IGNORED

Sky Gone All Coy This Season?

BTRFTG

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No I chose them at random out of the non top-6 sides.

Because the majority of the teams play stifling football in a large number of games (though actually Brighton not the best example to choose here) *because* they are so desperate to stay a part of the money machine that SKY created that attritional football is seen as their best chance of avoiding relegation. Look at the way the lower teams set up when they face the bigger ones. Everyone behind the ball at all times, approaching the game from a "must not lose" standpoint.

I thought my point about there being amazing football to see at all levels right down to grassroots was obvious, especially as you then said you watch your daughter in u12s, yet you didn't actually address that point and instead brushed it away with "Go watch the gas then"

That's ok then. Thought you may have picked them as a homophobic dig. Apologies for misreading it. Anyhow I see good enjoyable football at u12 level... very honest football that I love... but personally prefer match of the day on a Saturday night... maybe it's the cider... maybe it's the better football. 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Dunno why but it winds me up when their commentators say stuff like “apologies if you’ve been offended by anything you may have just heard” - it’s football, it’s emotive and some chants contain some

**flowery language

and fans are prone to shout things out in frustration because they care so much - for Sky to apologise on behalf of football fans is cringy - as is obscuring chants with pre-recorded crowd noise if that’s true ...

** know what you mean re: flowery language.. I'm not keen on hearing it myself, not in my living room...

Roses are Red,  Violets are Blue , etc etc… 

flowery language is  so  f * c * ing  annoying,  they should edit out the cants who chant that flowery shyte - its f'ing offensive.  

1 hour ago, StGeorge said:

Preston fans telling Stoke they're ******* shit came over loud and clear tonight.

Justified

Also noticed that in our game at Derby last night, in the 1st half the Derby fans chants of "Winker, Winker" etc after a string of ref decisions going our way were clearly heard on the red button coverage, with (thankfully) no apology!

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

For ruining football.

You know no-one forces clubs to accept millions of pounds to occasionally move their games around (or, heaven forbid, show them on the red button at the same time they were always on)? If people actually thought about it, they might start chanting ‘**** the EFL/Premier League’ instead which would make a lot more sense. The whole reason the PL broke away was because clubs wanted to make more money from TV. Can’t have it both ways.

40 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

You know no-one forces clubs to accept millions of pounds to occasionally move their games around (or, heaven forbid, show them on the red button at the same time they were always on)? If people actually thought about it, they might start chanting ‘**** the EFL/Premier League’ instead which would make a lot more sense. The whole reason the PL broke away was because clubs wanted to make more money from TV. Can’t have it both ways.

A huge amount of clubs now *need* that money.

Look at the financial issues clubs have had when they drop out of the Premier League, especially if they don't get back up before parachute payments end.

WBA not in the best state financially, Villa were having issues before new owners came in. Swansea not in great shape, hence their owners spending bugger all. Bolton have uncertainty about their future. 

Let's see how Sunderland go over the next few seasons.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Look at the financial issues clubs have had when they drop out of the Premier League, especially if they don't get back up before parachute payments end.

WBA not in the best state financially, Villa were having issues before new owners came in. Swansea not in great shape, hence their owners spending bugger all. Bolton have uncertainty about their future. 

That’s bad management tho isn’t it,if I won the lottery and spunked it  all up the wall I would only have myself to blame not Camelot 

9 hours ago, Judda said:

I love watching premiership matches. That's why I want City promoted....

Do you also love the huge financial gap it’s created between those that have made it and those that haven’t?

Go and share your feelings with some Bury fans, be quick though while they still exist

10 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Which game were you watching? As I know they do it for a lot of Leeds games as they have a number of specifically anti Sky chants as their fans are miffed that they play at 3pm on a Saturday around once every 20 years. 

Yet every other supporter moans that their side is never on sky and Leeds are always on, I know which I prefer.

What the OP is saying has nothing to do with sky ‘sanitising’ football and everything to do with a law called the watershed.

The **** sky mentality is hilarious when pretty much everyone has a dish on the side of their house and paying them £60+ a month, crazy expense - although their broadband is good! :) 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Do you also love the huge financial gap it’s created between those that have made it and those that haven’t?

Go and share your feelings with some Bury fans, be quick though while they still exist

I don't think you can blame Sky for Burys problems. 

11 hours ago, Judda said:

True but it's still the best league to watch....

Depends on your definition of ‘best’. A vast amount of money, very unevenly spread, producing an unbalanced and very predictable league. Much prefer the Championship, competitive, unpredictable, big teams have to work hard to get promoted with budget no guarantee of success, whilst smaller teams can achieve promotion. Even in League One, so-called big teams often struggle to get promoted. Without this degree of uncertainty, football just becomes a series of exhibition matches.

Odd thing while watching the match on the red button on Tuesday night, my mate, also watching on the red button, sent me a text saying "On Fire!" We were one up at the time and I was just replying when City scored the second. I realized that was why he'd written that in his text, as he hadn't said anything about being on fire in a previous text while we were a goal to the good. I started to suspect that I was half a minute or so behind him in what I was viewing. I didn't alert him to this fact, however.

The next text I received from him was saying what a great, battling performance and a great win. Yet at the time I received it Derby were taking a corner and there was still a minimum of 70 seconds left. I realized then that he must be about 90 seconds ahead of me in watching the same game on sky. 

I watch via a Sky dish and Q Box. Anyone have any ideas what's happening? Btw, it was a relief hearing City had won when Derby were taking that corner as I was counting down the seconds with a great deal of pessimism.

12 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I'd rather they overlaid with the Vision-On tune....

Actually, the background music to The Gallery would be a fantastic chant to accompany boring passages of play.   A bit like 'Doobey, doobey, doo' but more of a piss take.  Could have done with that during the Pulis' (mis) rule. 

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Odd thing while watching the match on the red button on Tuesday night, my mate, also watching on the red button, sent me a text saying "On Fire!" We were one up at the time and I was just replying when City scored the second. I realized that was why he'd written that in his text, as he hadn't said anything about being on fire in a previous text while we were a goal to the good. I started to suspect that I was half a minute or so behind him in what I was viewing. I didn't alert him to this fact, however.

The next text I received from him was saying what a great, battling performance and a great win. Yet at the time I received it Derby were taking a corner and there was still a minimum of 70 seconds left. I realized then that he must be about 90 seconds ahead of me in watching the same game on sky. 

I watch via a Sky dish and Q Box. Anyone have any ideas what's happening? Btw, it was a relief hearing City had won when Derby were taking that corner as I was counting down the seconds with a great deal of pessimism.

If you have a Sky HD box, the red button stuff is delivered in standard definition by satellite.

If you have a Sky Q box, the red button stuff is delivered in high definition via the internet connection and this is probably gonna add some delay (though 90 seconds sounds a bit excessive!).

9 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

If you have a Sky HD box, the red button stuff is delivered in standard definition by satellite.

If you have a Sky Q box, the red button stuff is delivered in high definition via the internet connection and this is probably gonna add some delay (though 90 seconds sounds a bit excessive!).

Thanks for that. I'm guessing it is 90 seconds as I received the text when there was still 70 seconds remaining and I'd guess it took him 20 seconds to compose it.

If it gets too much further behind I'm tempted to phone Sky and explain the situation. Hopefully they might ask me to put on Sky News and ask what's on there and I would reply that it was just more coverage of President Kennedy's tour of Texas.

On a similar note, what the **** is going on with the BCTV recorded games this season? No full 90 minutes shown anymore and the highlights have the crowd noise barley audible. Even watching on tv the crowd are still very much a part of the enjoyment, especially for people who are exiled and want a taste of the atmos. It’s like watching games played behind closed doors, dead and boring! 

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

So what you’re saying is, Premier League clubs’ greed has come back to bite them?

30 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

On a similar note, what the **** is going on with the BCTV recorded games this season? No full 90 minutes shown anymore and the highlights have the crowd noise barley audible. Even watching on tv the crowd are still very much a part of the enjoyment, especially for people who are exiled and want a taste of the atmos. It’s like watching games played behind closed doors, dead and boring! 

Given he's neglected to join us on here, why not ask:

@BristolCitySLO

His SLO email appears to be:

slo@bcfc.co.uk

Seems the best place.

The other useful email addresses for this might be:

1. media@bcfc.co.uk
  2. dave.barton@bcfc.co.uk
  3. james.crawley@bcfc.co.uk
  4. ed.lewis@bcfc.co.uk

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-information/media/

56 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

My dad and I had a similar text chat on Tuesday too....but related to Bentley’s save.

47 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yep, I'm on sky Q, my dad on Skyhd box, and he was 30-60 seconds ahead.  Makes sense.  I did advise him that he should use this as bargaining power to ask my mum to allow him to get sky q!!!

Did they have more than one camera covering the Derby game on Sky or was it the same as last season? I was unable to watch it but it would be excellent if there was better coverage with replays etc. It should be possible given there's four cameras at all Championship games this season. 

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Did they have more than one camera covering the Derby game on Sky or was it the same as last season? I was unable to watch it but it would be excellent if there was better coverage with replays etc. It should be possible given there's four cameras at all Championship games this season. 

As part of the deal with Sky, clubs demanded the coverage be inferior to using iFollow, so most of the shots were off limits apart from the normal wide angles. I don’t know if the new deal overrides that but if it’s still a one-camera set-up then I’d guess not. Last night they had replays which I think (?) is new?

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given he's neglected to join us on here, why not ask:

@BristolCitySLO

His SLO email appears to be:

slo@bcfc.co.uk

Seems the best place.

The other useful email addresses for this might be:

1. media@bcfc.co.uk
  2. dave.barton@bcfc.co.uk
  3. james.crawley@bcfc.co.uk
  4. ed.lewis@bcfc.co.uk

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-information/media/

Thank you Mr P.

I've emailed Ed Lewis (media exec). I will let you know what he says. 

Archived