IGNORED

George Dowling.. not good news, todays Post

WhistleHappy

5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Article suggests he’s been let go already.

To be fair, the article has been amended by the BEP - it originally said he was a current player. I’d assume the club saw it and asked for an urgent amendment in view of the possible negative PR (while acknowledging the alleged incident occurred while Dowling was contracted to BCFC)

14 minutes ago, lenred said:

Presume he didn’t take it up then?  Seems an odd one Dave - know any more?  Thought he looked a good prospect. 

The club presumably thought he might have a value at some point in the future, by offering him a contract they could agree a sale fee, and especially a sell on fee if he sorted himself out.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The club presumably thought he might have a value at some point in the future, by offering him a contract they could agree a sale fee, and especially a sell on fee if he sorted himself out.

Indeed I get that thanks. Just wondering why he didn’t take it up. 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Indeed I get that thanks. Just wondering why he didn’t take it up. 

The alleged incident supposedly happened on Feb 3rd. I guess the club didn't want the bad press from a player being on trial so offered him a contract that he would never accept just so they could retain a future interest in him.

2 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Article suggests he’s been let go already.

Justice system is a joke.  He hasn't even been to trial and he's out already!!

Seriously, though, hope he gets past this (whatever the verdict) and manages to get his football career back on track.  

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure I read on here, or even heard something from the coaches about him falling out of love of the game?

Wow!  Brave move of true.  Looked a decent player who could’ve gone somewhere with the right application.  Each to their own though of course!  

Archived