IGNORED

Eddie on bench again

OldlandReddies

I don't care but more importantly I suspect neither does he and neither do Arsenal. Emery was happy to have him sat on the Arsenal bench all season but from the club's point of view it makes financial sense to get Leeds to pay to have him sat on their bench instead.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I don't care but more importantly I suspect neither does he and neither do Arsenal. Emery was happy to have him sat on the Arsenal bench all season but from the club's point of view it makes financial sense to get Leeds to pay to have him sat on their bench instead.

I’m sure he’d rather be playing football than sat on the bench...

18 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Don’t know what Leeds said to him to convince him to sign but Bielsa historically never changes his starting 11 unless has has to due to injuries, that’s why they burn out. So he may have a long wait. I’m sure he’d rather be sat on Arsenal’s bench. Rather have Afobe now anyway.

Indeed, common knowledge, though apparently unknown to either Arsenal or the player. Which suggests that developing him by getting regular game time was not a priority for either.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm sure Arsenal would prefer their player to be playing games.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep.

The old boys network trumps the practicality of trying to get 3 points.

Orta and Emery may not have done Nketiah or Arsenal any favours.

At least LJ did the pitch for BCFC...

Surely if they rated him as much as is claimed he wouldn't have been behind Nelson who is I believe younger than Nketiah? sounds to me like another in the long line of young arsenal players that don't make it at their level. 

26 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Oh god are we going to bitch about this lad all season long - get over it, move on.

Or you don’t read a thread titled “Eddie on bench again” and leave us to bitch all we want. Move on.

Anyway back to Eddie - what a Nkunteh?

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Surely if they rated him as much as is claimed he wouldn't have been behind Nelson who is I believe younger than Nketiah? sounds to me like another in the long line of young arsenal players that don't make it at their level. 

TBF he played very well against top European sides.

He certainly has the potential but it may be that his development may be stifled with Leeds.

If Bamford keeps scoring then Nketiah won't get a look in.

Bielsa won't drop Bamford for him while he is playing well and if the hierarchy try to get him to play Nketiah he will walk as he's done before.

I hope he hardly plays, along with Bielsas previous loans he will be getting himself and Leeds a bad reputation, which will mean other top clubs won't want to send them their fringe players in the future.

Long may it continue.

11 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I hope he hardly plays, along with Bielsas previous loans he will be getting himself and Leeds a bad reputation, which will mean other top clubs won't want to send them their fringe players in the future.

Long may it continue.

Bielsa won't even use subs if he can help it let alone change his team.

Its probably why ALL his teams are knackered before the end of the season and he's won nothing.

Archived