IGNORED

Two-goal Tammy

reddogkev

Pleased to see Tammy notch his first Premier League goals for Chelsea today.  Despite the fact his loan was 2 or 3 years ago now, I'm sure we'll always have him in our hearts.

With Frank's faith in Tammy, I'd expect him to get over double figures this season, and push for at least 15+.  Hope he does, really love his infectious smile and boyish exuberance.

I can only dream, but hope sometime in the distant future, he finds himself at Ashton Gate on a permanent contract.

Will he be in the England squad next week?

i reckon the lad if regularly picked will get close if not 20+ even in the prem for a team like Chelsea

He has been a little unlucky to date, hitting the post and other chances deflected  here is hoping after the 2 today the luck has changed.  And fingers crossed he hasn't let the morons on twitter get him down

Time to shine Tammy while there are no in-comings

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

i reckon the lad if regularly picked will get close if not 20+ even in the prem for a team like Chelsea

He has been a little unlucky to date, hitting the post and other chances deflected  here is hoping after the 2 today the luck has changed.  And fingers crossed he hasn't let the morons on twitter get him down

Time to shine Tammy while there are no in-comings

Luckily, from hearing his interview during the week, he doesn't let the sad, no-life Twitter trolls get him down, I don't think he even pays them any attention.

His sublime shot against Man U in their 4-0 loss was so sweetly hit, I still have no idea how it didn't hit the inside of the net.  That was an exquisite, high-quality miss, indeed!

I agree that if things go his way this season, he could get close to 20, but that will be one hell of a tall order and incredible if achieved.

Perhaps, Teemu Pukki will also do the same!

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Luckily, from hearing his interview during the week, he doesn't let the sad, no-life Twitter trolls get him down, I don't think he even pays them any attention.

His sublime shot against Man U in their 4-0 loss was so sweetly hit, I still have no idea how it didn't hit the inside of the net.  That was an exquisite, high-quality miss, indeed!

I agree that if things go his way this season, he could get close to 20, but that will be one hell of a tall order and incredible if achieved.

Perhaps, Teemu Pukki will also do the same!

I think Tammy could get there, as much as Chelsea are not quite what they once were (that may change once they can buy again) they should have enough for top 5 so I would hope the chances created for him will get him close.  Anyway fingers crossed he makes it.  the guy is a finisher, I am not sure he has the attributes to be what I would deem as world class, but he  should be a very good premiership finisher.  he makes good space for himself, and does it naturally, you cant teach that.

If Pukki does it Norwich will have had one hell of a season.  fair play if he does, although he has a good record he has never really impressed me greatly... but then again he could be like the Goat, put on this planet to score goals with or without technique.. just a natural

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Pleased to see Tammy notch his first Premier League goals for Chelsea today.  Despite the fact his loan was 2 or 3 years ago now, I'm sure we'll always have him in our hearts.

With Frank's faith in Tammy, I'd expect him to get over double figures this season, and push for at least 15+.  Hope he does, really love his infectious smile and boyish exuberance.

I can only dream, but hope sometime in the distant future, he finds himself at Ashton Gate on a permanent contract.

Will he be in the England squad next week?

We will all have a soft spot for him but hopefully all the threads will stop now,thread for he starts for Chelsea tother week and today because he scored,it’s becoming ridiculous 

9 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I seen his second goal v Norwich and he struck it from outside the penalty area. I believe that is the first senior goal in his career that hasn't been scored from inside the box.

Yes i waa shocked too , wouldn't be suprised if this was Lampards advice seeing how many he scored outside the box 

Great to see him getting his chance at Chelsea. In terms of his desire, quality and attitude he was the best young player I've ever seen in a City shirt, and I've been watching them since the early 70's.

I know his hands are tied - but its also refreshing to see the youngsters getting their chance at Chelsea this season. Now come on Tammy - keep it going and make that England number 9 shirt yours !

19 hours ago, INB Red said:

Natural goalscorer and like a commentator said of Pukki earlier today “the goal is the same at every level”. 

Proud of him even if we did have him only the one season.

That really is a stupid comment because although the goal is the same at every level the opponents certainly aren’t.

I think there will always be a bit of Tammy with us, and us with him. A lovely young man inside and out who deserves to do well and I am delighted he is getting his chance and rewards now.

By coming to us on loan he dropped down to play at a lower level to get experience and games, no different to us sending out our players on loan. Taylor Moore did much the same as Tammy for example and now finds himself in our first team, just shows what a bit of hard work and taking the opportunities presented to you can do at all levels.

On 24/08/2019 at 22:31, joe jordans teeth said:

We will all have a soft spot for him but hopefully all the threads will stop now,thread for he starts for Chelsea tother week and today because he scored,it’s becoming ridiculous 

I agree - there’s no threads for Matt Smith’s progress as a footballer and boy did he make an impact on loan! We were a stepping stone for Tammy, yep he probably regards our club with great affection but let’s not go over the top - he doesn’t play for us anymore, he’s gone, he’s moved on, he’ll never play for us again - we need to get over it and stop fawning all over him ... he is a fantastic guy who once played for City for a while - we’ve had zillions of those, don’t need updates on all of them after they’ve scarpered ...

I think Tammy will need to get 20+ goals, and/or Chelsea will need to get top four for him to be anywhere near the club next season.

It's a great opportunity, but I think Chelsea are more interested in Mason Mount as a long-term prospect than Tammy, and although there's plenty of time for Tammy to win over Stamford Bridge, I would be surprised if he was in a Chelsea shirt next season.

I reckon he'll be in a Leeds or Fulham shirt next season, assuming they get promoted.

Archived