IGNORED

RIP Junior Agogo

CyderInACan

Died today apparently - only 40. No age at all. Blimey. A name we'll all know from his time with the sags. Rest in Peace. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-junior-agogo-dead-former-18983886

Former Championship striker Junior Agogo has reportedly passed away, aged 40.

The Ghanaian striker suffered a stroke back in 2015 which left him debilitated just two years after retiring from playing.

According to a number of reports in Ghana, he passed away in London on Thursday morning.

Agogo was a star of the national team and the poster boy of the 2008 African Cup of Nations hosted in Ghana.

He scored 12 goals goals in 27 caps during the height of his career between 2006 and 2009.

Agogo enjoyed the best spell of his career with Nottingham Forest between 2006 and 2008, scoring 20 goals for the club.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

RIP Junior. Sounds like he really suffered with the stroke and then aphasia.

Given he had his longest spell at Rovers I'm surprised they've just tweeted about buying tickets for the Oxford game instead of paying tribute to him like his other former clubs have 

Yes - that struck me as a bit odd. Maybe they just hadn't heard yet. 

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

RIP Junior. Sounds like he really suffered with the stroke and then aphasia.

Given he had his longest spell at Rovers I'm surprised they've just tweeted about buying tickets for the Oxford game instead of paying tribute to him like his other former clubs have 

They will want to confirm it before officially announcing it. Believe it or not, alot of stuff online is false

Archived