IGNORED

Next to go

Robin Wood

They do look like a team devoid of any leadership. 

There were moments tonight I was watching that and seeing Jones telling about 4 or 5 players where they needed to be for a throw in on the half way line. Surely a team which has been drilled well should know what their responsibilities are from a simple throw. 

That’s just pure amateurism. 

Felt a bit sorry for Ryan Woods too. He’s a bloody talented footballer. Without the ball, he gets no support in midfield and is often left isolated. With the ball, they generally bypass him and don’t feed him simple passes to keep the ball. I saw him a number of times tonight look at his CB’s in disgust at the fact they yet again lumped a useless ball forward when he’s in acres wanting a simple 10 yard pass. 

Poor, poor team. 

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Doesn't help the managers cause when his goalie keeps throwing it in the net

True. Terrible keeping. But Jack is usually a highly reliable keeper. One of the best in the country so say. Therefore, how is it that someone with so much talent has suddenly began making simple errors? Leadership, confidence, morale, desire. The team are devoid of these things. And that sort of thing comes from the top. 

56 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Nathan Jones next to go at Stoke looking in danger 

You packed your bags as I recall
And you walked slowly down the hall
You said you had to get away to ease your mind
And all you needed was a little of time
Oh winter's passed spring and fall
You never rung me, you never called
Nathan Jones you've been gone too long
Gone too long
If a woman could die of tears
Nathan Jones, well, I wouldn't be here
The key that you're holding won't fit my door
And there's no room in my heart for you no more
Oh winter's passed spring and fall
You never rung me, you never called
Nathan Jones you've been gone too long
Gone too long

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

True. Terrible keeping. But Jack is usually a highly reliable keeper. One of the best in the country so say. Therefore, how is it that someone with so much talent has suddenly began making simple errors? Leadership, confidence, morale, desire. The team are devoid of these things. And that sort of thing comes from the top. 

They didn’t let him join Villa and his heads gone

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Watching Jones tonight, he reminded me of a County League manager. 

Everything about him, his whole demeanour, just screams amateur. 

Bet he gets sacked then drops to league 1 and sorts out a bang average side out. Big issue at Stoke is clearly the attitude and commitment of the pmayers..

17 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Bet he gets sacked then drops to league 1 and sorts out a bang average side out. Big issue at Stoke is clearly the attitude and commitment of the pmayers..

He may well do mate, and agreed, Stoke have bigger issues than just the manager. 

But he just looks totally out of his depth. Maybe it’s just a naturally nervy/jittery demeanour that he has, but his constant twitching, jabbering, tactile approach strike me as someone who doesn’t have the respect of the players - he looks like he’s not ‘leading’ them but they are the boss of him. 

45 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Made a huge mistake leaving Luton

Pretty sure I said last season to BBSB that wouldn’t it be nice, just once, for someone like Jones to turn down a team like Stoke and take your current club on “that journey”.

Same with players...too eager to move.

If he does get the boot, I’ll have little sympathy.  Sounds harsh, but that’s how I feel.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

He may well do mate, and agreed, Stoke have bigger issues than just the manager. 

But he just looks totally out of his depth. Maybe it’s just a naturally nervy/jittery demeanour that he has, but his constant twitching, jabbering, tactile approach strike me as someone who doesn’t have the respect of the players - he looks like he’s not ‘leading’ them but they are the boss of him. 

I've been thinking exactly the same. I heard last night they were 3rd in the league for xG, they just weren't putting them away and letting in silly goals. Do stoke stick with him and hope it comes good, or twist and go for someone else. 

I actually think they need a big name manager in there to sort them out, I think Moyes (was there last night) would be perfect for them. 

Archived