IGNORED

Sky Gone All Coy This Season?

BTRFTG

Maybe I missed this (would have had my money on NTTDS pointing it out,) but the lad's just updated me when I asked why suddenly there's voluminous clapping and noise when the game we're watching is temporarily suspended for an injury?

Transpires this year they're playing mock crowd noise to obscure chants such as : "You're F**ing Sh*t...."

I'd rather they overlaid with the Vision-On tune....

Dunno why but it winds me up when their commentators say stuff like “apologies if you’ve been offended by anything you may have just heard” - it’s football, it’s emotive and some chants contain some flowery language and fans are prone to shout things out in frustration because they care so much - for Sky to apologise on behalf of football fans is cringy - as is obscuring chants with pre-recorded crowd noise if that’s true ...

14 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Maybe I missed this (would have had my money on NTTDS pointing it out,) but the lad's just updated me when I asked why suddenly there's voluminous clapping and noise when the game we're watching is temporarily suspended for an injury?

Transpires this year they're playing mock crowd noise to obscure chants such as : "You're F**ing Sh*t...."

How utterly cringe. Artificial crowd noise being played... Jeez. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Dunno why but it winds me up when their commentators say stuff like “apologies if you’ve been offended by anything you may have just heard” - it’s football, it’s emotive and some chants contain some flowery language and fans are prone to shout things out in frustration because they care so much - for Sky to apologise on behalf of football fans is cringy - as is obscuring chants with pre-recorded crowd noise if that’s true ...

Probably just covering all bases, Ofcom etc but agreed- it's football! We (fans of whatever club), we care!

15 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Which game were you watching? As I know they do it for a lot of Leeds games as they have a number of specifically anti Sky chants as their fans are miffed that they play at 3pm on a Saturday around once every 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Which game were you watching? As I know they do it for a lot of Leeds games as they have a number of specifically anti Sky chants as their fans are miffed that they play at 3pm on a Saturday around once every 20 years. 

My lad's watching Uncle Albert in  Charlton Vs Forest......

He did OK and the ex Gashead gifted him a knock in equaliser ......

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I want to City promoted because I want to see them play at the highest possible level, not because of the other teams that are there.

Also true but don't you want to watch the likes of Mo Salah and Aguero each week? I loved our run in the league cup and we were playing almost b teams...

29 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Meanwhile there management use it to sell the club to players as great exposure. They can't have it both ways. 

3 minutes ago, Judda said:

Also true but don't you want to watch the likes of Mo Salah and Aguero each week? I loved our run in the league cup and we were playing almost b teams...

Not unless they were wearing a Bristol City top.

The opposition isn't what interests me.

I loved the cup run because it was Bristol City in a cup Quarter final. Bristol City in a cup Semi Final.
I'd have been just as happy if the semi final was against Colchester, and we'd have been more likely to reach the final.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not unless they were wearing a Bristol City top.

The opposition isn't what interests me.

If you only enjoy watching city play I really feel for you. I love City and only care when they win... but surely you have to recognise that there's amazing football to watch elsewhere? 

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

You get about 15-20 good matches a season in that league, the rest are teams playing for survival. 

I bet if you watched every Premier League game and every Western Premier game it wouldn't be the one with millionaire that provided the most entertainment.

13 minutes ago, Judda said:

True but it's still the best league to watch....

In some respects.

Would argue past 3 full seasons have though become a bit of a chasm between the big 6 and the rest.

PPG, goal differentials between 1st-6th in one block, 7th-20th show this to be the case- post Leicester basically.

This season too early to say of course.

Regardless a feeling persists that the gap has got larger and the 'on their day' claim that bottom can turnover top? Not so much.

It's easy to delve into these numbers. Sky certainly could- but it'd potentially weaken the 'product'.

Just now, Judda said:

If you only enjoy watching city play I really feel for you. I love City and only care when they win... but surely you have to recognise that there's amazing football to watch elsewhere? 

There absolutely is amazing football to watch elsewhere.

However you appear to have been brainwashed into believing Sky's nonsense that only the Premier League has it.

There's amazing football all the way down to grassroots level.

I bet if you watched every Premier League game and every Western Premier game it wouldn't be the one with millionaire that provided the most entertainment.

Maybe you should get a season ticket at the Rovers... you might prefer it!

?

There absolutely is amazing football to watch elsewhere.

However you appear to have been brainwashed into believing Sky's nonsense that only the Premier League has it.

There's amazing football all the way down to grassroots level.

I'll happily watch my daughter's u12 team play. I love football. But you must be blind if you don't recognise the highest level of football is great...

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why?
I support Bristol City.

Maybe you should get a season ticket at Brighton, you might prefer it.

Why?

1 minute ago, Judda said:

I'll happily watch my daughter's u12 team play. I love football. But you must be blind if you don't recognise the highest level of football is great...

Where have I said it isn't?

Why?

You'll get to see Aguero, Sane, Mane, Aubameyang, Lacazette. That's what you said you want to see...

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where have I said it isn't?

You'll get to see Aguero, Sane, Mane, Aubameyang, Lacazette. That's what you said you want to see...

I thought it was obvious but if I have to spell it out to you... watching bcfc play those players would be great...

Also... if you decided on Brighton rather than any of the other teams in the Prem for a reason then I'd be embarrassed for you..?

I thought it was obvious but if I have to spell it out to you... watching bcfc play those players would be great...

Also... if you decided on Brighton rather than any of the other teams in the Prem for a reason then I'd be embarrassed for you..?

No I chose them at random out of the non top-6 sides.

Because the majority of the teams play stifling football in a large number of games (though actually Brighton not the best example to choose here) *because* they are so desperate to stay a part of the money machine that SKY created that attritional football is seen as their best chance of avoiding relegation. Look at the way the lower teams set up when they face the bigger ones. Everyone behind the ball at all times, approaching the game from a "must not lose" standpoint.

I thought my point about there being amazing football to see at all levels right down to grassroots was obvious, especially as you then said you watch your daughter in u12s, yet you didn't actually address that point and instead brushed it away with "Go watch the gas then"

Archived