IGNORED

Summer Business

Dolman_Stand

Best Summer Signing  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn’t answer the original option for one player but I like the fact we have recruited ‘down the spine’ with apparent better quality in those recruited in those positions ( plus getting rock Kalas on a permanent)

Bentley > (Kalas) > Nagy> Afobe

Get the spine right and you’re into a good thing

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It doesn’t answer the original option for one player but I like the fact we have recruited ‘down the spine’ with apparent better quality in those recruited in those positions ( plus getting rock Kalas on a permanent)

Nor do we have to rely on flogging our 2 CMs to death.  We have some options.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I do hope when injured players return though Dave , that we don’t tinker too much 

I think the likes of Smith can come in, if needed without changing the way we play.  What we didn’t have last year was a Pack-clone.  We don’t need one.

Dasilva for Rowe.

Semenyo and Diedhiou for our front two.

We look ok 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with your point but would suggest Brownhill is part of the "spine" more so than Nagy at the moment.

It's also amazingly positive that our £8m centre back hasn't been mentioned in this thread as yet...

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Don't know how you can say Nagy or HNM after a couple of games. Kalas proved his worth last season. JD's long term injury has to count against him at this stage.

He certainly did , and did so in last two games and a great rock to build on and was my No 1 priority in summer

But then... you see the quality of Nagy and the effect already he has had on us , in a crucial position in Championship football.....

Yet....I’d almost punt on Afobe as I think a decent all round front man can be the vital focal point 

All three crucial , plus, what  I think what we have,  in a potentially top keeper

The best business was the £35m we collected for Kelly and Webster, without which we wouldn't have been able to sign  Kalas, Dasilva, Palmer, Massengo, Nagy, Rowe, Bentley  and Szmodics and loan Afobe and Perriera

Kasey Palmer not getting much love here so let me give him a shout. The creativity last year was arguably dreadful at times. Think he is making a massive difference to the attack. Giving players like Afobe and Weimann quality service but more importantly they know he can and will find them. I imagine Weimann is particularly happy with him as Palmer spots his clever runs often. 

It isn’t to say Massengo, Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva aren’t great because they are but two were here all last season and the other two look great in games 1-2-3. Need to see them on their 7th game in 20 days and how they cope with that. 

Went with LJ’s new contract. As I believe ( have done for a few years now), that stability is what we can build on. It’s what I also think new potential signings will like the look of & will sign for potentially. I Also think we will do well to keep hold of him, if we keep improving as we have.  Player wise it’s a complete toss up at this stage, as the potential is frightening I believe if it all clicks. COYR 

2 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Went with LJ’s new contract. As I believe ( have done for a few years now), that stability is what we can build on. It’s what I also think new potential signings will like the look of & will sign for potentially. I Also think we will do well to keep hold of him, if we keep improving as we have.  Player wise it’s a complete toss up at this stage, as the potential is frightening I believe if it all clicks. COYR 

I went the same, without him I think the whole business model of improving players significantly with a view to achieving promotion and / or selling them for huge profits falls down. So glad SL stuck with him when the pressure was near insurmountable as it is paying dividends now.

Archived