IGNORED

THE INJURED LIST 2019/20 season

RedM

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like him and wasn’t trying to knock him. I agree he looks like he will be a key player for us. 

By ‘unfocussed’ I meant he gave away a few sloppy balls and was caught in possession a couple of times - but like I said it was his first game back and Cardiff were pressing hard. 

Ah, got you.  Ta

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully I'm overestimating it but I make it right now:

1. Hunt
  2. Moore
  3. Kalas
  4. DaSilva
  5. Smith
  6. Afobe

Is that right or are some of those somewhere between injured and available- ie nearly matchfit again?

Hunt is ok for Wednesday v West Brom.  He told me he had to tick a few boxes to declare himself fit, and had the game been Sunday, he would have been declared available.  Said he is in contention for Wednesday.

Kalas ought to be ok for Wednesday too, LJ inferred he could’ve played Saturday had we needed him too, e.g. cup final. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hunt is ok for Wednesday v West Brom.  He told me he had to tick a few boxes to declare himself fit, and had the game been Sunday, he would have been declared available.  Said he is in contention for Wednesday.

Kalas ought to be ok for Wednesday too, LJ inferred he could’ve played Saturday had we needed him too, e.g. cup final. 

Thanks.

Good news then, getting closer to a clean bill of health- future injuries and Afobe notwithstanding.

Best not to rush back Hunt, Kalas, Smith too given their importance, our relative depth and all our travails with injuries last couple of years.

On 25/11/2019 at 19:09, Davefevs said:

Really glad to read this about Hunt. I think we’re missing him massively. His creativity anyway. 

5 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

So Smith is back, Hunt and Kalas seem to be close and JD and Afobe are still a way off. Any news on Moore?

LJ quote in Post yesterday:

"Tomas Kalas and Jay Dasilva are the only ones to return and obviously Benik Afobe's out for the season."

That tells me that Hunt and Moore are fit for Hudds, and Afobe won't be playing this season.

Am i correct in thinking that Benik Afobe travelled to WBA on the team coach, i am sure it was him that got off

If it was he must be considered to be a big possibility for some games before the season ends and he must

be considered to be  still part of the 1st team set up. He must be enjoying his time with City and bodes well

for the possibility of him signing for next season.

Great to see Hunt start, and Moore get some time off the bench...clearly it will take time for them to get back to full pelt, same goes for Nagy and Smith.

On the latter, thought it a good move that we rested him today- Massengo will have been mad keen to get back in and with a player of his combination of great young talent and yes energy, we can afford it. Ease key players back in gradually if at all possible.

The list now reads:

• Kalas
  • DaSilva
  • O'Dowda
  • Afobe

When all back to fitness, I'd go with Hunt-Kalas-Moore-DaSilva IMO.

On 08/12/2019 at 13:47, WhistleHappy said:

Training pitches must be looking pretty crowded now then ?

Great timing with comebacks, like having a few new signings, ready to go in the new year if LJ needs fresh legs for second half of season..  Quality squad. 

Hmm, in hindsight having a larger pool of players to choose from after months of crippling injuries hasn't really worked out so far has it?

At least with key players on the treatment tables we had ready made excuse's for poor performances and could take pride and satisfaction in results achieved which kept us right up there in the top third of the table - all the while dreaming of how good things would get when most of the squad would be available for selection again..

No Excuses Anymore !   COYR's f'ing sort yourselves out - & quick! 

23 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A few pre. or during Shrewsbury (A)

Smith, dead leg.

Watkins, calf 'out for a while'

Baker, 'groin'

Massengo, sickness bug

Add to these Kalas and Dasilva, both missing recently, possibly because long term injuries not fully healed.

Maybe back in contention this w/e, or could turn out to be a long saga for either.

Just the sort of thing this thread needs to keep an eye on if the Official Site does not update their situations/progress..

Update from LJ in tonight's Post.

Hunt 50/50 for Brum, Kalas almost ready, but Watkins likely to be out for a further month (one for the list at the top) with a calf muscle tear.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-injury-latest-lee-3811062

• The title was changed to THE INJURED LIST 2019/20 season
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived