IGNORED

Tonight’s matches...

cityexile

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I remember looking at it after we beat them on New Years Day in the last days of Rowett's tenure and it was absolutely toxic. I imagine it's similar now.

Mind you, at least we saved some transport on Afobe. They were queuing up to drive him down.

One of those teams I look at the players they still have and think they ought to be doing miles better. Just seem to have got themselves stuck with a lot of players that do not fancy it on high wages. Fulham seemed to buy a team for this season rather than last.

18 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The Stoke forum makes for good reading.

Good. I remember many of those arrogant pricks chanting ‘we’ll never play you again’ after they beat us 2-1 in 2008.  

18 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It is stupid early days, of course it is...but...cannot help but notice that with the exception of Charlton, the top six at the moment are all fancied runners and riders and look pretty strong already.

Unsure about Swansea too- obviously Charlton are the pre season no hoppers who are riding high.

Swansea I don't think many were tipping- James and McBurnie sold, Potter gone...probably exceeding expectations a bit right now.

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My favs for top spot

I know possession isnt everything, but Fulham with 89% possession first half is a bit over and beyond. Looking at their bench, think most of those would be in most sides starting eleven at this level. Their fire power looks strong, and with players like Sessegnon and Bryan, lets be honest, there is some real quaility there.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I know possession isnt everything, but Fulham with 89% possession first half is a bit over and beyond. Looking at their bench, think most of those would be in most sides starting eleven at this level. Their fire power looks strong, and with players like Sessegnon and Bryan, lets be honest, there is some real quaility there.

Yes

A better side on paper , than went up 18 months  ago 

35 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I must have missed that, good shout then.

A best mate is a big Charlton fan so watching them on the red button. He really is looking good. Funny how some players just peak late after very average early careers 

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Why are Stoke struggling? On paper they have a very good team. They changed manager last season so is it poor manager or do the players just don't want to be there? 

Playing shite, no application, going through the motions.

Thats it in a nutshell really :)

Archived