IGNORED

Ian Wright

harvey54

I much prefer watching pundits like Wright who might not always speak sense, but is passionate and enjoying himself still being involved in football, than people like Shearer who look like they are about to fall asleep.

The best is watching Ian Wright in the studio when England are playing. He's up on the seat jumping around and on the head I think it was Clarence Seeforf!

3 hours ago, grifty said:

I much prefer watching pundits like Wright who might not always speak sense, but is passionate and enjoying himself still being involved in football, than people like Shearer who look like they are about to fall asleep.

The best is watching Ian Wright in the studio when England are playing. He's up on the seat jumping around and on the head I think it was Clarence Seeforf!

He also came into football late and worked in the ‘real world’ - he gets football from both the average working class and as a footballer.  

Really enjoyed watching him as a player too. 

A great goal scorer and a scorer of great goals. He was one of those players that came alive around the box. Plus, he liked to mix it up with the dark arts of football and could always rely on him for some for some top level shithousery.

Should have had way more England caps than he did, Graham Taylor choosing to use Nigel Clough ahead of him?! He also had Lineker and Shearer to compete with.

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Still gets me every time…

Yep, agree with that. Remember watching it originally, it was a great watch. Can’t help but love Wrighty. Just wrote this in the Afobe topic, but he was a proper striker. Just loved his enthusiasm & seems like a really top bloke. He is also a big Dasilva fan to boot! COYR 

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I work in a college and before the start of every school year, we have a guest speaker come in and do a presentation to the staff. A couple of years ago we had a guy visit who has won awards for teaching and now works as a motivational speaker. He used this video as part of his speech on "what makes a good teacher?" and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

If I could watch just one England game in a pub with Ian Wright I would die a very happy man.Complete legend.Proper football fan as well as incredible player who really came through the ranks the hardest way.When I despair so much about modern football,I cant give Wrighty too much respect.

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

If I could watch just one England game in a pub with Ian Wright I would die a very happy man.Complete legend.Proper football fan as well as incredible player who really came through the ranks the hardest way.When I despair so much about modern football,I cant give Wrighty too much respect.

I remember being in Luxembourg with England on a cold wet night and Wrighty trying to break through into England side was a sub 

He came round to warm up behind the goal during a drab game and the England fans started to sing his name

For the next 10 mins he had the time of his life having a laugh and choreographing the England fans with the biggest grin ever

One of my favourite England moments - he oozed energy and positivity

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I remember being in Luxembourg with England on a cold wet night and Wrighty trying to break through into England side was a sub 

He came round to warm up behind the goal during a drab game and the England fans started to sing his name

For the next 10 mins he had the time of his life having a laugh and choreographing the England fans with the biggest grin ever

One of my favourite England moments - he oozed energy and positivity

I think the thing with Wrighty is Bob,that if we as average football fans made it in the game,Wrighty is the kind of bloke we would still want to be.

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

I think the thing with Wrighty is Bob,that if we as average football fans made it in the game,Wrighty is the kind of bloke we would still want to be.

Or be his mate 

Reminds me of Eddie Murphy with his mannerisms and makes me laugh without saying anything

10 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Seen this before.

Even without watching it again I'm welling up just at the thought of it.

The mutual respect and genuine affection between the 2 is just fantastic. :sad26:

Archived