Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Shtanley

Cats and Trojans

Recommended Posts

Are two of the peculiar topics that arise on this week's episode of One Stream in Bristol

Me and @Olé discuss Derby and Hull amongst many other things.

 

I want more followers on Facebook and Twitter so if you have either of those social medias please search for our name

or @osibpodcast on them in order to give us one measly 'like'.

IF YOU'RE ON FACEBOOK PLEASE REVIEW OUR PODCAST

Listen on your computer via Libsyn

Subscribe to us on iTunes (apple podcasts)

If you listen on iTunes then please review our podcast

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure you know this by now, but- 

Thomas a Becket WAS the Archbishop of Canterbury who was murdered by followers of Henry II. The famous quote attributed to Henry II regarding this is "Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?".

Probably the second most famous Beckett is Samuel, he of "Waiting for Godot" authorship.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, awbb said:

Thomas a Becket WAS the Archbishop of Canterbury who was murdered by followers of Henry II. The famous quote attributed to Henry II regarding this is "Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?".

No, no. Thomas Becket killed Canterbury Cathedral.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, awbb said:

I am sure you know this by now, but- 

Thomas a Becket WAS the Archbishop of Canterbury who was murdered by followers of Henry II. The famous quote attributed to Henry II regarding this is "Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?".

Probably the second most famous Beckett is Samuel, he of "Waiting for Godot" authorship.

Then, of course, there is Rob Beckett. The man with the largest teeth on Earth.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NNSnse said:

No, no. Thomas Becket killed Canterbury Cathedral.

Haha that did make me laugh. Great memory from Rob just needed to back himself more. 

 

Great knowledge of football, okay knowledge of history, awful knowledge of cats. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do enjoy it when you argue about football

got abit more bite to it these days - in a good way, Feels a lot more like a football podcast than a school project (should add, Ive listening from the beginning and been amazed to hear it grow, good work keep up etc etc)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it needs another contributor rather than just Rob.  I enjoy listening to Rob, but the dynamic isn't quite right with just the two of you. 

Still enjoyed it though.   

@Shtanley

Edited by RedSkin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Think it needs another contributor rather than just Rob.  I enjoy listening to Rob, but the dynamic isn't quite right with just the two of you. 

Still enjoyed it though.   

@Shtanley

Do agree. Always a strange dynamic with just two. It’ll be back to three for Boro. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet to hear Oscar this season. Has he resigned? Always a good episode when it's been yourself, Rob and him. I mean, they're all good tbf.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Do agree. Always a strange dynamic with just two. It’ll be back to three for Boro. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the pod.

Thank you to all of you who put this together. @Olé @Shtanley

considering  you’re doing this out of your own free time, I’m grateful for whatever we get.

Its great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Yet to hear Oscar this season. Has he resigned? Always a good episode when it's been yourself, Rob and him. I mean, they're all good tbf.

Not been around yet. Had a fair bit of work on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...