IGNORED

Saturday - Bring The Effin Noise

TuxHarry

9 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

The team need and deserve our support more than ever on Saturday. Boro have sold an impressive 1,300 to date according to another forum so our wounded squad needs the support.

Seriously what is the point in turning up and sitting on your hands folks? You may as well not be there and I witness this all too often in the Lansdown Stand. Get behind the team as per the players and managements request, it really makes a difference! 

COYR!

Get over yourself. You’re no better a fan than anyone else who goes 

6 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

There’s a difference between being a “beered up ultra” and sitting on your seat refusing to join in with any songs.

It really confuses me when people take the moral high ground over this sort of thing and get all arsey about being asked to sing — the club constantly ask for an atmosphere and to cheer the boys on, if you support Bristol City then why on earth would you not oblige?

Its well and good creating an atmosphere if you want to do it then go ahead. I see a few bloke near the bottom of section 82 with a drum. Not even watching the game just shouting to other fans and taking the piss out of other stands. 

People want to watch the game and analyse tactically what both teams are doing. Doesn't make them any less a fan than the vociferous ones. 

5 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Seriously. If you support the club, why wouldn’t you try and do your all to urge them into victory? It really makes a difference.

Maybe I don't want some newborn footballing Jehovahs Witness preaching to me about how I should behave at Ashton Gate.

11 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

The team need and deserve our support more than ever on Saturday. Boro have sold an impressive 1,300 to date according to another forum so our wounded squad needs the support.

Seriously what is the point in turning up and sitting on your hands folks? You may as well not be there and I witness this all too often in the Lansdown Stand. Get behind the team as per the players and managements request, it really makes a difference! 

COYR!

My my

11 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

COYR!

Calm down Delia

16 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

There’s a difference between being a “beered up ultra” and sitting on your seat refusing to join in with any songs.

It really confuses me when people take the moral high ground over this sort of thing and get all arsey about being asked to sing — the club constantly ask for an atmosphere and to cheer the boys on, if you support Bristol City then why on earth would you not oblige?

The key word there is "sit". The atmosphere has nosedived since AG went all seater. I'd rip out most of them.

16 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Seriously. If you support the club, why wouldn’t you try and do your all to urge them into victory? It really makes a difference.

Wait until you get to 76 years when your lung capacity is significantly less than even twenty years ago. You climb to row 25 and maybe do this a couple or three more times in the game because of the "old man's bladder problems".

I'll be there , doing my best to encourage them but if I don't sing and shout for 95 minutes, please forgive me.

@TuxHarry

On 27/08/2019 at 11:39, Wanderingred said:

Ashton Gate is a library most weeks, but so are 90% of other grounds in the country. It's nothing particular about our own fanbase, it's the changing demographics of football. No point trying to attack people over it.

In many respects this is such a shame.

But it is what it is and unlikely to go back to what it was.

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Wait until you get to 76 years when your lung capacity is significantly less than even twenty years ago. You climb to row 25 and maybe do this a couple or three more times in the game because of the "old man's bladder problems".

I'll be there , doing my best to encourage them but if I don't sing and shout for 95 minutes, please forgive me.

@TuxHarry

I`m only sixty and that climb very near kills me these days.

Mind you, smoking thirty a day doesn`t exactly help either!

10 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@TuxHarry

94 minutes is fine and pretty impressive.

Keep it up.

Archived