Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Massengo The Midfield General


Recommended Posts

The boy is absolute quality and if he stays injury free and lets his feet do the talking then he could be the player who ends up being sold for a record breaking deal. Let’s just hope he doesn’t run his contract down and leave on a free!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got that baseline techincal ability you almost expect with players from the continent these days. What makes him stand out for one so young though is his reading of the game. He seems well ahead of anyone we have at the club already for his age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Tinman developed into a classy midfielder but it probably took him several seasons to hone his skills.

This lad is only just 18 ffs.........and what a signing!

In a couple of seasons if he continues to develop he’ll be playing for a top PL outfit - I can see him at Anfield. 

Yes, for Chelsea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

The boy is absolute quality and if he stays injury free and lets his feet do the talking then he could be the player who ends up being sold for a record breaking deal. Let’s just hope he doesn’t run his contract down and leave on a free!!!!

We'd have him for four seasons if he did so wouldn't be all bad

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love watching him play but I still hope Nagy gets back soon. Sometimes you can burn a young player out or wear their body down. Not saying it will happen just I’d personally protect him a bit when we can. I know we can’t right now and that is fine and also being out of the cup means he gets a full rest this week as does everyone which seems like we need right now

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I love watching him play but I still hope Nagy gets back soon. Sometimes you can burn a young player out or wear their body down. Not saying it will happen just I’d personally protect him a bit when we can. I know we can’t right now and that is fine and also being out of the cup means he gets a full rest this week as does everyone which seems like we need right now

Amazingly, he might become undroppable!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gazred said:

He's got that baseline techincal ability you almost expect with players from the continent these days. What makes him stand out for one so young though is his reading of the game. He seems well ahead of anyone we have at the club already for his age.

The continental game is more technical than the British game and the kids are coached to understand it.

That is changing in England now with the influx of foreign coaches and the young guns like LJ but the players are still a little behind.

In ten years you will need a degree in football to play it at pro level ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mozo said:

Amazingly, he might become undroppable!

I wouldn’t say drop him just rotate a bit. LJ was reluctant to rotate Pack and Brownhill last season. In an ideal world over 46 games, start Brownhill and Nagy 34 times and Massengo 24. Protect all 3 of them just Massengo a bit more. Basically his first professional season and 46 games at champ pace could wear him down. 

Talent wise he is probably better than both but he can reach more in a couple years. Rather protect him as an asset a bit is all. 20+ starts this season and 30+ next. Work him into it a bit. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mozo said:

Amazingly, he might become undroppable!

Could quite easily see us going to a back 4 at some point especially when Dasilva back and then a front 6 of:

Brownhill / Nagy / Massengo 

Palmer

Weimann / Afobe

This would be our strongest line up (in that system)

The midfield 3 could be rested with Rowe, O’Dowda and Walsh/Bakinson in time. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Could quite easily see us going to a back 4 at some point especially when Dasilva back and then a front 6 of:

Brownhill / Nagy / Massengo 

Palmer

Weimann / Afobe

This would be our strongest line up (in that system)

The midfield 3 could be rested with Rowe, O’Dowda and Walsh/Bakinson in time. 

You don't see any place for Eliasson then, Dave?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I wouldn’t say drop him just rotate a bit. LJ was reluctant to rotate Pack and Brownhill last season. In an ideal world over 46 games, start Brownhill and Nagy 34 times and Massengo 24. Protect all 3 of them just Massengo a bit more. Basically his first professional season and 46 games at champ pace could wear him down. 

Talent wise he is probably better than both but he can reach more in a couple years. Rather protect him as an asset a bit is all. 20+ starts this season and 30+ next. Work him into it a bit. 

I imagine that was what the plan was, but with the injuries he might  get more game time. Anyway what are we to do wrap him in cotton wool and delivered to Chelsea next season?🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree with the idea of Massengo being overplayed. The biggest detriment to a youngsters development in football is the lack of competitive games they play.

Obviously, I don't expect Massengo to play every single game, but he should be used whenever he's fit, and rotated when he's not needed. The only reason he shouldn't play a game is tactical.

Frankly, I think this is the reason he joined us over staying (and probably playing) at Monaco. He'll get games with us, and LJ will probably play him as much as he wants to be played because he's solid at this level.

Edited by EnderMB
Link to post
Share on other sites

For City's third goal against Hull, it is exactly the same position; Brownhill taking the ball off the back four, Massengo in front of him, options up the right wing. Hull seem to have learnt their lesson from the second goal because they are now man-marking Hunt tightly, forcing him to stand on the touchline. But still Massengo orders Brownhill to pass to Hunt. Brownhill bottles it, because it is a dangerous pass, and knocks it square to Taylor Moore. But then Brownhill holds his hand up to Massengo to say sorry to him for disobeying him!!! 

The 23 year old club captain of Bristol City, with 200 first team games under his belt, apologising to an 18 year old for not doing what he is told!!!

But Massengo won't take no for an answer, points to Taylor Moore to pass to Hunt, though Hunt is closely marked on the touchline, Moore meekly obeys, Hunt nutmeg-flicks the ball down the line for Weimann, and Afobe scores. 

Moral of the story - always obey Han-Napoleon Massengo.

He Noahs best. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boston Red said:

For City's third goal against Hull, it is exactly the same position; Brownhill taking the ball off the back four, Massengo in front of him, options up the right wing. Hull seem to have learnt their lesson from the second goal because they are now man-marking Hunt tightly, forcing him to stand on the touchline. But still Massengo orders Brownhill to pass to Hunt. Brownhill bottles it, because it is a dangerous pass, and knocks it square to Taylor Moore. But then Brownhill holds his hand up to Massengo to say sorry to him for disobeying him!!! 

The 23 year old club captain of Bristol City, with 200 first team games under his belt, apologising to an 18 year old for not doing what he is told!!!

But Massengo won't take no for an answer, points to Taylor Moore to pass to Hunt, though Hunt is closely marked on the touchline, Moore meekly obeys, Hunt nutmeg-flicks the ball down the line for Weimann, and Afobe scores. 

Moral of the story - always obey Han-Napoleon Massengo.

He Noahs best. 

The rest of them are playing football whilst Han is playing FIFA!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...