IGNORED

Aden Baldwin

Desso

Feels like he's been around forever! Cannot help but feel if he was ever going to get a serious look in he would have had some impact on the first team as well.

On top of that, no real loan moves of note would highlight a real lack of experience particularly at this level... But still, can't say I've seen to much of him to make such assumptions! If Johnson thinks he's ready then I'll back him all the way!

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Have I seen him play? Yes maybe four or five times.

Is he ready for Championship football? Maybe not but he might get an opportunity soon if we lose any more central defenders. 

Would he make mistakes if drafted in? Yes but from what I've seen of him, he would give everything while on the pitch.

Do you like asking yourself questions? Yes you do! 

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s when you start arguing with yourself that the problems start.

I don’t think that’s true. 

Yes you do! No I ######## don’t..! 

You do! End of. Oh FFS. It appears that I do - but I’m not happy about it..! 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t mind arguing with myself because I always win 

Who loses then? 

Back to Baldwin, real chance he’ll be on the bench Saturday. Can see Ashley Williams starting with Baker and Moore. Can it get any more Bristol City than 4 of your back 5 getting injured at the same time? 

5 out of 6 if you include Maenpaa as well 

8 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Who loses then? 

Back to Baldwin, real chance he’ll be on the bench Saturday. Can see Ashley Williams starting with Baker and Moore. Can it get any more Bristol City than 4 of your back 5 getting injured at the same time? 

5 out of 6 if you include Maenpaa as well 

I think Johnson will start with a back 4 to be honest, Williams on the bench. But Baldwin could definitely get in the matchday squad if that doesn't work or if Williams gets up to speed and onto the pitch ahead of Kalas returning

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I think Johnson will start with a back 4 to be honest, Williams on the bench. But Baldwin could definitely get in the matchday squad if that doesn't work or if Williams gets up to speed and onto the pitch ahead of Kalas returning

We’ve got 5 fit (almost fit in Williams) defenders and Rowe covering LB/LWB. 

If we play a 5 with Williams and one of the CBs gets injured we go to a 4.  Hunt or Pereira on bench.

If we play a 4 we have Williams on the bench with whoever out of Hunt or Pereira.  

At this juncture Baldwin doesn’t get into the 18. It might be worth him being more involved with the travelling squad for away games though in case of emergency. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We won’t see baldwin this season, I think he’ll go on a couple more loans before he gets to the first team,

next player to come through will be morell imo (after the strikers)

In an ideal world perhaps, but the point of this thread is that due to the shortage of defenders he may have to be involved out of necessity. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's actually a very good endorsement.

If I am remembering correctly; @Shtanley was ahead of the curve with Bobby Reid, before his conversion to a forward, and was also endorsing Lloyd Kelly for the first team a while before he broke through. 

The trick is to say that all our young players are good. Nobody remembers how much I rated Jordan Wynter. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In an ideal world perhaps, but the point of this thread is that due to the shortage of defenders he may have to be involved out of necessity. 

But we have to have two more centre backs get injured before he becomes involved,

those moaning about squad size pre-season up until the transfer window, this is the very reason you have strength and depth in a squad,

last season if we’d had this injury list we’d be in trouble this season we have strength and depth, granted another couple it becomes a problem 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

But we have to have two more centre backs get injured before he becomes involved,

those moaning about squad size pre-season up until the transfer window, this is the very reason you have strength and depth in a squad,

last season if we’d had this injury list we’d be in trouble this season we have strength and depth, granted another couple it becomes a problem 

That’ll be me then ?

The context for me is that if we want to have such a big squad to cover any eventuality, then we can’t moan about not being able to afford to bring in certain players, because budget is taken up.  It is a balancing act.

I accept it isn’t easy to move players on either.

Archived