Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

RedSkin

Alternative and Original Massengo Song

Recommended Posts

 

To B-S-3,

From Mon-a-co-oh-oh

We signed this kid,

With a big Afro-oh-oh,

And the way that he moves the ball,

It's really touches my soul.

Han, Massengo

Han, Massengo.

 

Yes, I know he has a song already. And posting a song on here never works, but I don't recall a song sung to this tune before.  And they are pretty local.

Always loved this song..

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

ok, so where is the original H N M song from .....or is it an original terrace made up one, I honestly haven't got a cue (don't listen to modern pop music )?

La Bamba.

The modern pop Mexican folk song. Most known for Richie Valens' version in the 50s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

La Bamba.

The modern pop Mexican folk song. Most known for Richie Valens' version in the 50s. 

Really?  Doesn't sound a bit like it to me ! Our lot couldn't carry a tune in a bucket !:cool:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Really?  Doesn't sound a bit like it to me ! Our lot couldn't carry a tune in a bucket !:cool:

No it's not that song surely.  It's a copy of some some for some other play bit not sure of the tune though it is familiar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSkin said:

 

To B-S-3,

From Mon-a-co-oh-oh

We signed this kid,

With a big Afro-oh-oh,

And the way that he moves the ball,

It's really touches my soul.

Han, Massengo

Han, Massengo.

 

Yes, I know he has a song already. And posting a song on here never works, but I don't recall a song sung to this tune before.  And they are pretty local.

Always loved this song..

 

Reef, the shittest band of the nineties, and this was a decade that gave us Ocean Colour Scene and Menswear.  That’s some going.

Oh god, just remembered the Boo Radleys, make it stop...

Edited by RumRed
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

ok, so where is the original H N M song from .....or is it an original terrace made up one, I honestly haven't got a cue (don't listen to modern pop music )?

You don't play snooker then? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To rythym is a dancer..

Han noah messengo

signed him from monaco

You can really see his hair

Wooaah its messengo 

Wooaah

You can tell cus his hair

Wooaah its messengo

Edited by Hartcliffe red
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RedSkin said:

 

To B-S-3,

From Mon-a-co-oh-oh

We signed this kid,

With a big Afro-oh-oh,

And the way that he moves the ball,

It's really touches my soul.

Han, Massengo

Han, Massengo.

 

Yes, I know he has a song already. And posting a song on here never works, but I don't recall a song sung to this tune before.  And they are pretty local.

Always loved this song..

 

Pretty good that!

I would replace the first line with “Ohhhhh Massengooooo” to mirror the “Ohhhhh place your haaaaands!” from the original song.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever seen a song suggestion from OTIB actually happen so wouldn't bother.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2019 at 00:26, slartibartfast said:

Really?  Doesn't sound a bit like it to me ! Our lot couldn't carry a tune in a bucket !:cool:

Ha, it took me about two games to work out it was La Bamba 😂

Not having the voice of an angel myself I won't be throwing any stones from this particular glass house

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Fordy62

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

To Ashton Gate, From AS Monaco

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

repeat

repeat

repeat

 

@RedSkin - I love Reef too.

Don’t really like that.

Doesn’t really flow for a football chant. The one he has is fine I think.

The OP is also a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Fordy62

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

To Ashton Gate, From AS Monaco

Han-Nah Massengo, Massengo

repeat

repeat

repeat

 

@RedSkin - I love Reef too.

Who's Hannah Massengo, that his sister?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...