IGNORED

Has Kalas Got A Song?

RedM

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

It seems there’s a desire to create long and complicated chants for players nowadays, which is great if they work, but mostly they don’t. 

Perhaps we ought to show our appreciation for some players with some of the old and simple, easy classics such as :

”One Tomas Kalas, there’s only one Tomas Kalas”

or

“Duh duh duh duh, Tomas Kalas”

If you’re after a play on something established, such as the ‘one of our own’ song :

“He’s no longer on loan, he’s no longer on loan, Tomas Kalas, he’s no longer on loan”

How do Man United get it to work? They seem to have an amazing back catalogue of unique songs for players that not only 'work' but are widely sung. Interested to know how they achieve this - that's the benchmark we should aim for in my opinion. So dull when people just sing '7 nation army' but add in X player name.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How do Man United get it to work? They seem to have an amazing back catalogue of unique songs for players that not only 'work' but are widely sung. Interested to know how they achieve this - that's the benchmark we should aim for in my opinion. So dull when people just sing '7 nation army' but add in X player name.

They tend to have professional song writers who create the lyrics, have fan groups who publicise the lyrics amongst the fans (often something like a ‘song sheet’, which most City fans would be in uproar about if that happened here), then of course they have more than about 30 people trying to actually sing it at a game. 

One thing I’ve learned over many years watching City, we have a very apathetic fan base. A simple song can sometimes see many join in, but any more than about 6 words and most of the fans can’t be arsed. 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

They tend to have professional song writers who create the lyrics, have fan groups who publicise the lyrics amongst the fans (often something like a ‘song sheet’, which most City fans would be in uproar about if that happened here), then of course they have more than about 30 people trying to actually sing it at a game. 

One thing I’ve learned over many years watching City, we have a very apathetic fan base. A simple song can sometimes see many join in, but any more than about 6 words and most of the fans can’t be arsed. 

We’em jus shy mind , in em .

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Some City fans haven't yet mastered the words to " you reds"!   :) 

(Need a new tune not copied off another club....panic by the Smith's....)

"Panic in the fans from London,

Panic in the fans from Birmingham,

Cardiff, Derby, Middlesbrough 

Hang your striker, hang your striker, hang your striker,

Tomas Kalas, Tomas Kalas,

Tomas Kalas, Tomas Kalas,

To-mas Kalas!

To-mas Kalas! "

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Perhaps an "old school", not very PC, "back to basics", simple chant:

"He's big, he's Czech, he's going to break your neck, Tommy K, Tommy K...", etc ... (some latitude on the name, granted).

I literally just choked on my tea.... ??

I like this. Chuck Norris goes to bed wearing a Tomas Kalas T Shirt 

1 hour ago, Nick Wilde said:

And defending’s pretty easy now because we got Tomas Kalas

Kalas

Tomas ******* Kalas

We knew He wasn’t leaving

There was nowhere else He’d go

Chelsea gave him reasons

But He didn’t wanna know

But after 9 years on loan, we just knew we had to signnnnnn Kalas

Kalas, Tomas effin Kalas.

4 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Surely something to the tune of ‘Heart of Glass’?

’Once I had a love and it wasn’t the Gas. Soon turned out, it was Tomas Kalas.’

I can see that one catching on away from home as I doubt we’ll ever hear it at AG.

You’ll never beat Tom Kalas, you’ll never beat Tom Kalas. Or...

Ooooohhh Nathan Baker’s magic, he wears a magic hat. If you throw a brick at him he’ll head the fecker back.

Tom Kalas is his partner & he would do the same and when we win promotion we’ll this song again.

Posted this previously... but here goes:

To the tune of the animals went in two by two/when johnny comes marching home.

He wanted to be a ciderhead-
Kalas! Kalas!
An easy choice for me he said-
Kalas! kalas!
Fed up with being a training cone,
He made Ashton Gate his home.
Tomas kalas! Citys twentytwo!

20 hours ago, Harry said:

Didn't know that - interesting. Works for them, some of their songs are excellent and i'm always amazed how quickly they're adopted by a large % of their support.

20 hours ago, Harry said:

That's also true. It's a shame because in comparison to lots of clubs at this level we've got some pretty unique songs and a distinct identity. More so than many similar sized clubs in my opinion.

Archived