IGNORED

The returning player to get most stick on their return to AG?

cityexile

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Am I the only one amazed at the number if gasheads who apparently played for City that I was unaware of (Holloway for example) - or have I misunderstood the original post?

Yeah lots of ex players I can’t remember like Parkin, Cureton, Warnock, Johnson! They must’ve been so bad for us I’ve literally blocked them out. 

Most players come and go, after all it’s only a job. Would be utterly shameful if Pack, Reid, Flinty, Bryan etc get any shit given what they helped us achieve. Unless of course I’ve missed anything and they’ve disrespected us in the press or on social media. 

Top of my pretty short list of exes (football related) is that SYNT Pulis. You could tell he hated every second of his short tenure in BS3. I still wonder if it was a bad dream . . .  

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Am I the only one amazed at the number if gasheads who apparently played for City that I was unaware of (Holloway for example) - or have I misunderstood the original post?

Sorry you expected people to answer the question they were ask on OTIB? I think you're on the wrong forum?

We're just lucky it hasn't been turned into a pun fest. 

7 hours ago, BcFcOneLove said:

Didn't play for City, but Michael Chopra was our nemesis for a while. Got a lot of stick but always silenced us by scoring.

Although we had the last laugh when Gary Johnson stuck his foot out and tripped him up as he ran past the technical area! 

Not a returning player or manager. But Marlon King away at Coventry just after he was released from prison. Smashed them 4-0 and he got himself sent off.

"She said no Marlon, she said no."

"It's 4-0 Marlon, it's 4-0."

"You're a c*** Marlon, you're a c***."

Then after the red, the loudest rendition of "CHEERIO, CHEERIO, CHEERIO" I have ever heard.

15 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Not a returning player or manager. But Marlon King away at Coventry just after he was released from prison. Smashed them 4-0 and he got himself sent off.

"She said no Marlon, she said no."

"It's 4-0 Marlon, it's 4-0."

"You're a c*** Marlon, you're a c***."

Then after the red, the loudest rendition of "CHEERIO, CHEERIO, CHEERIO" I have ever heard.

He got a bit at AG too that same season IIRC.

Didn't get a red but I definitely remember the "She said no Marlon"- assume we're talking 2010/11?

Not an ex player but... The entire Swindon team when  we got them back to our place (after they'd celebrated 'winning the league ' at theirs), in our double winning season.

We smashed them 3-0 in a night game, and it was one of the few times since the 90s that I think the gate could've been considered a truly hostile environment. Their players just didn't ever look comfortable. Brilliant. 

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Greg Cunningham has had a few pelters with his antics for PNE at AG since he left.

He deserves all the stick he gets and more. Can’t stand the bloke, for some reason he really enjoys winning at Aston Gate and letting us all know. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He got a bit at AG too that same season IIRC.

Didn't get a red but I definitely remember the "She said no Marlon"- assume we're talking 2010/11?

Yep 2010/11. We won 4-1 not 4-0 I was wrong. He got the red for having a pop at Damion Stewart, must have been a bit wrong in the head to start something with him! Thought Stewart was gonna eat him.

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Yep 2010/11. We won 4-1 not 4-0 I was wrong. He got the red for having a pop at Damion Stewart, must have been a bit wrong in the head to start something with him! Thought Stewart was gonna eat him.

I was thinking he got some stick in the home game where we lost 2-1 but it certainly sounds like a lot more in our 4-1 win up there, when he got the red too!

16 hours ago, 22A said:

Bob Kellard? Said he wanted to be nearer his family home in Portsmouth, so took a transfer to Leicester.

Eventually he signed for Pompey and declared he looked forward to beating City.

I made a small fortune one night catching the coins being thrown every time he took a corner

23 minutes ago, swanker said:

He deserves all the stick he gets and more. Can’t stand the bloke, for some reason he really enjoys winning at Aston Gate and letting us all know. 

Agree. I quite liked him when he was here, but he’s acted like an absolute dick when he’s played against us since he left. 

15 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You’re referring to Adam Johnson. Was supposed to be the real deal at the time and got a lot from the home fans, especially after he gestured the Dolman and  Atyeo after scoring a penalty.

Remember this well as I was in Dolman lower.

After gloating, he went to take a throwing and backed out after a load of City fans ran down the front almost begging him to ‘come join us’. He went really quiet after that and ran straight down the tunnel at full time. Also remember someone shouting “I’m going to **** your mum” ? and “I’m going to follow you home and **** your wife”

Must say I remember the crowds being proper G’d up all season, more so than any season since. Was great to feel the stands shake when we scored and the noise we made really created a fortress feel during home games.

I remember when he scored the penalty and pointed to his name on his shirt - all of AG shouting "w4nker", my boy, 5years old at the time, stood up shouting wyker, wyker and then asked me what a wyker was. Oh, I dunno mate I said!

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

To turn this on it`s head who got the best reception on their return?

For me it used to be Glyn Riley when he came back with Aldershot but that was eclipsed by Wilbs`s return with Bolton when he came on as sub. I really have never seen anything like that before and doubt I will again.

Bob Taylor got a great reception when he came back with West Brom. As expected!

4 hours ago, Bristol_South_End said:

I remember Richard Foster getting a lot of abuse in our pre-season friendly vs Rangers when they'd just been demoted to the bottom of the Scottish leagues. He'd just joined them and was interviewed on his move, saying "I proved I could do it at Championship level".

No Ricky, Scottish Division 4 was definitely your level.

The man is delusional then. One of the worst signings I’ve seen. Out of his depth, as was the manager. COYR 

Archived