IGNORED

Fully Fit Squad - Team and Formation??

brad blit

Now were 4 games into season and the transfer window is closed (for us anyway) I thought it would be interesting to see people’s thoughts on their favoured team if everyone was available. 

Bentley

Hunt          Taylor.           Kalas.          JD

Brownhill.  Naggy.   Massengo 

Palmer

Weimann.   Afobe 

Once coaches see we are regularly playing three at the back they will start to plan on exploiting the gaps in behind our WBs.

I think it may have caught teams out to an extent as LJ has consistently been a four man defence man in the past.

Will be interesting to see if we can make this formation work or have to go back to a flat back four.

I’m fairly confident LJ will change tactics and formation to fit the form and fitness of our boys, as well as adjusted to opponents’ tactics. I predict we’ll see a fair bit of both 3 and 4 at the back. That said, everything else aside, I agree with your team. Just Pereira for Hunt 

With a fully fit squad LJ has lots of options to decide on what formation he thinks will be the best choice against whoever the opposition are.

Personally I like three at the back so would opt for Moore,  Baker and Kalas with Dasilva and Pereira as wing backs.

In the middle - Brownhill, Nagy and Messengo.

Up top -  Afobe and Wiemann.

Unfortunately City don’t currently  have a fully fit squad...........:disapointed2se:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With a fully fit squad LJ has lots of options to decide on what formation he thinks will be the best choice against whoever the opposition are.

Personally I like three at the back so would opt for Moore,  Baker and Kalas with Dasilva and Pereira as wing backs.

In the middle - Brownhill, Nagy and Messengo.

Up top -  Afobe and Wiemann.

Unfortunately City don’t currently  have a fully fit squad...........:disapointed2se:

No Palmer? Wow. I think he has to play. 

45 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Now were 4 games into season and the transfer window is closed (for us anyway) I thought it would be interesting to see people’s thoughts on their favoured team if everyone was available. 

Bentley

Palmer

Weimann.   Afobe 

Should never be a fixed team or formation in modern football,

different opponents require different players and tactics,

the best team in the world Man City never play a fixed line up or tactic  

@Robbored and @RedDave I guess this is the beauty of Football an opinions.  

Assuming everyone is fit, the 5212 has rotational options in CM that we’ve not had for a long time.  With Smith’s injuries over the last few seasons, as fans we’ve worried about going into games without Pack and Brownhill.  I genuinely feel that with Nagy fit, most of us wouldn’t be worried about which 2 of JB, AN and HNM were picked.  Hopefully in the new year Korey will be back putting pressure on those 3 too.

Upfront it’s 2 from 4, with Weimann and Afobe currently first choice.  It wouldn’t surprise me if Semenyo gets off the bench before Diedhiou on Saturday.

In the 10, we have Palmer and Szmodics or even O’Dowda.

RWB - Pereira and Hunt

LWB - Dasilva and Rowe

Interesting that Wright’s QPR performance was again playing through injury, and looks like he made it worse.  Sometimes the head-coach needs to see through the Aussie character of ‘nothing hurts’ and tell him he’s not fit.

So I think we are looking good.

55 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Bentley

Palmer

Weimann.   Afobe 

Replace Hunt pls

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

Bentley

Palmer

Weimann.   Afobe 

Pereira for Hunt and that’s pretty tasty 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Should never be a fixed team or formation in modern football,

different opponents require different players and tactics,

the best team in the world Man City never play a fixed line up or tactic  

No of course the team/formation would generally change all the time, LJ is known to tinker when playing certain teams. Was merely asking what everyone’s preferred current 11 would be, fully aware that it’s a squad game and having a good 16/18 is more important long term 

Just now, otib118 said:

5-3-1-1

Afobe

Palmer

Massengo Nagy Brownhill

Dasilva Baker Kalas Moore Pereira 

Bentley

Maenpaa, Hunt, C’OD, Semenyo, Eliasson, Weimann, Diedhiou

Wiemann has to start IMHO, not sure who makes way but him and Afobe look like they've played together for a lot longer than a handful of games.

It's the form of the strikers that will inevitably see us progress this season or not, Wiemann & Afobe are imperative to our success.

Archived