IGNORED

Stuart Webber - again

Davefevs

13 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Thanks for sharing. Interesting listen and dare I say similar to our structure. LJ and MA have given Bristol City an identity. Long may it continue. 

Bristol City have taken seasons to perhaps have a identity. What Webber and Norwich do is recruit the Manager to play and players to play to an agreed model and principles. While similarities can been seen in Bristol City's recruitment of generally players who will be able to play possession based football it is fundamentally (very) different.

23 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Thanks for sharing. Interesting listen and dare I say similar to our structure. LJ and MA have given Bristol City an identity. Long may it continue. 

Just a side point - I don't think I've ever heard anyone say 'long may it continue' in real life. There must be loads of things people write on forums that they'd never say in conversation.

10 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Bristol City have taken seasons to perhaps have a identity. What Webber and Norwich do is recruit the Manager to play and players to play to an agreed model and principles. While similarities can been seen in Bristol City's recruitment of generally players who will be able to play possession based football it is fundamentally (very) different.

Indeed it is.

We're not really playing like a possession side ATM. In phases yes, in periods absolutely and in the odd half certainly, but only really Birmingham away if we're talking about games as a whole.

Obviously all of these injuries and the late sale of Webster have had a major impact in this respect but I'd be surprised if we even average 50% in the League thusfar.

The team has much more to come IMO which is surely a very good sign.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed it is.

We're not really playing like a possession side ATM. In phases yes, in periods absolutely and in the odd half certainly, but only really Birmingham away if we're talking about games as a whole.

Obviously all of these injuries and the late sale of Webster have had a major impact in this respect but I'd be surprised if we even average 50% in the League thusfar.

....and yet we seem to have a bigger threat.  Don’t think we can underestimate the impact of Afobe, and the service from Palmer.  On Saturday within a couple of minutes of coming on, Palmer sprung Afobe.  It had a tad too much pace on it and the keeper cleared, but you then put defenders on edge of trying to push up.

17 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed it is.

And if we look at a longer period to evaluate Bristol City frequently alter approach. Norwich did not. Norwich as a principle wanted to dominate possession, play few long balls as principles and recruit, develop and train to these and the other governing parts of their football model. 

Bristol City are fundamentally very different to Norwich. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

Honestly?  Not much prior to the meeting last December!!  @Shtanley seemed to know about him.

Just someone you hear about and keep an eye on I guess.

Him and Lewis made their debuts away to Chelsea in the FA cup, I watched the game and noticed they both looked excellent. Always kept an eye on their names floating about Norwich social media.

I wonder if LJ has looked at Norwich's usage of young academy players.

Archived