IGNORED

Dan Bentley - post match presser

Davefevs

LJ signings have a theme*.  Basically, Johnson seems to like "intelligent" players.  I've been amazed with the statements of some of our recent signings (Nagy etc.).  They really seem like half decent people with an ounce of sense.

This interview reinforces that for Bentley.  He is even using Johnson-type sayings like "game management".  I appreciate that is a common football saying but I can't remember one of our players using it before.

*Tomlin is an honourable exception but at least he's found his mental level now.

Reserved judgement initially having made some worrying errors, although always thought he was superb in his early career.

Absolutely delighted with his form now. Has every attribute of a top, top class keeper.

Made numerous goal-savers of the highest order in the last week - more than just the routine ones expected of a Championship keeper. Excellent and, has the potential to be the best we’ve ever had. 

Shame we didn't buy him from Southend when we had a chance.
Seems another (like Afobe) that has struggled with a lack , or loss , of confidence. First few games he's had his moments, but each save seems ( like BF's goals) to bring him on another step . We have lacked a presence in the box for a while, about now the £4m seems money well spent.

Seems like a top bloke

Was gutted when we didn't sign him from Southend, was chuffed with his arriving this summer

So much talk about 'the heart' being ripped out of the changing room with only Korey remaining from the promotion team, but I'm liking the look, style and talk from this new group

We've moved on, and it's looking pretty good so far

Archived