IGNORED

Tommy Rowe

JakeOTIB

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

JD a far superior left back. I think Rowe has improved a lot in LB as he has learned his role but really lacks pace.

Unfortunately it means he stands off his man for fear of getting beaten and results in us conceding a lot of crosses in from his side. All first half they were targeting his side as it was so easy to get a cross in and it was no surprise when the ball came in from there for the first goal. 

Fair play to him for standing in manfully but it’s a real shame we’re missing Jay for the next 4-5 months. Also because Dasilva would have linked up with the technical play of Kasey, Nagy and Massengo beautifully. ?

Yup he would of (jay) if they weren't all I jured as well :(

On 26/08/2019 at 10:35, Davefevs said:

It would be all too easy for him to play the LWB / LB role cautiously, yet we’ve seen him:

- bomb past his marker for the goal v Brum

- in the middle of a melee at home to QPR

- brought down for penalty in the 6 yard box v Hull, as well as being a constant advanced outlet for Taylor Moore passes too

Of course he’s gonna struggle when faced up to a tricky winger, but I would say the past 3 games, since QPR at home, we’ve worked better as a team to not get him isolated.  Bowen didn’t really cause him that uncomfortable an afternoon on Saturday.

Good footballer and under rated by many when we brought him in but having seen him a few times now he’s a 100% player and gives his all as well as capable of scoring a few goals. Got to say I’ve been really impressed with him so far 

19 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

My MOM today. Thought he was faultless. Fabulous signing. 

He's been fantastic for us. Best signing for money easily. He's actually considered 4th best player in the Championship ratings, for performances after 5 games. Some achievement. Love the way he goes about his game. Will be great competition for DaSilva.

I. Cavaleiro Fulham 6  7.67
O. Ejaria Reading 4     7.67
J. Swift Reading 6 7.65
T. Rowe B. City 5 7.60
P. Hernández Leeds 6 7.55

19 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

My MOM today. Thought he was faultless. Fabulous signing. 

Really? He did as well as he could. Got a goal..but no more than a 7 for me. Eliasson, Weimann, Afobe, Hunt, quite a few better imo.

Seems to have excellent tactical intelligence on top of his natural fitness, application and affability. He adjusts well when we change shape and although may be limited as a tackler his positional sense as a LB seems solid. 

I saw him in pre-season and had quiet high hopes. He now is showing that he's just the kind of senior player this side needs. 

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

Someone mentioned on twitter that he is the best free transfer since Wilbraham and it is very hard to disagree with that on initial showings. 

Brownhill and Maenpaa? Even Szmodics once we've seen him.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

He's been fantastic for us. Best signing for money easily. He's actually considered 4th best player in the Championship ratings, for performances after 5 games. Some achievement. Love the way he goes about his game. Will be great competition for DaSilva.

I. Cavaleiro Fulham 6  7.67
O. Ejaria Reading 4     7.67
J. Swift Reading 6 7.65
T. Rowe B. City 5 7.60
P. Hernández Leeds 6 7.55

And yet you don’t rate him highly enough to have him in either of your starting 11s................:cool2:

Archived