IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2019/20 season

RedM

The way that Kalas pulled up looked a bit worse than a pulled hamstring to me.

Why the long wait for scan results for Nagy I wonder ? Him and Kalas out for a few months would be a huge disappointment.

At least we have the international break coming up.

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Saikou Janneh - Knee Surgery - 30th July - expected to be out for 4 months.

Korey Smith - Metal plate removed from foot - mid August - expected to be out until at least December, possibly longer.

Bailey Wright - Thigh muscle tear - mid August- expected to be out for at least 10 weeks.

Nice one RedM! Bailey Wright - LJ said " grade 2 thigh muscle tear."

Also: ( please feel free to confirm/dispute before they are added to the official list)

Jay DaSilva, in training between Leeds and Birmingham games (5th - 9th Aug) ankle/ tibia (?) in training. Bad one anyway - "5 months out". Back early in the New Year?

Adam Nagy, ankle ligament strain 17/8 v QPR. "3-4 weeks out". No update.

Tomas Kalas hamstring injury v Hull 24/8. No news yet.

Don't know how reliable but a main Hungarian online news site wrote on Wednesday that - referring to their source - Nagy's ankle seems to be not that serious as they thought because of the swelling. So don't make our hopes up as that's what always kills us, but if he doesn't need surgery than maybe they're just monitoring him day-by-day to see when can he restart light training.

36 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I don't know why I'm asking this but is Marley Watkins now fully fit?

EP last Monday.

Marley Watkins

Watkins is still making his way back to full fitness following a thigh injury, though was not fit enough to play against Wigan on Monday afternoon.

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

EP last Monday.

Marley Watkins

Watkins is still making his way back to full fitness following a thigh injury, though was not fit enough to play against Wigan on Monday afternoon.

I’m torn as to whether we should include injuries no one gives a shit about. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ouch! Sounds really nasty Fordy, but let's keep this to an injury list for players rather than fans. 

Btw, how long do you reckon you'll be out of action for? ;)

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ouch! Sounds really nasty Fordy, but let's keep this to an injury list for players rather than fans. 

Btw, how long do you reckon you'll be out of action for? ;)

I’ll be surprised if we see him feature again this season at all. 

(See what I did there?)

21 hours ago, RedM said:

Saikou Janneh - Knee Surgery - 30th July - expected to be out for 4 months.

Korey Smith - Metal plate removed from foot - mid August - expected to be out until at least December, possibly longer.

Bailey Wright - Thigh muscle tear - mid August- expected to be out for at least 10 weeks.

Jay Dasilva - Stress fracture of tibia/ankle - happened in training early August - expected to be out until at least January.

Adam Nagy - Ankle - August, (QPR Home) - expected to be out 3 or 4 weeks, waiting for scan results.

Thomas Kalas - Hamstring - August (Hull away) - unconfirmed/unknown

Blimey, we've got almost as much crockery in the treatment room as we have in the corporate catering stores.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I've included him, sending him some love to show he's not been forgotten about*

*Actually I honestly think I wouldn't recognise him

The thing about Watkins is,.he was a woodwork strike away from 3 goals by the end of September- good ratio, good start.

I'm not saying I'd have him in the side but that goes in, may have been a bit of a sliding doors moment as an alternative from the squad.

His record at Barnsley was indeed impressive, so were his metrics- fallen off a cliff since then and not what we need moving forward for sure, but slightly surprising a lack of interest in some respects.

57 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

From what I've seen of MW, in the reserves and 1st team, he doesn't really look like much of a footballer. No lack of effort but not up to champ standard.

With us and Norwich, agreed.

3 seasons ago, 10 goals and 7 assists from midfield- in the, er, Championship? 34 starts, 8 sub appearances in a briefly playoff chasing, post sales midtable side that year.

Decent all round metrics too, that season at least.

Perhaps that was one excellent season whereas in general he's not good enough at this level.

The only upside to this appalling list of serious injuries is that when these guys are all fit once more we should be able to look forward to a stellar second half of the season.

We’ve just got to see it through until then and given recent performances, the guys are all doing a bloody fantastic job. Us supporters have to do our jobs now. COYR.

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The only upside to this appalling list of serious injuries is that when these guys are all fit once more we should be able to look forward to a stellar second half of the season.

We’ve just got to see it through until then and given recent performances, the guys are all doing a bloody fantastic job. Us supporters have to do our jobs now. COYR.

Well said, that man.

On 26/08/2019 at 19:36, Rudolf Hucker said:

Exactly, keep on scrapping for points like we have been and if we have to resort to shithousery to earn undeserved points then so be it. Then a final 20 games of steamrollering everyone in sight should see us alright............

Anyone have time to post an update on where we are injury wise (assuming somebody knows) going into a timely break.. Hopefully a time to heal and recharge batteries leaving LJ with a selection headache and spoilt for choice having so many fit and raring to go Reds at his disposal.. 

We'd have quite an awesome squad if everyone was fit  ......better in depth than we've ever had before doncha fink?

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Anyone have time to post an update on where we are injury wise (assuming somebody knows) going into a timely break.. Hopefully a time to heal and recharge batteries leaving LJ with a selection headache and spoilt for choice having so many fit and raring to go Reds at his disposal.. 

We'd have quite an awesome squad if everyone was fit  ......better in depth than we've ever had before doncha fink?

RedM regularly updates #post 1 Whap.

If she misses anything we're here to give her reminders!

On 03/09/2019 at 08:46, maxjak said:

Isn't it weird, the number of players who have become injured long term shortly after leaving us?   I give you...........Llyod Kelly, Marlon Pack, Frank Fielding and Matty Taylor, not sure about any others?

That can’t be true! I heard he only went off because he was so intimidated by the atmosphere at the mem!?

Archived