IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou... latest scapegoat.

Superjack

Players get an easy ride now on thousands a week. The team and players also make sacrifices to have him in the side. In the years hes been here I would have expected that touch to have improved. Afobe has more quality. City could have done better than FD. Its been plain to see.

21 hours ago, Olé said:

I will say it’s proportional to crowd size - the further away you go the better Famara is supported and appreciated (name sung again yesterday), perhaps to those of us who’ve seen him be a leader at both ends of the pitch up in tough places like Boro and Forest it’s easier to see what he contributes whereas the masses at Ashton Gate just see his limitations.

I wondered the other day whether he scores more away from AG and his record is:

2017/18: 14 goals; 9 at AG; 5 away from home

2018/19: 13 goals; 5 at AG; 8 away from home

2019/20: 1 goal, at QPR (a very good finish). He's only appeared once at AG this season though.

Fam's last goal at AG was on 26th Feb.

He has just the two goals at AG in 2019, that's 2 goals in 14 home appearances; and 6 goals in 16 appearances away from AG in 2019. Some will be from the bench and I haven't checked the actual minutes.

Fam's goals at home in front of his own supporters appear to be drying up. Coincidence?

Think the OP is massively overreacting. Fammy has had plenty of criticism, including from myself, but I've neither read or heard anything I'd class as abuse.

Thing is, his close control does seem at times pretty woeful, which is why all too often he fails to hold the ball up and find a teammate. Although his 1 in 3 games goal's record is none too shabby you can't help but feel it could be so much better, this because he too often seems to miss the easier chances. He wins an awful lot of defensive headers but contrastingly not so many in the opposition box.

A good example of Fammy was the QPR away game in the cup, scored a really well taken goal, rounding the keeper and squeezing in the shot from an acute angle, then later puts a header over the bar from, what was reported, as just 3 yards out when we were 2-3 up which would have finished the game, then has that dreadful penalty miss.

On Saturday you could say he was unlucky with the header which would have put us 0-2 up, as could so easily have gone in off the keeper after hitting underside of the bar - but that's also the rub, from little more then 6 yards you'd hope he would not be hitting the bar in the first place. 30 seconds later and it's 1-1, so one can understand frustrations being aired.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Think the OP is massively overreacting. Fammy has had plenty of criticism, including from myself, but I've neither read or heard anything I'd class as abuse.

Thing is, his close control does seem at times pretty woeful, which is why all too often he fails to hold the ball up and find a teammate. Although his 1 in 3 games goal's record is none too shabby you can't help but feel it could be so much better, this because he too often seems to miss the easier chances. He wins an awful lot of defensive headers but contrastingly not so many in the opposition box.

A good example of Fammy was the QPR away game in the cup, scored a really well taken goal, rounding the keeper and squeezing in the shot from an acute angle, then later puts a header over the bar from, what was reported, as just 3 yards out when we were 2-3 up which would have finished the game, then has that dreadful penalty miss.

On Saturday you could say he was unlucky with the header which would have put us 0-2 up, as could so easily have gone in off the keeper after hitting underside of the bar - but that's also the rub, from little more then 6 yards you'd hope he would not be hitting the bar in the first place. 30 seconds later and it's 1-1, so one can understand frustrations being aired.

I thought it was a very good far post header.  Rose well against the challenge, and a firm header too.  Just massively unlucky.

16080295-1CC8-486E-B90A-649362C274ED.thumb.jpeg.7d4a116e64cb6b0b3f6b13666d2a8d41.jpeg

xG Of less than 10% chance.

Back to the xG conversation, we won 1.7 to 1.4, so looks close, and it was to an extent.  But we get zero xG for the own goal.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

....and it wasn’t even Tommy Rowe in the LB position....it was Josh Brownhill....and it was Taylor Moore playing Bowen onside.  Palmer should’ve headed the ball.

A catalogue of errors.

The guy in front of me at hull actually screamed at Fammy for their equaliser !

i just looked away ?‍♂️??‍♂️

Archived