IGNORED

We've had everyone else...

AppyDAZE

So here's to you Gaffer on this excellent and exciting start to the season

and to the other coaches and staff for all the good work being done at BCFC

You know we're doing well when all the OTIB arguments have nothing to do with what's going on on the pitch

Cheers, LJ  :clapping::clapping::clapping:you're a top bloke.

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

To think that some people previously doubted LJ's abil.....Joking!!

It wasn’t a joke at the time with various posters threatening to boycott matches if SL failed to sack LJ -  predictable empty threats as it turns out.

I remember saying exactly  that at the time  and got slagged off for it................:dunno:

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t a joke at the time with various posters threatening to boycott matches if SL failed to sack LJ -  predictable empty threats as it turns out.

I remember saying exactly  that at the time  and got slagged off for it................:dunno:

I refer back to line 3 in my OP

This is an argument free zone, Robbo. NO arguing, only praise for LJ here please.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

More or less empty than Gary Johnson being a conference manager, Mr Sage?

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I refer back to line 3 in my OP

This is an argument free zone, Robbo. NO arguing, only praise for LJ here please.

I’ve had a problem with LJ only once when I got frustrated when City were losing 0-2 against Fulham and were so dreadful  I actually felt angry and had been over the dugout side  he’d have got both barrels of verbals.......

That said I could see what he was trying to do all along and now we’re seeing the benefit of SL not sacking him back then.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve had a problem with LJ only once when I got frustrated when City were losing 0-2 against Fulham and were so dreadful  I actually felt angry and had been over the dugout side  he’d have got both barrels of verbals.......

That said I could see what he was trying to do all along and now we’re seeing the benefit of SL not sacking him back then.

For me it was the 5-0 at PNE and around that period. Overall, it has proven to be right to stick with him.. we are clearly going forward bit by bit and LJ, knowing the club as he does, is the right man for the job .... but this is football who knows what's up ahead in this crazy game?

For now, I have a huge amount of time for the guy and what he is doing here. I totally applaud LJ's efforts so far

13 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

For me it was the 5-0 at PNE and around that period. Overall, it has proven to be right to stick with him.. we are clearly going forward bit by bit and LJ, knowing the club as he does, is the right man for the job .... but this is football who knows what's up ahead in this crazy game?

For now, I have a huge amount of time for the guy and what he is doing here. I totally applaud LJ's efforts so far

I think it was after that result there was a poll on here with hundreds of votes that had something like 95% saying time for him to go. I was one of them, although was just about backing him until that point but just could not see it working out.

I wonder how close SL got? I can remember when we stopped that run of defeats (2-2 v Sheff Wed?) thinking, what we didn’t lose? What just about saved him I think is we had picked up a fair few points before that run, so although we got very close to the bottom three, or maybe just slipped in it, we still had time to turn it around. Thankfully he did,

31 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Preston was the only time I've wobbled about LJ too

He's passionate about City, that much is plain to see. I want him to succeed here so badly, because at some point this bloke is hiring the jackpot. May as well be with us, at 'his' club, my club and your club

The man is a winner

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Remember the white sheet banner hung up near the Gate? I wonder if the artists of that are enjoying the season so far?

You've only got to listen to every interview by a player who joins, to realise how good a man manager and Coach LJ is.

This Club has never been so strong throughout.

How many times do you hear how eloquent a player is when interviewed?

That's not by chance.

This Club wants intelligent footballers, that understand modern coaching and have family values.

It has SL's stamp all over it.

Driven, hard working professionals, humble...and with values.

DNA is massive at this Club now...look around and you'll see and hear it.

LJ was chosen to dictate these values... it's unusual in many respects, but being admired more every season.

I have got to salute Taylor Moore as he has worked his ass off away from the club to get better. 

At the time it was a big fee for an England U19 Captain! He work rate away from the club as got him to where he is today. He could have sat on the bench at the club but instead wanted to go out on load to improve himself. Through his his hard work the club will get his money back and if he continues make a large profit 

Well done!!

56 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I think it was after that result there was a poll on here with hundreds of votes that had something like 95% saying time for him to go. I was one of them, although was just about backing him until that point but just could not see it working out.

I wonder how close SL got? I can remember when we stopped that run of defeats (2-2 v Sheff Wed?) thinking, what we didn’t lose? What just about saved him I think is we had picked up a fair few points before that run, so although we got very close to the bottom three, or maybe just slipped in it, we still had time to turn it around. Thankfully he did,

There was an interview with SL at the end of that season where he admitted that they did seriously consider it at one point, and had told LJ so at the time. I think it came after the draw with Burton (with Tomlin's penalty), which was followed by Pemberton leaving a few days later. We then nicked a late winner at Wigan who were also struggling and ended up going down themselves. Had we lost the Wigan game, then I think that would have been the end.

Find it hard to fault LJ at the moment, lots of new faces and a mounting injury list and 3 in a row.

Backroom needs to have some cages rattled, fitness and strength not quite adding up, sport science is missing something!

Exciting times, Leeds debacle will fade, but that one was on LJ’s head! Never been a fan but things are looking good, teams will fear us if we can keep it up!  This could be our year!

COYR

Archived