IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 5

Septic Peg

We won the psychological battle . At one all Bowen and Krusty were very threatening without having and end product which is where their team mate stepped in .

After that their heads dropped and when we notched our third it was game over.

That was a top away performance where we refused to buckle even after having a stonewall penalty call turned down and losing our record signing to injury ( would the last uninjured centre back turn the light off on his way out please  ? )

This was a fantastic three points . Belief is growing.

A massive up to the lads and the Red Army , loud and proud .

Just to top a fantastic week , how did that lot down the road get on ?

:bounce:

Given the complaint that's often levelled at LJ, timing of subs today is interesting.

Kalas - obviously enforced sub due to injury, then two others at 66 and 75 mins (3 mins before we went 2-1 up)

All three made before Hull's first, their last two being on 87 and 88 minutes when the game was as good as over.

22 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There was a pinned thread with all the injuries, when they happened, how long out, estimated comeback dates etc.

Can't see it anywhere at the moment.

Anyone? @RedM ?

Yes there was for last season, i guess it got cleared away when someone had a tidy up when the season finished. I used to update it but found it hard when the club itself didn't have their injury list on the OS updated, it was more out of date than my efforts. Maybe it's something i could do again if people wanted?

Bentley 8
Pereira 5
Moore 8
Baker 7
Kalas 7
Rowe 7
Massengo 7
Brownhill 7
Weimann 7
Afobe 8
Diedhiou 6
Subs
Palmer 5
Hunt 7
Semenyo 6

Didnt think we were that good really but there were some standout performers today.  At 1-1 I would have taken a draw as we seemed so open. Bentley kept us in it and we then reaped the rewards

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

IMO this highlights just how important Weimann is for us. If not our MOST important player. Crucial to everything we do and encompasses everything we need 

Very happy that we are now using him properly, and by doing so we are seeing results

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I've got an apology to make.  Bentley.  Wasn't convinced after watching his first few games, but, he really did look good today.

Some cracking saves there. He's got very quick reactions hasn't he. I think we have two great keepers.

5 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I've got an apology to make.  Bentley.  Wasn't convinced after watching his first few games, but, he really did look good today.

He is one of the top keepers outside the PL when he is confident, and confident in his defence. I voted for him in the poll because he could well prove the best of a very good set of signings. Having a top keeper can make such a big difference to a team.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley 8
Pereira 5
Moore 8
Baker 7
Kalas 7
Rowe 7
Massengo 7
Brownhill 7
Weimann 7
Afobe 8
Diedhiou 6
Subs
Palmer 5
Hunt 7
Semenyo 6

Didnt think we were that good really but there were some standout performers today.  At 1-1 I would have taken a draw as we seemed so open. Bentley kept us in it and we then reaped the rewards

If we were 'not that good' today I will take that every match thanks.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley 8
Pereira 5
Moore 8
Baker 7
Kalas 7
Rowe 7
Massengo 7
Brownhill 7
Weimann 7
Afobe 8
Diedhiou 6
Subs
Palmer 5
Hunt 7
Semenyo 6

I personally would have marked Palmer higher than joint worst player

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes there was for last season, i guess it got cleared away when someone had a tidy up when the season finished. I used to update it but found it hard when the club itself didn't have their injury list on the OS updated, it was more out of date than my efforts. Maybe it's something i could do again if people wanted?

Lots of us helped to update the thread, and the reason we had it in the first place was because the club's own injury list was so poorly updated and injured players could become completely forgotten with no idea when they might return.

Yes, set up another one please M, unfortunately we need it more than ever! ?

16 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

In a nutshell.....an excellent result and a third straight win in a game that in large part was frustrating, neither team showed many moments of  real quality, the frustration was added to by lots of poor touches and poor decisions, particularly in the first half. If we had shown just a little more composure and control with the ball we would have won more comfortably.

Thought Taylor Moore, Jack Hunt, Andi Weimann and Daniel Bentley were our standout players. Don’t think that the combination of BA and FD worked (it’s early days) and of course it meant our midfield was always in danger of being outnumbered. 

Key moments were the ‘penalty’ that wasn’t given, the two excellent saves from Bentley at 0-0, the goal line clearance from Kalas, Fammy’s first half header which wasn’t over the line, weathering some Hull pressure at the start of the second half, Massengo’s through ball in the second half to AW, Jack Hunt’s contribution from the bench, both defensively and overlapping going forward, the brilliant travelling fans!

Hoping that Kalas hasn’t sustained a serious injury, although I fear it could be.

Delighted with the win although in the end it could have been a more comfortable afternoon if we’d shown more quality at crucial moments. Final word for Josh Brownhill who put n a solid captain’s performance. 

This skipper lark, piece of piss ain't it ?

Three good wins on the spin.

With all the injuries we've been having this has been a pleasant surprise,

Question is ... How long can the players keep going?

Some of them must be running on empty.

Any further injuries would be totally devastating.

Imagine what we could do if we had a run of good luck for a change.

Hats off to Lee Johnson and the lads.

Guuuuuyss, i was moving some furniture today and I had no time I even forgot about the game.

You can not belive how happy I am. My live score app poped up and I saw that we won it 3-1. Love you Afobe, love you Jonhshon. Let's just win as much as we can at home, last year at home was the problem.

We can do it, we can do it top 2, why to not do it..

Archived