IGNORED

Tomlin and Flint

Colombo Robin

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

By all accounts he's back in shape.

And a '3' behind the striker of say Hoilett-Tomlin-Murphy could bode well. Attitude etc notwithstanding. Callum Paterson for Hoilett another good example. On paper it looks quite good...on paper.

Maybe he fancies a move to a league one club or below, thats what it usually means when he gets back in shape

35 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Both starting for Cardiff tonight. Do I remember reading that they didn't get on or have I just completely made that up? 

Lines were drawn in the squad during that season - Tomlin vs one of our key players. Let’s just say it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on with Flinty and Marlon. 

23 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Leeds play very ugly football, effective, but not pretty on the eye, i'm so bored watching them now.

Each to their own but they generally dominate both in terms of chances and the ball at this level under Bielsa. High pressing, proactive.

Bielsa, wouldn't get high praise from the likes of Guardiola, Pochettino and Martino- plus Simeone though he's a pragmatist but changing.

11 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Lines were drawn in the squad during that season - Tomlin vs one of our key players. Let’s just say it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on with Flinty and Marlon. 

Exactly what i was thinking. A bad run of results and it has the potential to get very toxic. All to the detriment of Cardiff (rubs hands with glee)  

I know possession isnt everything, but Fulham with 89% possession first half is a bit over and beyond. Looking at their bench, think most of those would be in most sides starting eleven at this level. Their fire power looks strong, and with players like Sessegnon and Bryan, lets be honest, there is some real quaility there.

edit...wrong thread!

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I know possession isnt everything, but Fulham with 89% possession first half is a bit over and beyond. Looking at their bench, think most of those would be in most sides starting eleven at this level. Their fire power looks strong, and with players like Sessegnon and Bryan, lets be honest, there is some real quaility there.

Bet they’d like Nagi and Massengo but they can’t cos we got em and are going to make a fortune when we inevitably sell

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I should hope so given the cost of that squad. They are also committed to paying £11m for Reid.

No doubt they will go up but if not they could have financial problems unless they sell big.

Tomlin has been an interesting watch over the waters.  I will remember that player  on the loan and how he was, not the player after he signed.

Well documented about his 'demons' and hope he has got over them and can look the player he should be. let's be fair, we all like to see good players in the Championship (as long as he's not good against us). If Warnock cannot get him to perform then he will be back in League One. Perhaps he will get a run in the Cardiff side. 

34 minutes ago, cityexile said:

edit...wrong thread!

I think they've got a lot of players Fulham what with their signings who could slot into lower PL sides- they should win this League.

Fantastic bench strength too, as you say. Rumoured to be adding Hector in January- think they're looking to build a side or a squad with a lot of players good enough for lower to lower mid table PL when they reach it!

@chinapig Selling Ryan Sessegnon for as much as they did will help to mitigate that IMO. Think was £25m- number of PL loanees and freebies left in the summer and surely relegation % wage cuts.

36 minutes ago, cityexile said:

edit...wrong thread!

Sessegnon does not play for Fulham anymore. 

Archived