IGNORED

Season Card Holder Seats

The Major

Just heard a good idea from Bob Mills on TalkSport.  Interested in others thoughts?

If as a SC holder you can't make a match (work, social, etc), at Arsenal you can go on line and the club will resale your seat and hold the money in your account to use for next season's SC or you can cash in.  What a great idea.  Much better than having empty seats in the stadium and certainly around by where I sit (W17) there are SC holders who I have never seen and I attend nearly all matches.

Thoughts?

That's good thought - although Arsenal's situation is fairly extreme when it comes to getting tickets. I met someone the other evening who is on the waiting list for an Arsenal season ticket - and has 70k people in front of them before they get a chance to buy one...

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

That's good thought - although Arsenal's situation is fairly extreme when it comes to getting tickets. I met someone the other evening who is on the waiting list for an Arsenal season ticket - and has 70k people in front of them before they get a chance to buy one...

Funnily enough i had this conversation with someone this week, he said the season ticket waiting time for Arsenal is about 10years at the moment.

I suggested something like this when Matt Parsons took up his previous post involving Supporters Liaison, he replied agreeing it was a good idea.

My suggestion was that if a season card holder couldn’t attend for any reason, this could be notified to the club who could re-sell the seat for the match, with the season card holder getting a nominal credit (which could be money).

This sort of initiative is more likely to happen when there are insufficient seats available. I’d be happy with this as if I can’t attend a match, someone else could do so - and importantly - the club would get extra money.

10 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I suggested something like this when Matt Parsons took up his previous post involving Supporters Liaison, he replied agreeing it was a good idea.

My suggestion was that if a season card holder couldn’t attend for any reason, this could be notified to the club who could re-sell the seat for the match, with the season card holder getting a nominal credit (which could be money).

This sort of initiative is more likely to happen when there are insufficient seats available. I’d be happy with this as if I can’t attend a match, someone else could do so - and importantly - the club would get extra money.

The club won't be able to get "full price" for themselves then though, so I just cannot see it happening whilst we do not sell out regularly. Granted some people won't want to pay the full price though for certain games.

• Admin

It could be worse !!

WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game — or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.

The Hornets claim fans — who could have shelled out more than £700 — have an obligation to inform them if they cannot turn up so they can resell the tickets.

But the punters will NOT get any of the money.

Watford made the threat to all season ticket holders early this month.

And one furious fan, who has followed the club for over 40 years, said: “If I miss games because I’m ill, or my kids are ill and I forget to tell the club, they have the right to take my season tickets away?

“That is ridiculous and bordering on intimidating.

“I’ve paid for tickets for years, plus spent money on merchandise, food, drink and programmes.

“Telling the club isn’t a priority — they’ve had my money for that match.”

Watford started their ‘Keep It Full’ scheme as they fear some fans will only turn up for games against the glamour sides.

A spokesman said: “If we work together the clause should be rendered irrelevant and we can all consider to have played a part in ensuring maximum backing for the boys.”

The Hornets will give the money from any ticket resales to the Watford Community Trust instead of refunding the owners.

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

It could be worse !!

WATFORD have warned season ticket holders they must tell them if they are not going to a game — or they could be STRIPPED of their seat.

The Hornets claim fans — who could have shelled out more than £700 — have an obligation to inform them if they cannot turn up so they can resell the tickets.

And one furious fan, who has followed the club for over 40 years, said: “If I miss games because I’m ill, or my kids are ill and I forget to tell the club, they have the right to take my season tickets away?

“I’ve paid for tickets for years, plus spent money on merchandise, food, drink and programmes.

Watford started their ‘Keep It Full’ scheme as they fear some fans will only turn up for games against the glamour sides.

A spokesman said: “If we work together the clause should be rendered irrelevant and we can all consider to have played a part in ensuring maximum backing for the boys.”

The Hornets will give the money from any ticket resales to the Watford Community Trust instead of refunding the owners.

Jesus ***** wept 

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

It could be worse !!

One for FSA Faircop I think- sure Watford fans, fans groups are on the case.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Unfortunately, until we sell out every week, there is going to be no motivation for the club to do this.

They would incur admin costs, and then possibly be unable to see other tickets at full price with them taking all the cash.

This. No point (from the club’s perspective) in reselling seats when there are still others on sale for pretty much every game. 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

It could be worse !!

Don’t Man Utd do something like... if season ticket holders don’t buy cup tickets, they lose their right to renew the following season..? 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

It could be worse !!

On a similar note I see Cardiff have revealed they will be checking away actual attendance to see if supporters who have bought tickets have actually attended 

For some reason some Cardiff fans have been buying away tickets with no intention of attending to increase their ‘away points’ to ensure tickets for the bigger games (I could understand when they were in Prem but ? In Championship)

First e-mail or letter from BCFC that follows the Watford line and they can stick their season ticket up their ass , for good

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Don’t Man Utd do something like... if season ticket holders don’t buy cup tickets, they lose their right to renew the following season..? 

They certainly did , not sure if they still do

I think it was worse than that - they charge you for the tickets as part of their t&c’s whether you like it or not 

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

It could be worse !!

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we did something similar if we get to the Prem. 

I must confess I`m seriously considering drawing my horns in a bit for night games this season. The 250 mile round trip and not getting home until 1am is starting to **** me up for the rest of the week these days. If City did something like this though I`d make bloody sure one of my mates who was going had my card and gave it to another City fan for nowt rather than comply with this big brother bollocks.

2 hours ago, The Major said:

Just heard a good idea from Bob Mills on TalkSport.  Interested in others thoughts?

If as a SC holder you can't make a match (work, social, etc), at Arsenal you can go on line and the club will resale your seat and hold the money in your account to use for next season's SC or you can cash in.  What a great idea.  Much better than having empty seats in the stadium and certainly around by where I sit (W17) there are SC holders who I have never seen and I attend nearly all matches.

Thoughts?

I wonder if Arsenal's scheme actually causes more problems for people on their waiting list?

No point giving-up/not-renewing a ticket as it will probably fund itself through resales.

3 hours ago, The Major said:

Thoughts?

Just give mine to a mate!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we did something similar if we get to the Prem. 

I get the point if it was a sellout they would want to get more people in, but this should be a CHOICE of the season ticket holder whether they tell the club they cannot attend and if they can sell it or not. I would rather give mine away to a friend or on here.

Wait for some poor Watford fan who has been rushed to Hospital and doesn't attend for a few weeks and when they get better and go to a game the club has already sold their seat. This would make headline news and would put the club in a very poor light, be nice to see the clubs representatives try and wriggle out of it when getting questioned though.

8 hours ago, The Major said:

Thoughts?

Username hostility beckons! Eh @Major Isewater?!?

I think all Prem clubs to it. Some have been for ages now.

I guess clubs will only do it if you're selling out most games. 

It would suit me as I miss some evening games and it's not easy getting my ticket to someone else, I can't see it happening until we go up though 

10 hours ago, The Major said:

Thoughts?

West Ham do the same and I think other clubs including some in the Championship have various schemes.

Archived