IGNORED

Stadium tours

Desso

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Remember a guy called steve Webb use to take you round on match day experience what he didnt kniw about Bristol city wasnt worth knowing not sure what happened to him was great on our history.

Steve contracted Parkinson's unfortunately. I took over the tours when he was no longer well enough to do them.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

Tell me what City have won that’s of any significance?

In over 50 years of following City I’ve witnessed various promotions and a few Micky Mouse cups - that’s it.

So what would you suggest City put in the museum?

Old kits , photos , history of the club , famous victories with videos, hall of fame...

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Old kits , photos , history of the club , famous victories with videos, hall of fame...

Exactly. Even stuff like old tickets and signage people want to see judging by whats in the National Football Museum. History is not just about winning trophies and success @Robbored, if that was the case are you suggesting some clubs have no history and their past shouldn't be celebrated or remembered?

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. Even stuff like old tickets and signage people want to see judging by whats in the National Football Museum. History is not just about winning trophies and success @Robbored, if that was the case are you suggesting some clubs have no history and their past shouldn't be celebrated or remembered?

You’re quite right RedM.

I hadn’t thought it through properly.

Did'nt the club have one of the shirts and programs from our F.A.Cup Final appearance ? I'm sure there was also some things related to the time we just missed out on being league champions by finishing runners up the first time we were in the Top flight. I would have thought that was of great historical value. Perhaps if enough people don't think we should take an interest in our past,we should start emptying the Museums and knocking them down and build flats on them. History ? who needs it.  Ask the BURY supporters.

17 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Did'nt the club have one of the shirts and programs from our F.A.Cup Final appearance ? I'm sure there was also some things related to the time we just missed out on being league champions by finishing runners up the first time we were in the Top flight. I would have thought that was of great historical value. Perhaps if enough people don't think we should take an interest in our past,we should start

**emptying the Museums and knocking them down and build flats on them. History ? who needs it.  Ask the BURY supporters.

...in fairness fatchers, we do need more student accommodation in Bristol. ?

21 hours ago, Offside said:

Completely agree. That day at Wembley in 1986 was absolutely special - I’ve got very fond memories of it and the footage of Terry Cooper in tears still has me in tears as well. 

I was only a young 'un then, and remember going up on a hired double decker bus. Full of blokes smoking and drinking and I literally couldn't see through the smoke upstairs when I was going up with some cans for my dads mates, hitting a near standstill on the motorway and loads just getting off for a pee on the hard shoulder (I think that bit was that year). Great times, and would love to have photos of some of that day!

I very much like the idea of a museum.

We have a rich and interesting heritage.

If not...books wouldn't have been written about the Club's history.

The museum could show how we came about...showing each decade.

Memorabilia, shirts, programmes, notable players, managers and staff. Club supporter culture. Souvenirs...badges, scarves. Covering everything.

Having a Club archivist...someone like David Wood...would be an asset. Fans could celebrate being Bristol City, and kids could see our history.

The list is endless as to what could be added.

History gets lost in the midst of time and often altered. It would be nice to have everything archived in one place.

I’ve been fortunate to have seen the dressing rooms and other behind the scenes stuff and the facilities and quality of the rebuild amazed me. But yes it should be available for everyone to experience. I’m sure the demand is there and it would be easy money for the club to take. 

7 hours ago, RedM said:

I`m sure Bury fans aren`t only remembering the cups they won in the past tonight.

My company sponsored a game a while back and we got a tour of the stadium as part of that. We had a walk down the tunnel, went into the changing rooms and met LJ and a couple of the players who happened to be around at the time. 

It was all a bit rushed as it was on a match day but all of us, kids and adults alike, thoroughly enjoyed it. If they offered them to people for a decent price I’m certain there would be huge demand for them. 

23 hours ago, Dave L said:

Steve contracted Parkinson's unfortunately. I took over the tours when he was no longer well enough to do them.

I’m a family friend of Steve’s. Top bloke, absolutely loved city and one of the funniest guys you’d ever meet. Even after he fell ill, still went as much as possible and watched the game on TV in the old Williams bar. Wish I could say he’s still with us but he passed on late 2013. Remembered with a plaque on the Atyeo statue which I know means a lot to his family.

On a remarkable basis, for someone so mad about city, Steve’s wife of many years is a Rovers fan called Irene.

Archived