IGNORED

RIP Junior Agogo

CyderInACan

R.I.P. Junior. You have to say the gas have turned up some great strikers over the years and he was one of them. Clearly remember Junior in a brilliant battle with Matt Heywood when we had a friendly against the gas at the Mem. Also saw him playing for Forest at an away game against us at. Very sad to lose someone at such an early age.

Agogo was reported as feeling abandoned by former clubs, his national team and friends in the game after his health took a turn of the worse.

There’s a cautionary tale in there. I hope we are doing more to reach out to former legends/players - we have been famously bad at this in the past.

It is shocking when you hear of players you have seen playing dying so young. Yes 40 is no age but I hope he had a life where he achieved what he wanted, to play football, and his family members can be comforted by that. RIP Junior.

Very sad news for someone just 40 years old.

We get caught up with all the football stories of wealth and greed but it sounds like Agogo died with relatively little to his name.

Like wider society, some do well and others less so.

RIP to a young man and an excellent footballer.

42 minutes ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

Agogo was reported as feeling abandoned by former clubs

Not totally convinced clubs should be held responsible for players afterwards, I know other industries wouldn't and think that would be unfair.

Agogo was a very good striker in his day, pace, power, great eye for a goal. 40 is so young, RIP Junior.

Archived