IGNORED

Stadium tours

Desso

Having been a supporter for 50 odd years and a season ticket holder for 40, I contacted the club to find out if I could have a stadium tour. Not too much to ask one might think but the answer was "despite numerous requests, we don't do stadium tours". Why not I wonder? Surely on quiet days it wouldn't do any harm to have a volunteer to show people around, a senior red perhaps. Maybe a lot of forum members have been around already but I'm sure most haven't. 

32 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Maybe the phantom slo can answer this ....?

Not on here though- would be willing to lay decent money that them joining this forum won't be happening in the near future.

Ironically, none other than Matt Parsons DID answer an enquiry on Twitter, ahead of our own SLO, from Friday despite the new SLO being tagged in it on Friday afternoon (Bank Holiday on Monday, granted).

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange stadium tours (limited numbers) on days like today when the under 23s are playing..  Could sell limited number of dual match/tour tickets .  

Would make for a decent afternoon out, increased interest/sales of u23 matchdays,  not too busy,  casual relaxed tour + a game.

The reason the don't do tours is they dont give a ?.  I've had a summer of cock up after cock up.  Still i await an explanation. 

Brought my boy down to the 23s, thought I'd take him in the coffee shop for a treat to be welcomed firstly by a member of staff push there way passed me and then to be audibly grunted at by the individual serving.

57 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange stadium tours (limited numbers) on days like today when the under 23s are playing..  Could sell limited number of dual match/tour tickets .  

Would make for a decent afternoon out, increased interest/sales of u23 matchdays,  not too busy,  casual relaxed tour + a game.

It’s an excellent idea. Other ‘bigger’ clubs do tours. I’ve had guided tours of both Bernabaeu and  the Camp Nue

No idea why the club don’t offer something similar.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Nothing of significance to put in it....... 

I've suspected you've lost your marbles a long time ago but this just confirms it.

Yes we have not had the most illustrious of history's but to call our history insignificant I actually find quite offensive.

We are where we are today, because of our history, it is our history and we should be proud of that. I absolutely love being a Bristol City fan because we have a real history, a history that I feel a part of, Bristol City runs through the blood in my family.

I have been through some extreme highs and lows with Bristol City but when but when we beat Man United and achieved other significant feats, having gone through the extreme lows, it made those times all the more enjoyable.

I remember where our club has come from, when we went to the Etihad in a major semi final, with that huge away support and went one nil up the pride I felt was immense. 

Your not a Liverpool fan by any chance are you?

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I've suspected you've lost your marbles a long time ago but this just confirms it.

Yes we have not had the most illustrious of history's but to call our history insignificant I actually find quite offensive.

We are where we are today, because of our history, it is our history and we should be proud of that. I absolutely love being a Bristol City fan because we have a real history, a history that I feel a part of, Bristol City runs through the blood in my family.

I have been through some extreme highs and lows with Bristol City but when but when we beat Man United and achieved other significant feats, having gone through the extreme lows, it made those times all the more enjoyable.

I remember where our club has come from, when we went to the Etihad in a major semi final, with that huge away support and went one nil up the pride I felt was immense. 

Your not a Liverpool fan by any chance are you?

Tell me what City have won that’s of any significance?

In over 50 years of following City I’ve witnessed various promotions and a few Micky Mouse cups - that’s it.

So what would you suggest City put in the museum?

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

PS … with Bristol City Women's games now taking place at The Gate these matchdays (like the U23 games) would provide opportunities to run occasional 'dual-ticket' Match + Stadium Tour Tickets. 

(would prove popular for school groups as well, with an eye on future supporters, get 'em early! ) 

In over 50 years of following City I’ve witnessed various promotions and a few Micky Mouse cups - that’s it.

Doesn’t have to be trophies or what you’ve won (That’s called a TROPHY ROOM)

‘museum’  - all sorts of memorabilia and items from years gone by, of interest  to others,  

You sound like every premier League fan that I've ever spoke to, by the way very few of them have ever stepped foot in to the stadium of the team they proclaim to support.

We all wish we were a top 4 premier League side, we all wish we had a bigger house or a better car etc but most of us are content with what we do have and the same goes for Bristol City. I celebrated our Mickey mouse cup wins and winning the league as if we had just won the Champions League because to us winning those things were a big deal.

Those promotions and Micky mouse cup wins were very important to me as that was what was on offer to our club. Would you have rather we not of won them? Your attitude is generally pretty baffling. Especially considering your previous role.

Do you have children? I hope to god they are all doctors or barristers etc? Or otherwise you'd not be proud of them and their achievements in life.

I would probably start at the beginning with memorabilia from the 1890's.

Possibily include Wedlocks caps and match details from his England games.

Significant events and the like, artifacts - like you would get in a museum.

etc etc etc

Trophies go in a trophy room not a museum.

Archived