IGNORED

Ashton Gate Developments

DavidNoble

3 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Anyone know where we are with the further developments at the gate?

The swanky hotels and basketball arena etc that was announced a while back. 

Is that still happening?

Probably waiting to see what happens with the Fruit Market, after all, how would we be able to compete with their incredible plans. Yeah Right Smile GIF by bubly

27 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Is that still happening?

Put this way - there’s been no announcement that it’s not happening so it’s fair to assume that it will all go ahead.

There was a consultation event for local residents last December: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/residents-invited-see-100m-plans-2314359

There was a "Request for a Scoping Opinion" submission to Bristol City Council in April this year: https://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PPSKGHDN0DG00 but there hasn't yet been the all important application for planning permission. The submission includes the following details about the consultations to date...

2.14 The applicant held initial discussions with both BCC and NSC in August 2018 and formal preapplication meetings were held with NSC in November 2018 and with BCC in December 2018 and January 2019.

2.15 The scheme was presented to the Bristol Urban Design Forum on 26th February 2019.

2.16 Early public consultation commenced in December 2018, which to date has included a series of meetings with community representatives (including the Mayor and Ashton Vale Together), a resident’s drop-in session attended by 200 people, a newsletter distributed to residents in Southville and Bedminster, an article in the Long Ashton Parish Newsletter and engagement with the Bristol press.

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

Is that still happening?

I don’t think they’ve submitted the planning application yet. I’m wondering what’s happening with new the training ground, as the club got planning permission almost a year ago. 

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Will the consultation regarding redeveloping the Cumberland Basin road network have any impact?

I wonder if it has more to do with negotiating about the houses they want to build on part of the AV land - that in part will fund the rest 

30 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

But has a date been announced for when building work will commence? When it’ll be complete?

Fortunately our process is more professional than some and they will be looking to get all their ducks in a row, before saying anything more. Not just picking out “pie in the sky” dates to appease the gullible.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fortunately our process is more professional than some and they will be looking to get all their ducks in a row, before saying anything more. Not just picking out “pie in the sky” dates to appease the gullible.

Yeah but only after we got seriously burned at ashton vale! I think someone else said these things take time, especially with this council

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah but only after we got seriously burned at ashton vale! I think someone else said these things take time, especially with this council

Not at all. You can go from no funding to new stadium opened all within two years....Wally said so which makes it true, so there?

Mad isn't it.

The club announced their intentions about 12 months ago, and there hasn't really been any update since, but it sounds line Steve owns the land they want to build on, and we can assume that funding won't be a problem.

Meanwhile, Wally reckons the Fewers will be drinking fake Fanta in a new stadium on land they don't currently own within 2 years.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mad isn't it.

The club announced their intentions about 12 months ago, and there hasn't really been any update since, but it sounds line Steve owns the land they want to build on, and we can assume that funding won't be a problem.

Meanwhile, Wally reckons the Fewers will be drinking fake Fanta in a new stadium on land they don't currently own within 2 years.

The self proclaimed  “Gas Collective” are literally so gullible and just lap this stuff up without any question whatsoever. I cannot think of another set of supporters up and down the country that would do the same....so in one sense they are special.

Bear in mind the clock started ticking on this “two year” period over a month ago and they still don’t own the land.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

The self proclaimed  “Gas Collective” are literally so gullible and just lap this stuff up without any question whatsoever. I cannot think of another set of supporters up and down the country that would do the same....so in one sense they are special.

Bear in mind the clock started ticking on this “two year” period over a month ago and they still don’t own the land.

I actually visited their forum to read up about this, cause in theory it sounds like quite a cool location. However, most of them were fairly dismissive of this rubbish, theres not a lot of faith in wally having the ability to do pretty much anything.

Archived