IGNORED

Taylor Moore A Rock Today!

REDOXO

Maybe I get Bob's sense of humour but WTF is the point of the childish bitching on this thread? We've just won 3 in a row with a brand new team but some posters, supposed fellow City fans, just want to point score! WT actual F? Grow up FFS and stop spoiling it for the rest of us! Take your personal shite to PM please.

BTW, I reckon, at 52 years of age,  I might have a bit of a man crush on Taylor Moore, he's ******' brilliant!! ;)

5 hours ago, chrisb said:

Southend fan here - so pleased to hear that Taylor is doing well .   He was great for us and seemed a really nice guy - his celebrations when we managed to stay up in the last few minutes of last season showed how much he cared for the team he is part of.    Hope that his (and your) good form continues.    With five defeats for us this season how I wish he was still with us.

Thank you Chris.

Unlike our crappy neighbours up the road, we always welcome visiting supporters.

While we cannot send the surprisingly and massively improved Taylor Moore back to Roots hall, your club obviously did a wonderful job with him and maybe we have other bright young things that would benefit from a mutually good loan? Aden Baldwin anyone?

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ooh I count my likes ? **** off 

put the posts up of people I’ve abused other than you and robbo, you can’t and you won’t. 

RedDave has noticed that ANY reaction pumps up his count.

Just don't react to any post and he will possibly stop being such a nauseating bell-end.

You are right though - I can see him in the office sulking as people 'not as clever as him' always get promoted instead.

Never gets invited to office drinks nights out - he wouldn't go anyway as they're not 'the right sort of people'.

1.jpg.43df0462b057ac7a9b7671a411f2d1c5.jpg

Always the victim with a chip on his shoulder the size of a semi-trailer.

I'm glad most of the forum finally see him for what he is.

Taylor Moore,Benik Afobe, Daniel Bentley.

Written off by some, now showing they can do the business - well done the 3 of you. You'd be invited out for drinks..........

If his progress continues, then our best transfer business of the summer will have been selling Webster.

£22m in the bank and Taylor Moor as a first test regular.

Kushti Rodders!

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. It was a bit of a culture shock to some that we were dropping 7 figures on young players - when only 10 years ago these fees would've broken our transfer record. I think a few of our fans didn't realise how our club and football in general, particularly in a financial sense, had moved on. 

We hadn't really had a strategy like that before - buying young players with a view to them being first team players in 2/3 seasons. Previously, young players had either been academy products or Prem youngsters on loan. 

As you say - the Engvall situation reinforced the negative opinion on the strategy. Reality is that not every single one will work, just how it is. If we get more right than wrong, and ultimately turn a profit, it vindicates the strategy. 

Exactly what I was going to post. Most of us didn't understand the way we were recruiting back even only a couple of years ago, it was so different from our norm. I think we now are thinking differently.

Yes there will be mistakes be we seem to be moving them on without losing money on the whole.

For the record I believed TM would be good having captained a youth England side, he must have something. If he stays he may captain us one day too

13 hours ago, TRL said:

oh i think there is, you are and always have been a self righteous sniveling **** of the highest order who feels the need to go back and pick up on the littlest things to somehow make a point about something that is weirdly rattling around that cavernous skull of yours.

You are that annoying work colleague who snipes away in the background making digs.  You know the type, the one everyone in the office hates, but never tells them.

It's not often I attack a poster but you are possible the worst person I have ever witnessed posting on a forum, and there have been some belters in the past.

As i have pointed out several time in the past, those in glass houses should not cast stones..  And you, sonny Jim are the exact type of person that saying sums up

If I get a warning post or banned I don't really care years of watching your sniveling self righteous bile has popped out today.

Amen.

Better off your chest.

.............and this is after three wins this week!!!!!!!

'kin good job we never lost yesterday.

You might have got really angry!

:dunno:

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly what I was going to post. Most of us didn't understand the way we were recruiting back even only a couple of years ago, it was so different from our norm. I think we now are thinking differently.

Yes there will be mistakes be we seem to be moving them on without losing money on the whole.

For the record I believed TM would be good having captained a youth England side, he must have something. If he stays he may captain us one day too

This. We have a fair number of fans (and I know a few personally) who still have the `old skool` mindset of assuming if we pay £500k - £1m for a player they ought to be good enough to just walk into the side. - that`s not a criticism BTW, it just takes them a while to get your head round the way things need to be done in modern football. I think one of the most difficult things for some to come to terms with is if one of these `costly` players doesn`t make it and is shipped out at a loss like Engvall whereas the club is basically playing percentages and some will succeed but others won`t. Fortunately as a club we can take the hit occasionally - it must annoy the management when it happens but it inevitably will given the strategy we`re using.

The game`s changed beyond all recognition and the plan we put into place three or four years ago was way ahead of it`s time and is now beginning to bear fruit. 

Long may it continue.

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This. We have a fair number of fans (and I know a few personally) who still have the `old skool` mindset of assuming if we pay £500k - £1m for a player they ought to be good enough to just walk into the side. - that`s not a criticism BTW, it just takes them a while to get your head round the way things need to be done in modern football. I think one of the most difficult things for some to come to terms with is if one of these `costly` players doesn`t make it and is shipped out at a loss like Engvall whereas the club is basically playing percentages and some will succeed but others won`t. Fortunately as a club we can take the hit occasionally - it must annoy the management when it happens but it inevitably will given the strategy we`re using.

The game`s changed beyond all recognition and the plan we put into place three or four years ago was way ahead of it`s time and is now beginning to bear fruit. 

Long may it continue.

At the time of Engvall , TM etc purchases RRH I thought we were spending money on , those signings rather than getting the first team stable and right first tbh (Remember we looked like we could slide back to L1 at points) and I still think our vision was ok but recruitment was somewhat flawed at that time and the balance regarding expenditure not quite right 

And the fees we paid for Engvall and Taylor Moore were big big fees for us at that time and large chunks of our budget

Due , to academy products and one big hit in £££ in Ádám Webster we have been left looking healthy having been able to invest in Clearly better quality 

Quite rightly , as it’s looking Taylor Moore , is being heralded as a success , and full justification of the strategy and recruitment of the time (And being naughty...but do you  think he would have come through here if Webster hadn’t gone or LJ had been able to get in a replacement for Webster !)

As I see it , we’ve mainly benefitted from Bryan , Reid and Flint .....been able to recruit more and in Webster , and now Nagy , DaSilva,Massengo,Palmer, etc players that ultimately will increase in assets in financial terms but also proves that if you recruit sensibly and invest in ‘on the up’ quality , you won’t go far wrong 

Im delighted to see TM come through , as much for himself and his own attitude and real balls to keep going , but I think it was the development and sale value of Reid Bryan and Flint that sees us in this current position , as opposed to a visionary transfer policy

I actually still think some of our recruiting has held us back at times , but the recent window is looking very good  with more hits and maybe some big ones

I think we are getting it right now , and are in a bit more of a ‘recruiting groove’ , with the odd little bump, and long may it continue

There is a good vibe around the club again 

All Just a personal opinion 

I think we didnt always get the recruitment right during Des Taylor chief scout era. But Taylor Moore could well turn out to be the one big success from abroad from that time. 

Seems like we have improved a lot now in our recruitment. And I don't think we will be bringing in many young punts anymore as we have so many quality ones coming through now.

Of course we will when we're short or a young cheap one is spotted who is too good not to go for. But they will just be small punts of so many hundred grand I expect, unlike signings like Engvall that was a pretty big gamble really.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Seems like we have improved a lot now in our recruitment. And I don't think we will be bringing in many young punts anymore as we have so many quality ones coming through now.

We've just brought in the biggest young punt so far in HNM. I doubt that he will be the last.

If we look like we could get mega money for him in a year or two I can see us trying to find a few more youngsters from top sides abroad.

TM and Engvall were our first step on this strategy. We stepped it up, bigger club, bigger fee with HNM. If that pays off I can see us trying to go bigger again. Makes perfect sense as long as we keep picking well and that's the hard bit.

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We've just brought in the biggest young punt so far in HNM. I doubt that he will be the last.

If we look like we could get mega money for him in a year or two I can see us trying to find a few more youngsters from top sides abroad.

TM and Engvall were our first step on this strategy. We stepped it up, bigger club, bigger fee with HNM. If that pays off I can see us trying to go bigger again. Makes perfect sense as long as we keep picking well and that's the hard bit.

I don't really see Massengo as a punt. He is already quality from what I've seen. I'm sure our recruitment team could see how good he is already and is for now as much as the future.

The likes of Moore and Engvall and Eliasson were all one, two or three years away from being ready, and in Engvalls case he never was.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't really see Massengo as a punt. He is already quality from what I've seen. I'm sure our recruitment team could see how good he is already and is for now as much as the future.

The likes of Moore and Engvall and Eliasson were all one, two or three years away from being ready, and in Engvalls case he never was.

I guess the punt is as much about how they adapt to football in this country and how they settle here, it’s not purely about ability. Engvall certainly had more ability than he was able to show I would think, he just never settled here or into the English game. 

Yes Massengo will be attracting attention if he isn’t already. Premier clubs will let us take the punt, knowing by the time they might reward us financially we will have discovered if he can settle here or not. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess the punt is as much about how they adapt to football in this country and how they settle here, it’s not purely about ability. Engvall certainly had more ability than he was able to show I would think, he just never settled here or into the English game. 

Yes Massengo will be attracting attention if he isn’t already. Premier clubs will let us take the punt, knowing by the time they might reward us financially we will have discovered if he can settle here or not. 

I'm not sure Engvall's ability would ever be championship level though. Doesn't sound like he's great at not a great standard at the moment. Not really sure of that standard to be fair, but it wouldn't be championship level surely. Still only 23 though I guess.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm not sure Engvall's ability would ever be championship level though. Doesn't sound like he's great at not a great standard at the moment. Not really sure of that standard to be fair, but it wouldn't be championship level surely. Still only 23 though I guess.

I didn’t see it either, but I’m thinking along the lines that our scouts, Lee Johnson and anyone else who knows their stuff saw something in him. Something enough to bring him here. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We can't tell for definite either way - we didn't get to see enough of him to say for certain. Sometimes it just goes wrong and that's all there is too it - he may well have had the ability. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We can't tell for definite either way - we didn't get to see enough of him to say for certain. Sometimes it just goes wrong and that's all there is too it - he may well have had the ability. 

Well LJ didn't seem to rate him highly enough to play him or keep him, so i assume he didn't rate him. Bit like Eisa, though we did somehow make money on him. Engvall was an unsuccessful punt, but they're always going to happen. Moore and Eliasson successful ones.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well LJ didn't seem to rate him highly enough to play him or keep him, so i assume he didn't rate him. Bit like Eisa, though we did somehow make money on him. Engvall was an unsuccessful punt, but they're always going to happen. Moore and Eliasson successful ones.

Yeah, so what I'm saying is - he may have had the ability, we didn't get enough opportunity to see. But having ability alone doesn't mean you're ready for Championship football - maybe his mentality wasn't right, maybe he didn't like it here, maybe he wasn't fit enough - we don't get to see that. 

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

And Massengo only £2.5m.  I am so pleased the “YouTube” clips of him in Champions League action have showed up in a few games here.  I doubt LJ wanted to throw him in quite so quickly, but it shows trust that he did, when Nagy got injured.

We forget Magnússon too, he made us a small profit, you could argue partly because of inflated market.

I said in another thread that “rinse and repeat”, only works if you buy more than one player with the proceeds.  Webster has enabled us to get Pereira, Nagy, Massengo and Afobe (and Ashley Williams from a bit of contingency).

What we need now is LJ to keep us progressing...and stay here, so we reap consistency.  LJ isn’t perfect, but there ain’t any / many I’d trust in his shoes at this point in time.

Taylor Moore is beating expectations this season, fair play to him and long may he keep developing.  I do think we were a little fortunate against Hull though - they had the chances to score four or five - so there's plenty of work still to do in defence and in midfield, even more so now Kalas is out for a period.  Keep it up!

It’s too much early to be certain that this will all work out, but I said at the time of the Webster sale that I thought Moore would be his replacement. He just seemed to have filled out, grown up, now had 100+ games under his belt and displayed leadership qualities. 

The thing that most impressed me outside of all that was when LJ said that TM had taken a pay cut previously - just speaks volumes about a person who wants to be a footballer rather than a “footballer”...

I do think we have looked more solid with 3 CBs and it seems to work well for TM.

Does anyone know if Pereira has played CB before? If Williams isn't ready for next Saturday maybe this would be an option that allows us to keep two up front. 

Would be a shame if we had to go back to one up front due to a lack of cover at CB.

14 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Taylor Moore is beating expectations this season, fair play to him and long may he keep developing.  I do think we were a little fortunate against Hull though - they had the chances to score four or five - so there's plenty of work still to do in defence and in midfield, even more so now Kalas is out for a period.  Keep it up!

They did have chances, but we should’ve had a penalty, and Fam’s header could’ve put us out of reach.  I always thought we had chances in us yesterday.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

They did have chances, but we should’ve had a penalty, and Fam’s header could’ve put us out of reach.  I always thought we had chances in us yesterday.

Yes, don't disagree, just commenting on the defensive performance which I think was a little more lucky than people are crediting.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

Yes, don't disagree, just commenting on the defensive performance which I think was a little more lucky than people are crediting.

Yeah agree, both sides allowed it to be open.  We saw from the review of their tactics v Blackburn that the two wide guys don’t defend, so they are always gonna be in games with goals.

37 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Moore had a great game and he really looks up for it this season, grabbing his chance with both hands.

Hull did have the better chances and we benefited from an own goal.

In such an open game, chances are bound to occur.

Eaves should have scored when one on one but took a touch to put the ball on his right foot. If he hit it with his left first time, its a goal - poor finishing coupled with a good block by Bentley. The clearance on the line by Kalas was brilliant but a few inches either side and its a goal, we were fortunate that it was straight at him. The other chances in the first half weren't as clear cut imo and Bentley did what he's paid to do. Second half the chances dried up for them apart from a free header at the back post which should have been a goal and an attempt that shaved the outside of the post but Bentley may (?) have had it covered if on target. Thats all I recall but there may have been more ?

Temper that with the blatant penalty not given when Afobe was rugby tackled and Diedhiou heading against the underside of the bar and we may have had four or five. 

Fortunate ? Maybe, but fortune favours the brave and the team put in a very gutsy performance.

As you say, there's a lot still to be done to keep pace with the top six and I hope Kalas isn't as bad as it looked and that Nagy isn't out for much longer. After losing Smith, Wright, and Dasilva for months, losing those two as well would be a massive hit.

Archived