Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Cardy

We've Got Nagy!

Recommended Posts

What with the Hans song beginning to take off I think I've absolutely nailed this one tonight for one of our other imports....(Nagy pronounced Nahy). If he becomes the key player that that his initial performances have shown the potential for then it could be perfect. Looking forward to him getting back in the team so we can get this one going loud & proud. Yes I know it's the same tune as for McGinn & Alli but most chants are shared by different teams anyway.

We've got Nagy

Adam Nagy

I just don't think you understand

He comes from Hungary

Is better than Messi

We've got Adam Nagy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO !!!!!

That “just don’t not think you understand “ song is ******* shite.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

 

Is that the Hungarian version of when Harry Met Sally - when Hagi Met Nagy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO !!!!!

That “just don’t not think you understand “ song is ******* shite.

I don't there are enough likes for this.  That song boils my piss.  On every occasion I do ******* understand I just don't ******* agree!!

Edited by RedSkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBW said:

Naaj.

Correct.

Sounds very similar to n a d g e  but I got slated for spelling it phonetically.  Same thing happened with c o d g e r.

Too many self righteous types on here I reckon...............:disapointed2se:

  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No! Why copy generic shite chants sung by zillions of other clubs?! No! No! No!

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

What with the Hans song beginning to take off I think I've absolutely nailed this one tonight for one of our other imports....(Nagy pronounced Nahy). If he becomes the key player that that his initial performances have shown the potential for then it could be perfect. Looking forward to him getting back in the team so we can get this one going loud & proud. Yes I know it's the same tune as for McGinn & Alli but most chants are shared by different teams anyway.

We've got Nagy

Adam Nagy

I just don't think you understand

He comes from Hungary

Is better than Messi

We've got Adam Nagy!

You haven’t nailed it - unoriginal shite .... and you’ve got the pronunciation incorrect ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I was falling asleep it came to me. 

To the tune of sugar sugar - the Archie’s:

We’ve got Nagy

Do do do do do do

Ooooh Browny Browny

Do do do do do 

Han-Noah Massengoooooo

That’s our midfield trioooooo

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nagy...

 

Nagy...

 

 

Wink, Wink...

 

 

 

Know wot I mean guvnor

👍 

 

 

P. S. (ouch!.. someone's nobbled me  N a d .g e !)

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Na na na na na na na na na naj

Cider in a can

Hes hugariaaaaan

I'd get rid of the cider in a can bit and just go with the Hungarian bit instead.

Otherwise, I'm in on this one. 

Edited by TBW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The Sun Has Got His Hat On'

 

Naj is from Hun-gar-yy

Hip hip hip horay

Naj is from Hun-gar-yy 

And he's breaking up the play

Edited by Bainsey
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ThOmO said:

Simple one

Na na na - na na na - na na na - na na NAJ

We got Adam Naj

Adam Naj

Hes Hungarian 

I think a simple repeat of line two would do at the end, not sure there’s much need to arbitrarily mention is nationality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we not just go with:

"He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where,

Number 4, Number 4...."

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you people can't you see, can't you see,

Naj is our new DM from Hungary,

Every time we're down, he will make it right,

And that makes you Naaaaj-er than Naj.

 

'Larger than Life' - Backstreet Boys

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Can we not just go with:

"He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where,

Number 4, Number 4...."

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

 

If LJ calls him that... maybe that’s how it’s pronounced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Can we not just go with:

"He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where,

Number 4, Number 4...."

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

 

How is ‘number 4’ pronounced in Hungarian though?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Correct.

Sounds very similar to n a d g e  but I got slated for spelling it phonetically.  Same thing happened with c o d g e r.

Too many self righteous types on here I reckon...............:disapointed2se:

Carlsberg don't do irony, but if they did.........

37 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

 

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

 

Could have just been an informal reference to him....  Matty, Hunty, Wrighty, Naajy, Browny....Packy never took off though for some reason...........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cardy said:

What with the Hans song beginning to take off I think I've absolutely nailed this one tonight for one of our other imports....(Nagy pronounced Nahy). If he becomes the key player that that his initial performances have shown the potential for then it could be perfect. Looking forward to him getting back in the team so we can get this one going loud & proud. Yes I know it's the same tune as for McGinn & Alli but most chants are shared by different teams anyway.

We've got Nagy

Adam Nagy

I just don't think you understand

He comes from Hungary

Is better than Messi

We've got Adam Nagy!

🤦‍♂️ Thanks for the effort, but what is wrong with coming up with something more unique? It's either this tune, or 7 nation army, or pigbag.. over and over.

And no, I can't do any better myself 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thus is without doubt the lamest thread i have ever seen on here......completetly lacking imagination or originality

Edited by maxjak
  • Haha 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Can we not just go with:

"He's here, he's there, he's every ******* where,

Number 4, Number 4...."

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

 

 

52 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Could have just been an informal reference to him....  Matty, Hunty, Wrighty, Naajy, Browny....Packy never took off though for some reason...........

This, I expect our manager does know how it is pronounced and he has just called him by his "team name". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bainsey said:

All you people can't you see, can't you see,

Naj is our new DM from Hungary,

Every time we're down, he will make it right,

And that makes you Naaaaj-er than Naj.

 

'Larger than Life' - Backstreet Boys

Backstreet Boys? Really?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Cuts out all the worries about pronunciation. Even LJ called him Nagy (nagee) on Sky the other day which, probably unfairly, peed me off a lot! Surely the manager should be able to pronounce the players' names.

How do we know the correct pronunciation? I have heard 4 or 5 different versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Thatchers Gold - NAGY!

Think you’ll find that it’s NATCH they’re singing there mate. As in the brand of cider. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Thus is without doubt the lamest thread i have ever seen on here......completetly lacking imagination or originality

You must be new in these parts...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna try and save the OP on this one. Here goes....

 

We've got Nagy, WHO

Adam Nagy 

I just don't think you understand

He only cost 2 Mil

He's better than O'Neil

We got Adam Nagy  

 

There must be a filter on AN's surname but to be pronounce correctly with the silent Y. 

Edited by 97Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bainsey said:

'The Sun Has Got His Hat On'

 

Naj is from Hun-gar-yy

Hip hip hip horay

Naj is from Hun-gar-yy 

And he's breaking up the play

You need to enter that for next year’s Eurovision Song Contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Madness I tell you.

Adam Nagy is a Magyar

City's latest midfield star

Championship we'll set him on ya

All the way from Bologna

Look at all the miles he ran

Shoot and passes like Zidane.....

Feel free to add verses....

Edited by Curr Avon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost all faith in all songs when the Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes song wasn’t used for Massengo. 

Undoubtedly the best ever song suggestion. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I lost all faith in all songs when the Heads, Shoulders, Knees & Toes song wasn’t used for Massengo. 

Undoubtedly the best ever song suggestion. 

I brought it to OTIB.....but it wasn’t mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could do one for when Cardiff play to the old "you say tomato" song

 

You say nagy we say Nad ge

You say Warnock we say wa*nker

Nagy, Nad ge

Warnock, wa*nker

Let's call the whole thing off.

 

 

Edited by Crackers Corner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

We could do one for when Cardiff play to the old "you say tomato" song

 

You say nagy we say Nad ge

You say Warnock we say wa*nker

Nagy, Nad ge

Warnock, wa*nker

Let's call the whole thing off.

 

 

Haha !

Now, that’s more like it ! 👏

Edited by The Gasbuster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

We could do one for when Cardiff play to the old "you say tomato" song

 

You say nagy we say Nad ge

You say Warnock we say wa*nker

Nagy, Nad ge

Warnock, wa*nker

Let's call the whole thing off.

 

 

I can see it now, a sell out crowd singing this all wearing our £10 Massengo wigs. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...