IGNORED

Taylor Moore A Rock Today!

REDOXO

I think quite a few fans pre-judged a lot of the young players we bought 2/3 seasons ago because they were sceptical about the club's strategy in buying players "for the future". Unfortunately high profile examples like Engval only reinforced those opinions, and I wonder if it meant that all of that type of player was tarred with the same brush.

It's one thing to scout a player like Nagy or Massengo and see the ability that is already being shown, but it must be a tough task to scout a young player, who is not the finished article, but to judge where you think they can be in a couple of years time, and what needs to be done to realise that potential i.e. loans.

At the moment TM looks like being worth £20m to the club, because he appears to have stepped into the shoes of the man he's replaced. If his progress continues it will more than justify, and over the costs,  of the policy of buying "ones for the future".

35 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As Above.

The boy is grabbing his chance and how!

Read nothing else, haven’t seen highlights but I’m so happy to see and hear this. There was a bit of stick for him after Leeds and I am so glad he’s performing and getting recognition

It might be too soon and it might be OTT for now but if we have a ready made replacement for Webster then that is great business by club

13 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think quite a few fans pre-judged a lot of the young players we bought 2/3 seasons ago because they were sceptical about the club's strategy in buying players "for the future". Unfortunately high profile examples like Engval only reinforced those opinions, and I wonder if it meant that all of that type of player was tarred with the same brush.

It's one thing to scout a player like Nagy or Massengo and see the ability that is already being shown, but it must be a tough task to scout a young player, who is not the finished article, but to judge where you think they can be in a couple of years time, and what needs to be done to realise that potential i.e. loans.

At the moment TM looks like being worth £20m to the club, because he appears to have stepped into the shoes of the man he's replaced. If his progress continues it will more than justify, and over the costs,  of the policy of buying "ones for the future".

That's exactly what happened.

16 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Exactly. It was a bit of a culture shock to some that we were dropping 7 figures on young players - when only 10 years ago these fees would've broken our transfer record. I think a few of our fans didn't realise how our club and football in general, particularly in a financial sense, had moved on. 

We hadn't really had a strategy like that before - buying young players with a view to them being first team players in 2/3 seasons. Previously, young players had either been academy products or Prem youngsters on loan. 

As you say - the Engvall situation reinforced the negative opinion on the strategy. Reality is that not every single one will work, just how it is. If we get more right than wrong, and ultimately turn a profit, it vindicates the strategy. 

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yep proving me wrong. Delighted he is as well. Hope he continues too.  

No need for name calling mate 

oh i think there is, you are and always have been a self righteous sniveling **** of the highest order who feels the need to go back and pick up on the littlest things to somehow make a point about something that is weirdly rattling around that cavernous skull of yours.

You are that annoying work colleague who snipes away in the background making digs.  You know the type, the one everyone in the office hates, but never tells them.

It's not often I attack a poster but you are possible the worst person I have ever witnessed posting on a forum, and there have been some belters in the past.

As i have pointed out several time in the past, those in glass houses should not cast stones..  And you, sonny Jim are the exact type of person that saying sums up

If I get a warning post or banned I don't really care years of watching your sniveling self righteous bile has popped out today.

Amen.

Better off your chest.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. It was a bit of a culture shock to some that we were dropping 7 figures on young players - when only 10 years ago these fees would've broken our transfer record. I think a few of our fans didn't realise how our club and football in general, particularly in a financial sense, had moved on. 

We hadn't really had a strategy like that before - buying young players with a view to them being first team players in 2/3 seasons. Previously, young players had either been academy products or Prem youngsters on loan. 

As you say - the Engvall situation reinforced the negative opinion on the strategy. Reality is that not every single one will work, just how it is. If we get more right than wrong, and ultimately turn a profit, it vindicates the strategy. 

I agree completely, however we have only just extended this kids contract so I'm not sure we actually knew how good he is/could be. We were out there looking for replacement for Webster and we saved ourselves 10m by default and a bit of luck I reckon. 

Either way. His contract will be getting a second extension if this carries on until Christmas that is for sure! 

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

oh i think there is, you are and always have been a self righteous sniveling **** of the highest order who feels the need to go back and pick up on the littlest things to somehow make a point about something that is weirdly rattling around that cavernous skull of yours.

You are that annoying work colleague who snipes away in the background making digs.  You know the type, the one everyone in the office hates, but never tells them.

It's not often I attack a poster but you are possible the worst person I have ever witnessed posting on a forum, and there have been some belters in the past.

As i have pointed out several time in the past, those in glass houses should not cast stones..  And you, sonny Jim are the exact type of person that saying sums up

If I get a warning post or banned I don't really care years of watching your sniveling self righteous bile has popped out today.

Amen.

Better off your chest.

Think you are getting me mixed up with someone else mate. 

21 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Read nothing else, haven’t seen highlights but I’m so happy to see and hear this. There was a bit of stick for him after Leeds and I am so glad he’s performing and getting recognition

It might be too soon and it might be OTT for now but if we have a ready made replacement for Webster then that is great business by club

Really???thought he was one of the better players versus Leeds. Good to see him grabbing his chance at the moment but you can guarantee when he makes a mistake that costs us a goal he will be ******* useless again

15 minutes ago, TRL said:

Amen.

Better off your chest.

Bit harsh.

Just now, TRL said:

but fair

Honestly don’t know what you are on about. Completely unnecessary post but it’s not surprising seeing what you have posted in the past. 

Shouldnt take it so seriously really.

Wont be reporting it though as don’t understand why anyone reports anything really. It’s just a forum. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Honestly don’t know what you are on about. Completely unnecessary post but it’s not surprising seeing what you have posted in the past. 

Wont be reporting it though as don’t understand why anyone reports anything really. It’s just a forum. 

How many warning points do you have Dave ?

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

If you you are not aware of your posting style then you are clearly oblivious to how you come Cossack.

I suggest you revisit your entire posting history.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How many warning points do you have Dave ?

Zero. You?

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

If you you are not aware of your posting style then you are clearly oblivious to how you come Cossack.

I suggest you revisit your entire posting history.

I suggest you look at yourself before criticising others. You can’t be aware of how you come across either. 

WOW. A Nice little thread about a player who we have brought through and has his latest great game for us hijacked by utter worthless tosh!

For the record I had TRL and RedDave on ignore years ago exactly for this reason. 

We all get upset about our team and show a bit of passion at times  but this is not that, its just a couple of blokes (I guess) giving it some while annoying other people and derailing a thread, that is as uncontroversial as it gets.

Please everyone stop quoting them then I don't have to read it or feel inclined to hit the 'read this post only' button! 

Archived