IGNORED

We've had everyone else...

AppyDAZE

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t a joke at the time with various posters threatening to boycott matches if SL failed to sack LJ -  predictable empty threats as it turns out.

I remember saying exactly  that at the time  and got slagged off for it................:dunno:

Well done. ?

I think it was @Thatch35‘s booing that has galvanised him into making greater efforts to be successful. Although of course his boos we’re aimed at SL and the board for appointing him. 

I would also be interested in Barnsley Tyke’s (or whatever he’s called) assessment of him now, especially the fact he has been here for so long and not jumped ship, as he was adamant he would do.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve had a problem with LJ only once when I got frustrated when City were losing 0-2 against Fulham and were so dreadful  I actually felt angry and had been over the dugout side  he’d have got both barrels of verbals.......

That said I could see what he was trying to do all along and now we’re seeing the benefit of SL not sacking him back then.

Tragic.

58 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it was @Thatch35‘s booing that has galvanised him into making greater efforts to be successful. Although of course his boos we’re aimed at SL and the board for appointing him. 

I would also be interested in Barnsley Tyke’s (or whatever he’s called) assessment of him now, especially the fact he has been here for so long and not jumped ship, as he was adamant he would do.

:rofl2br:

I was on holiday last week and was talking to a Leicester fan and an Ipswich fan. Both said they would have gladly taken Lee as their manager when they were looking for new ones last season and both praised the way we play the game. The respect is there outside of the club and it will be interesting to see what Lee's ambitions are when bigger, underachieving clubs start showing an interest in him 

5 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

I was on holiday last week and was talking to a Leicester fan and an Ipswich fan. Both said they would have gladly taken Lee as their manager when they were looking for new ones last season and both praised the way we play the game. The respect is there outside of the club and it will be interesting to see what Lee's ambitions are when bigger, underachieving clubs start showing an interest in him 

MA said when LJ was appointed that he was ‘an up and coming young coach, well respected within the game’.

At the time I and I guess others thought MA was just spouting PR bollocks but it seems he was spot on.

Fact is LJ has progressed season on season despite having to sell his best players every season. That said SLs ‘sustainability’ cloud has proved to have a silver lining because it’s allowed LJ to generate income which, after three seasons he’s been able to reinvest and this summers window has proved very successful and consequently we have a new squad of players who are an upgrade on the previous squads.

Three back to back wins, two away from home highlight just what a decent LJ is doing.

11 hours ago, redsapper said:

I have got to salute Taylor Moore as he has worked his ass off away from the club to get better. 

At the time it was a big fee for an England U19 Captain! He work rate away from the club as got him to where he is today. He could have sat on the bench at the club but instead wanted to go out on load to improve himself. Through his his hard work the club will get his money back and if he continues make a large profit 

Well done!!

Didn’t he also have a word with Dasilva and Palmer about how good the club was ? 

Oh and he may have turned water into wine ...

Archived