IGNORED

Boro on Saturday

wendyredredrobin

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Having looked at Middlesbrough, their starting shape at least listed on Sky etc seems to either be 4-2-3-1/4-3-3.

Scouting report posted higher up thread also says 4-3-3/4-1-4-1. All 3 with certain players cab be fairly similar and merge into one on a matchday.

Howson (!) at RB if that is/was his average position feels like a position to target!

As does CB. Shotton`s got the turning circle of a cross channel ferry and Ayala`s never been the quickest so running at them should work.

Gonna be a tough game against an experienced side and will be interesting to see if they come at us or sit back. I think compared to last season we already look far more capable of breaking teams down. 

Other than the opening 3-3 thriller with  newly promoted Luton, they have scored 2 in their last four league games. I think If we score first and early we could dominate them.

Don't think Johnson will start Williams so will be a flat back four, which means five in midfield and one up front.

My guess is: Bentley, Hunt, Moore, Baker, Rowe, Massengo, Brownhill, Palmer, O'Dowda, Weimann, Afobe.

O'Dowda to start on the left if Rowe is at Left Back. He won't drop Weimann so he'll unfortunately be stuck out on the right again, with Eliasson yet again confined to the bench.

Personally speaking I'd rather we chucked Williams in and went with the team that started at Hull. But it won't happen.

Archived