IGNORED

Hull City v Bristol City Match Day 5

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I presume we were not all that and only won because Hull "gave" us s couple of goals?  :whistle:

We seems to be completely jinxed on the injury front, but as others have commented Williams' signing now looks inspired, although from his interview I would think he needs to get fully fit before he can be risked as a starter - we don't need any more players crocked. Given his ability to keep the ball out of the net, perhaps Famara might be a suitable stand in in the back 4!

With so many new signings in the summer, and change to playing style, I was expecting a slowish start to the season and a few restless natives, while the new players bedded in and gelled out on the pitch. Bearing in mind the additional upheaval as a result of losing players to injury, the way we've started is not only pleasantly surprising, it is also a reflection on our recruitment strategy, the quality of players we've bought in and the work LJ and his coaching team put in day to day.

I know there's a long way to go, but perhaps the sceptics can now see a degree of logic in the club's transfer philosophy and that selling your best players isn;t necessarily to the detriment of the team's progress and improvment.

Still wish we still had Webster........other than that and the injuries,  couldn't be happier with the way things are going

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d like to see @Mihai get over and if somebody could help out with putting him up would happily chip in a chunk for the flight

What is your nearest airport Mihai ?

Don’t mean to sound like a cheapscape but if it’s a promotion clenching game or play off final I’d happily chuck my few quid in!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thread is too long now to read it all, but wtf was the referee thinking when he turned down that first penalty.  I don't think I've ever seen one quite as clear as that.  Was I missing something?

I ran the line in an amateur game in the 80s and failed to flag for a pen to my team because it was such a blatant hand ball that I thought 'it must be me, there's no way he'd do that there'. Like my faux pas, I think it was just too clear cut and the ref thought he was seeing things :)

Thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I ran the line in an amateur game in the 80s and failed to flag for a pen to my team because it was such a blatant hand ball that I thought 'it must be me, there's no way he'd do that there'. Like my faux pas, I think it was just too clear cut and the ref thought he was seeing things :)

Thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

I wonder if we will get another apology from the FA or FL over this.  We certainly seem to be getting more than our fair share of myopic referees.

Some penalties are not 100% clear cut, so I can understand why the officials get them wrong.  I've never seen one quite as clear as that missed though and there can be no excuse for it.

Not sure if I'm correct on this, but wouldn't the extra goal put us into 3rd place rather than 4th or have Swansea scored more goals?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Still wish we still had Webster........other than that and the injuries,  couldn't be happier with the way things are going

If we still had Webster, would we have Kalas, Dasilva, Palmer, Szmodics, Bentley, Nagy and Massing?

We might have  had one or two from Kelly's fee, but with the level of our losses and ffp issues, we might not have , or only been able to afford one or two.

Fingers crossed, with the way Moore has started this season, wouldn't it be great to think we could all be asking "Adam who?" later this season.

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I wonder if we will get another apology from the FA or FL over this.  We certainly seem to be getting more than our fair share of myopic referees.

Some penalties are not 100% clear cut, so I can understand why the officials get them wrong.  I've never seen one quite as clear as that missed though and there can be no excuse for it.

Not sure if I'm correct on this, but wouldn't the extra goal put us into 3rd place rather than 4th or have Swansea scored more goals?

We'd be third - Swans have scored less goals. But if we'd have got that pen, it's another game one we probably would have won though! Contrast our game with teh Derby v WBA game. Ref was giving pens like they were going out of fashion. I couldn't see that any of them (3) were justified - and common consensus was that the last two definitely weren't.

3 hours ago, Mihai said:

Guuuuuyss, i was moving some furniture today and I had no time I even forgot about the game.

You can not belive how happy I am. My live score app poped up and I saw that we won it 3-1. Love you Afobe, love you Jonhshon. Let's just win as much as we can at home, last year at home was the problem.

We can do it, we can do it top 2, why to not do it..

Seems, from your spelling, that you've had too much alcoholic refreshment today?

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You appreciate Mihai is our loyal Romanian supporter do you CA ?

Yes, we get a fair few foreigners  joining in on OTIB..

Where IS BlueDred these days anyone? Gone off football altogether maybe?

Let's face it, Warnock would have that affect on me too

A bit less keen to come and chat is our BlueDred, shame really.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Lots of us helped to update the thread, and the reason we had it in the first place was because the club's own injury list was so poorly updated and injured players could become completely forgotten with no idea when they might return.

Yes, set up another one please M, unfortunately we need it more than ever! ?

Yes I will look at doing this again over the weekend.

Please don't think I was saying I did this all on my own, of course it was a forum effort.

Taylor Moore was a collosus today. Having lost Kalas he really stepped up to the mark, not just defensively but looked comfortable bringing the ball out of defence too. One raking pass to Afobe wide left was superb. My man of the match without a shadow of a doubt. Bentley, Weimann and Afobe also stood out amongst a team that battled to another well won win. Even Fammy put a decent shift in today, winning headers, actually linking well with Benik, and so unlucky with a thumping header that hit the underside of the bar before ricochetting off the keepers back and somehow staying out. 

We might be hurting with injuries but keep finding a way of winning. Middlesbrough next! 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Taylor Moore was a collosus today. Having lost Kalas he really stepped up to the mark, not just defensively but looked comfortable bringing the ball out of defence too. One raking pass to Afobe wide left was superb. My man of the match without a shadow of a doubt. Bentley, Weimann and Afobe also stood out amongst a team that battled to another well won win. Even Fammy put a decent shift in today, winning headers, actually linking well with Benik, and so unlucky with a thumping header that hit the underside of the bar before ricochetting off the keepers back and somehow staying out. 

We might be hurting with injuries but keep finding a way of winning. Middlesbrough next! 

Some lovely sprayed passes to Rowe too.  

0D5BBED2-9D5C-4A08-B65F-BF0EE1D9AA47.png

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

If we still had Webster, would we have Kalas, Dasilva, Palmer, Szmodics, Bentley, Nagy and Massing?

We might have  had one or two from Kelly's fee, but with the level of our losses and ffp issues, we might not have , or only been able to afford one or two.

Fingers crossed, with the way Moore has started this season, wouldn't it be great to think we could all be asking "Adam who?" later this season.

He's sat on the bench looking at are scores wishing he was still part of it I expect..... 

On 24/08/2019 at 22:30, cidered abroad said:

Seems, from your spelling, that you've had too much alcoholic refreshment today?

Sorry, I had no time to answer, a few hours after my message, I had a car accident, i was not the driver but my girlfriend is injured seriously, I am through hard times and your joke I don't find it appropriate cause I never drink since I was 20.

45 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Sorry, I had no time to answer, a few hours after my message, I had a car accident, i was not the driver but my girlfriend is injured seriously, I am through hard times and your joke I don't find it appropriate cause I never drink since I was 20.

Just stumbled across this post by chance, Mihai. 

What a terrible thing to have happened. I'm sure all City fans and OTIB members would want to send best wishes to you and especially your girlfriend for a full and speedy recovery from her injuries. 

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

Sending best wishes and positive thoughts for a speedy and full recovery Mihai. I really hope your girlfriend is OK

4 hours ago, Mihai said:

That’s awful Mihai 

Thoughts with you our loyal red,  and particularly your girlfriend

When you can,  please post,  and let us know any news 

Thanks everyone for the support.

I won't have that much time to come here on the website these days, cause I'm running to find some money for the surgery and for the doctors, in Romania is not like in the West, the damn coruption is killing me in every single action.

But I will find time to give you info about the recovery and I want to thank you again, I really appreciate this especially coming from maybe 3000 miles away, great community and good luck to our team too.

Mihai.

Archived