IGNORED

Standard of officiating

Lez

Hi all, I appreciate this is going to be negative but I am really concerned about the officiating in this league.

The game earlier between derby and west Brom saw a handball penalty. It was right in front of the linesman.....it wasnt a penalty it was a horrible decision.....there was no justification for the penalty and even less justification for the linesman pointing to a part of the arm the ball was nowhere near.....what happened at the end? West Brom get a penalty for a horrendous dive to even things up.....

It is also worth noting that the missed penalty by derby was saved by a keeper well off his line. Same lino. Didnt give it......Today that foul on afobe was one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen.....how a ref cant give that is inexcusable.

I can understand 50/50 decision going either way, but some of these decisions are inexcusable and I'm sorry but refs need to be held accountable.

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Hi all, I appreciate this is going to be negative but I am really concerned about the officiating in this league.

The game earlier between derby and west Brom saw a handball penalty. It was right in front of the linesman.....it wasnt a penalty it was a horrible decision.....there was no justification for the penalty and even less justification for the linesman pointing to a part of the arm the ball was nowhere near.....what happened at the end? West Brom get a penalty for a horrendous dive to even things up.....

It is also worth noting that the missed penalty by derby was saved by a keeper well off his line. Same lino. Didnt give it......Today that foul on afobe was one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen.....how a ref cant give that is inexcusable.

I can understand 50/50 decision going either way, but some of these decisions are inexcusable and I'm sorry but refs need to be held accountable.

I'll settle for them paying for the filing cabinet to store all the letters of apology we get for inept decisions. Another is already in the post I expect.

I have NEVER seen anything quite like it!. Afobe was going by him the defender grabbed him at the knee. it was hand to knee A RUGBY tackle. 

I think the ref was so shocked he couldn't quite believe what he just saw. But I did think he would give us one to even it up and he did. The fact we won brushed over the moment, but the referees assessor wont. 

Bloody Hell!  

29 minutes ago, Lez said:

I’ve said it before, there is nothing to stop you or anyone else from becoming a referee and trying to progress up the leagues. 

These blokes are you and me to start with, yes, they make mistakes, the same as players do. The most important thing to realise from a referee’s point of view is exactly that, the view, they get a split second to make a decision from the angle/view they get, which is a complete different view than the majority of the crowd get. 

I will always stand up for the officials, it’s the hardest job in football by a long way, no referee’s = no game. 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’ve said it before, there is nothing to stop you or anyone else from becoming a referee and trying to progress up the leagues. 

These blokes are you and me to start with, yes, they make mistakes, the same as players do. The most important thing to realise from a referee’s point of view is exactly that, the view, they get a split second to make a decision from the angle/view they get, which is a complete different view than the majority of the crowd get. 

I will always stand up for the officials, it’s the hardest job in football by a long way, no referee’s = no game. 

Sorry I am a qualified ref. And I have worked my way up the leagues both in West London and in Bristol.

And the key point being "trying" you know I'm sure that there are a shortage of refs yet when it comes to the higher levels it is an old boys club.

And as for your support of officials, great , but the pen today and the handball earlier were inexcusable decisions and I hope the refs get dropped for a few weeks.

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I don’t think anyone will disagree with the point your making but refs should still be made accountable for shocking decisions as any other person would if they made a total cock up in their job. 

The introduction of VAR in the Prem means additional referees are required to man the screens. Is this causing a ripple effect where the best of the rest are being taken from the Championship refereeing pool? We certainly seem so be witnessing some especially poor refereeing decisions in the Championship this season - the failure to award a pen for the foul on Afobe today was incredible.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Sorry I am a qualified ref. And I have worked my way up the leagues both in West London and in Bristol.

And the key point being "trying" you know I'm sure that there are a shortage of refs yet when it comes to the higher levels it is an old boys club.

And as for your support of officials, great , but the pen today and the handball earlier were inexcusable decisions and I hope the refs get dropped for a few weeks.

When I worked at Lloyds, we had a National Cup comp, which we won twice in succession, once at Roots Hall, the other at The Bescot.  In the second one we were all in the bar late into the evening, when the “committee” were discussing one of the officials, and were all taking the Mickey because he supposedly gave a throw-in with the flag in his wrong hand.  Never seen anything like it, they really mocked him.  Embarrassing.  I know where I'd have put the flag, wrong hand or not!

1 hour ago, Lez said:

They are. 

Archived