential IMO.

Factor in the injuries, factor in the big change, the churn- where we're currently at, a bit ahead of schedule if anything?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Far from our full potential IMO.

Factor in the injuries, factor in the big change, the churn- where we're currently at, a bit ahead of schedule if anything?

Totally agree...LJ has got the defence working, and the rest grinding.

Think we'll see a lot more offensively in the future.

To darken the mood a little, how many points did we get from Leeds (h), Birmingham (a), QPR (h) and Derby (a)?

Does feel more positive though....that’s what 2 successive wind does.

I do agree, this side has massive improvement opportunity too.

17 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not if you want to make the playoffs. Ultimately the reason was the streaks of no wins went on too long - it was lesser last season to the ones the seasons before but still a concern. 

Recall Cardiff going on a 4 game losing streak the season they went up automatically.

Thing is to me last night felt different. I felt we controlled the whole game and dominated, it might have been more exciting to watch had we kept taking the game to Derby in the 2nd half but the reality is we didn't need to. They reminded me of us last season trying to break down teams (particularly at home) who were playing for a draw or 1 goal win. We would work the ball wide and rely on a cross dropping right or a great long range strike, we struggled to break teams down through the middle. We seem to have addressed this issue with Palmer, Afobe and Wieman's combination of passing and movement. 

You are always going to be a little nervous with a few minutes left and a 1 goal lead but I never really doubted we would see it out.  

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

To darken the mood a little, how many points did we get from Leeds (h), Birmingham (a), QPR (h) and Derby (a)?

Does feel more positive though....that’s what 2 successive wind does.

I do agree, this side has massive improvement opportunity too.

How does that darken the mood? ? That's an excellent return from four matches.

That's 1.75 points per game, which would safely see us in the playoffs if carried on for the whole season.

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

How does that darken the mood? ? That's an excellent return from four matches.

That's 1.75 points per game, which would safely see us in the playoffs if carried on for the whole season.

It is excellent, but I was just comparing it to last season, when we ultimately fell short (8th)

1 hour ago, Diddlydonkey said:

Recall Cardiff going on a 4 game losing streak the season they went up automatically.

Of course but did they also have other 5 and 6 game streaks of no wins? I’m talking about 4 or 5 streaks where LJ can’t seem to turn it around quick enough. 

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone else think the kick up the arse we had from Leeds was just what we needed? It showed up our deficiencies and maybe took us down a peg or two?

Leeds was always going to be a tough game any time of the season, but it was at a bad time for us especially. We had just lost Webster which was a huge blow from purely a player point of view. We were still trying to bring a much needed striker in, as well as do other last minute deals or incoming and maybe outgoing players. We were very unsettled.

I think if we had Leeds now, say on Saturday, we would give them a much tighter game

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

And the first choice team is often improved by accident rather than design. A replacement for an injury or a new signing which adds a spark to the side. Although we may have seen the new signings already. Or it could be Semenyo or Janneh?

Get the home form going and we could very well be looking at new horizons in May.

This season, theoretically, Korey and Jay's return will hit about this early 2020 time.

Archived