IGNORED

Eddie on bench again

OldlandReddies

2 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

2/3 years ago I wrote on here that BCFC has fans that aren't equipped for a promotion push.

The example a few seasons ago at ER when we literally pulled the team from 0-2 against you to 2-2 was a prime example of something I could never see happen at Ashton Gate.

You had a thread on a player you were possibly going to get on loan, fair enough you want to chat about possible exciting incomings. You don't get the player so move on.....

Erm...cue a thread about how said player is on the bench, the rest was a car crash.

Its all a bit tin pot really, the mentality of the fans can literally add to the points tally at the end of the season, maybe only a couple BUT that can be the difference.

What is the point in having a decent stadium, being by far the largest club in the area in one of the best cities in the country (Bristol is much nicer than Leeds) if you don't act like you are. 

I genuinely want to see BCFC do well, not only for my mates sanity but for the good of the city.

If you feel owner / manager aren't giving you everything you need then you as fans need to provide that extra 1% that could be the difference.

Interesting post

City fans and Leeds fans mentality certainly different over the years 

I think Spazza , lack of success , numerous messes , and false dawns , over decades and decades has a large part to play 

We aren’t used to being successful and have almost come to accept it

What a bitter lot we are?  He's quality, he didn't come here, and who can blame him for choosing Leeds?  I would have. He's only there for 1 season, and then he'll be back at Arsenal, probably scoring against the same Leeds team he just left.  Move On.

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

2/3 years ago I wrote on here that BCFC has fans that aren't equipped for a promotion push.

The example a few seasons ago at ER when we literally pulled the team from 0-2 against you to 2-2 was a prime example of something I could never see happen at Ashton Gate.

You had a thread on a player you were possibly going to get on loan, fair enough you want to chat about possible exciting incomings. You don't get the player so move on.....

Erm...cue a NEW thread about how said player is on the bench, the rest was a car crash.

Its all a bit tin pot really, the mentality of the fans can literally add to the points tally at the end of the season, maybe only a couple BUT that can be the difference.

What is the point in having a decent stadium, being by far the largest club in the area in one of the best cities in the country (Bristol is much nicer than Leeds) if you don't act like you are the best in the area. 

I genuinely want to see BCFC do well, not only for my mates sanity but for the good of the city.

If you feel owner / manager aren't giving you everything you need then you as fans need to provide that extra 1% that could be the difference.

Good post, although I point you to the 2-2 draw at Ashton gate in the 15/16 season.....

I don't really understand why people are so wound up about him. He made his choice, unfortunately it wasn't us. Could he have acted with more professionalism? Probably. It happens - it's almost definitely happened with players choosing us over other clubs in the past too. We just aren't aware of it.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't really understand why people are so wound up about him. He made his choice, unfortunately it wasn't us. Could he have acted with more professionalism? Probably. It happens - it's almost definitely happened with players choosing us over other clubs in the past too. We just aren't aware of it.

Didn't have to ditch the medical in the manner that he did though, but I agree that it more than likely has happened in our favour in the past and generally happens pretty often in football, the gazumping, the favoured contact thing etc.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Didn't have to ditch the medical in the manner that he did though, but I agree that it more than likely has happened in our favour in the past and generally happens pretty often in football, the gazumping, the favoured contact thing etc.

Of course not - he definitely wasn't as professional as he should have been.. but it happens, and will happen again. We ended up with Afobe so everything was ok in the end. 

I'll give an example that is very similar. 31st January, Dan James actually had his photos done in the Leeds kit, deadline day signing. They showed it in the Leeds documentary.

Fee agreed, personal terms agreed, medical complete by 1pm. Then he was just left sat there as the Swansea board argued about selling him.

Swansea board royally effed us around and we lost out on a permanent transfer of a gem!

No threads about him afterwards, heads down a little disappointed sure, but you roll on.

Mentality is key, if you're always looking back you can't move forwards, that feeling transmits to the players.

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

Erm...cue a NEW thread about how said player is on the bench, the rest was a car crash.

What is the point in having a decent stadium, being by far the largest club in the area in one of the best cities in the country (Bristol is much nicer than Leeds) if you don't act like you are the best in the area. 

You can’t see the fans at Ashton Gate dragging the team from 2-0 down in the last few minutes to get back to 2-2?

910CD2A6-D736-4567-BC50-EF4080866744.png

2 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Agreed with that. I think there are sections of our support who still have a League 1 mentality - because that's historically where we've operated for years. Some people still baulk at £1/2m fees as if it's 2007 and that's a huge amount of money for clubs.

32 minutes ago, grifty said:

You can’t see the fans at Ashton Gate dragging the team from 2-0 down in the last few minutes to get back to 2-2?

910CD2A6-D736-4567-BC50-EF4080866744.png

I was there (unfortunately), it wasn't the fans that did that. It was the players, big difference.

You weren't signing for 40 minutes straight in the second half. Dragging them forward.

Your fans went mental from minute 88 onwards.

9 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

I'll give an example that is very similar. 31st January, Dan James actually had his photos done in the Leeds kit, deadline day signing. They showed it in the Leeds documentary.

Fee agreed, personal terms agreed, medical complete by 1pm. Then he was just left sat there as the Swansea board argued about selling him.

Swansea board royally effed us around and we lost out on a permanent transfer of a gem!

No threads about him afterwards, heads down a little disappointed sure, but you roll on.

Mentality is key, if you're always looking back you can't move forwards, that feeling transmits to the players.

While I agree it's a bit tinpot (note that this is my first post on the thread) I think the difference between the two is that the player didn't mess Leeds around as seems to be the case here.

Nketiah was due for a medical and didn't turn up, without so much as the courtesy of a phone call to say why.

As opposed to a player being at the club, medical done, personal terms done but the selling club pissing around to stop the deal.

At the end of the day we signed Afobe who is a good striker, and supposedly with a very knock down price if we take up the option to buy- not as exciting as Nketiah, but a good player in his own right.

9 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

And of course , the other side to this is , unlike a large part of Leeds fan base , we don’t lose the plot when we fail to get promoted 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And of course , the other side to this is , unlike a large part of Leeds fan base , we don’t lose the plot when we fail to get promoted 

Yeahhhhh. Saying as you post a billion times a day, I’m sure you see the reaction on this forum when we lose one game. 

All supporters of their team lose the plot when things don’t go to plan. Man City fans would go apeshit if they finished 2nd with 100 points....

The thread about him being on the bench talks to the fact that Bielsa has previous. Chelsea lent Leeds three players on the promise they would get game time. They didn’t and Chelsea probs won’t do any business with Bielsa again. 

Arsenal pretend they are data driven, thorough and professional yet completely fell for the same lies that Chelsea fell for. 

I have no grudge against the player, 

I just find it interesting that history is repeating itself and that Arsenal are nowhere near as thorough, professional and clever as they like to think they are. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Yeahhhhh. Saying as you post a billion times a day, I’m sure you see the reaction on this forum when we lose one game. 

All supporters of their team lose the plot when things don’t go to plan. Man City fans would go apeshit if they finished 2nd with 100 points....

Wtf has it got to do with you how many times I post or don’t post

Maybe you can scratch around the sofa , find yourself a fiver or do you avoid paying for anything you can skim for free ?

5 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

The thread about him being on the bench talks to the fact that Bielsa has previous. Chelsea lent Leeds three players on the promise they would get game time. They didn’t and Chelsea probs won’t do any business with Bielsa again. 

Arsenal pretend they are data driven, thorough and professional yet completely fell for the same lies that Chelsea fell for. 

I have no grudge against the player, 

I just find it interesting that history is repeating itself and that Arsenal are nowhere near as thorough, professional and clever as they like to think they are. 

When Bielsa did that analysis presentation to prove spying wasn’t really an issue, he just took reports straight from Wyscout.  I’m sure his analysts watched lots of stuff, but it wasn’t an revolutionary as many thought (were fooled by).  For £50 or month, I could get all that....I’m sure Leeds can afford it.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And you’re little dig because you received an egg plant emoji the other day and immediately went on a emoji fest

Bless

Are you 13 

:laughcont:

maybe you could save your comic money towards that fiver

Laughable.

My post was to say Leeds fans are essentially the same as any other. A point obviously a bit too subtle. Hey - as you post every five seconds I understand your comprehension isn’t the greatest 

I’m sure you have the time to go back and forth - I have a life. ?

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Laughable.

My post was to say Leeds fans are essentially the same as any other. A point obviously a bit too subtle. Hey - as you post every five seconds I understand your comprehension isn’t the greatest 

I’m sure you have the time to go back and forth - I have a life. ?

As you started it , yes I have , .....don’t fear

I have filed you in the bell end drawer

12 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

10 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

What you say there about your crowd, and ours, I would take great issue with, and argue over til the cows come home (they're in now, actually), and defend our lot to the last, but I just can't be arsed.

We're Bristol City : we just can't be arsed. It's too much bloody effort.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Nah - @BobBobSuperBob recently went a significant amount of time without posting on here at all  - you are incorrect 

Archived