IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

Leveller

56 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s a good move for him 

His record to date probably doesn’t justify that but fair play and good luck to him

I was discussing FH on twitter today.  Some CTFC fans keen to write him off....although one then mentioned Taylor Moore

I do like that the club us giving pretty much all its young players every chance of making it.  Hinds given a 3 year deal last summer to take him to 2021.  He still only 20.

Hope it works out for him.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

I see FH has gone out on loan to Colchester today.

Not a huge story or surprise, but I can’t see it mentioned elsewhere on OTIB.

Not official yet though is it? 

Only Gregor McGregor tweeted about it but not been confirmed by either club yet. 

I thought in the Plymouth game where he scored he could not hold it up at all. That's not a harsh criticism, but that goal and then that next goal against Watford probably made fans think he was a lot higher level than he was.

And then he went to Cheltenham, barely played. Wrexham was it? Barely played.

Then he went to Bath and looked good, scored some goals. But still looked too lightweight. Not particularly good at all the things a striker needs to do.

Still very young and a long way to go. Saw quite a bit of Bath last season and he didn't look too much above that National League South level.

I imagine he will be a late developer like Bobby. He does have very good pace and can hit a ball. Just hope he can get a lot stronger, which might be all that is missing to develop the rest of his game.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought in the Plymouth game where he scored he could not hold it up at all. That's not a harsh criticism, but that goal and then that next goal against Watford probably made fans think he was a lot higher level than he was.

And then he went to Cheltenham, barely played. Wrexham was it? Barely played.

Then he went to Bath and looked good, scored some goals. But still looked too lightweight. Not particularly good at all the things a striker needs to do.

Still very young and a long way to go. Saw quite a bit of Bath last season and he didn't look too much above that National League South level.

I imagine he will be a late developer like Bobby. He does have very good pace and can hit a ball. Just hope he can get a lot stronger, which might be all that is missing to develop the rest of his game.

Rumours are it's as much about attitude as it is about ability with him.

45 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rumours are it's as much about attitude as it is about ability with him.

34 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

What rumours? These sorts of allegations can stick to players. You heard it from someone at the club?

Heard something similar

Didn't it come from Wrexham end during his loan spell up there? Young lad, he's got time to turn it around, if he chooses to

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Heard something similar

Didn't it come from Wrexham end during his loan spell up there? Young lad, he's got time to turn it around, if he chooses to

Shame as he does have talent. Hopefully he can get a good loan spell, get a few goals and come back to AG to firing on all cylinders and give Johnson a headache.

He’s only 20 and he has been in the spotlight more than many of our younger players,  because we paid a fee for him at 18 and he scored a couple of goals in early league cup appearances.

Had he come through the academy and not had this publicity, we wouldn’t be talking about him as some sort of failure. Plenty of time yet. In reality he’s just following the process of lower league loans at this stage. Not everybody can be like Massengo at 18.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

He’s only 20 and he has been in the spotlight more than many of our younger players,  because we paid a fee for him at 18 and he scored a couple of goals in early league cup appearances.

Had he come through the academy and not had this publicity, we wouldn’t be talking about him as some sort of failure. Plenty of time yet. In reality he’s just following the process of lower league loans at this stage. Not everybody can be like Massengo at 18.

Think that’s a very good / fair point

• Admin
12 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

What rumours? These sorts of allegations can stick to players. You heard it from someone at the club?

12 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Heard something similar

You will find all you need to know about an incident that happened in a car park after a Wrexham game on their forum

The problem for these players and I include Saiko Jenneh, Freddie and Semenyo in this group is I doubt we will ever play them enough to give them the Championship experience to prove themselves.

I know it takes courage to select them rather than buy in pedigree like Afobe, but I can't wonder why we are giving these lads with potential, extended contracts when there is so little game time. Is it just for our home grown quota?

You only have to look at Eisa now banging them in for Peterborough, after we paid a decent fee and then virtually no game time whatsoever, to wonder if we have our strikers development all wrong?

On 28/08/2019 at 11:43, WhistleHappy said:

In …

Hinds-ight ?

It wasn't that funny the first time around either ?

On 10/10/2018 at 13:15, WhistleHappy said:

** in HINDS-sight that would have been a very good idea (one for the future).    

Just happened to notice whilst looking at the old Fred thread on him...

He may well have got himself out of favour there for non footballing reasons but they did also have quite a few loanees in forward positions at the time.

He's definetly got something about him or they wouldn't of extended his contract as they have. Best of luck to him, hope he bangs a few in.

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The problem for these players and I include Saiko Jenneh, Freddie and Semenyo in this group is I doubt we will ever play them enough to give them the Championship experience to prove themselves.

I know it takes courage to select them rather than buy in pedigree like Afobe, but I can't wonder why we are giving these lads with potential, extended contracts when there is so little game time. Is it just for our home grown quota?

You only have to look at Eisa now banging them in for Peterborough, after we paid a decent fee and then virtually no game time whatsoever, to wonder if we have our strikers development all wrong?

Is this the Semenyo we brought on last Saturday with the game in the balance at 1-1 isn't it?

53 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It wasn't that funny the first time around either ?

Just happened to notice whilst looking at the old Fred thread on him...

He may well have got himself out of favour there for non footballing reasons but they did also have quite a few loanees in forward positions at the time.

He's definetly got something about him or they wouldn't of extended his contract as they have. Best of luck to him, hope he bangs a few in.

Flippin' heck,  I had know idea,  and you're right it ain't funny, thanks for bringing this to my attention, in Hinds-ight to repeat such poor puns I now realise is not a good idea, therefore I shall do my utmost to resist the temptation to do so in future. 

As they say, Hinds-ight is a wonderful thing.  (Oops, sorry! )

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Is this the Semenyo we brought on last Saturday with the game in the balance at 1-1 isn't it?

The very same one - who we decided not to trust this season and bring in Afobe instead.

It's not about 15 mins here and there it's got to be a development path with regular games if we genuinely believe in them. 

11 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

The very same one - who we decided not to trust this season and bring in Afobe instead.

It's not about 15 mins here and there it's got to be a development path with regular games if we genuinely believe in them. 

So you would have gone with a forward line of just Semenyo, Diedhiou and Weimann for the next 4 months?

Archived