IGNORED

Dean Saunders (Merged)

Bristol Rob

Jailed for 10 weeks for failing to provide a specimen of breath.

Maybe he'll use this time to work on a new 'after dinner' routine, rather than the entirely fictional account of when Brian Clough apparently tried to sign him, which turns in to 15 minute routine that seemingly mocks an addict.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe he'll use this time to work on a new 'after dinner' routine, rather than the entirely fictional account of when Brian Clough apparently tried to sign him, which turns in to 15 minute routine that seemingly mocks an addict.

Does not sound to me that he's mocking him. Sounds like he's merely telling a funny story.

I do think he's a bit of a c**k tho.

9 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Does not sound to me that he's mocking him. Sounds like he's merely telling a funny story.

I do think he's a bit of a c**k tho.

He’s mocking . 

Brian Clough was a larger than life eccentric with a drink problem who despite all that achieved miracles at, not one , but two unfashionable provincial clubs . 

He deserves more respect from a bloke who isn’t fit to tie the great man’s bootlaces .

His story makes BC out to be a complete clown and a fool and he only uses it because people are still interested in the legend that was Cloughie years after his death. 

I don’t find the story funny at all and I’m sure that if BC were alive today then he wouldn’t dare tell it.

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Well said. So much good with our club at the moment do we really need to highlight the negatives 're Saunders and Dowling?

This isn't North Korea. 

Both things are news and if it people want to discuss then, why shouldn't they? It doesn't take anything at all away from our recent success on and off the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s mocking . 

Brian Clough was a larger than life eccentric with a drink problem who despite all that achieved miracles at, not one , but two unfashionable provincial clubs . 

He deserves more respect from a bloke who isn’t fit to tie the great man’s bootlaces .

His story makes BC out to be a complete clown and a fool and he only uses it because people are still interested in the legend that was Cloughie years after his death. 

I don’t find the story funny at all and I’m sure that if BC were alive today then he wouldn’t dare tell it.

Totally agree, Major. The story was also disputed by Alan Hill. Nothing funny about it regardless:

Dean Saunders and Brian Clough – a story that went viral but doesn’t finish there

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/07/brian-clough-dean-saunders-nottingham-forest?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

BT will probably have him back. They don't mind employing ex-footballers with questionable morals and views.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Personally, I wouldn't call telling falsehoods about someone no longer here to defend themselves a "mistake". 

I wasn’t there personally so wouldn’t know how much is exaggeration and how much is “falsehoods”. That’s why I’m not being a judgemental bastard?

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Just as well nobody on here ever made a mistake in life??

Having had a close friend hit and killed by a drunk driver I find it hard to regard the actions of someone who decides to get behind the wheel when over the limit as merely "a mistake".

Everyone knows the science behind it now. There is no excuse.

56 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I wasn’t there personally so wouldn’t know how much is exaggeration and how much is “falsehoods”. That’s why I’m not being a judgemental bastard?

The key element is that the person he ridicules is no longer here to defend himself and even if it were true it is no different to poking fun at disabled people.

Alcoholism is an illness.

I am being a judgmental bastard because I find it highly distasteful. 

There are hundreds of ‘ funny ‘ stories told about BC , this one is excruciatingly painful .

Still I suppose when Saunders is released from his cell he can go back to organising trips to Bedlam.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Comes across as one of the least intelligent people involved in football, which is some achievement.

...but one of the quickest thinking on the pitch.....

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm talking about the lies he spouted about Clough which are well documented. 

Awful pundit and manager - was a good player though. 

He failed to take a breath test 3 times and even pleaded not guilty after until today court date. He deserves his jail time. Everyone makes mistakes but this is a serious one which he has shown no remorse and is even now trying to get his sentences reduced. 

Archived