IGNORED

Dean Saunders (Merged)

Bristol Rob

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He’s mocking . 

Brian Clough was a larger than life eccentric with a drink problem who despite all that achieved miracles at, not one , but two unfashionable provincial clubs . 

He deserves more respect from a bloke who isn’t fit to tie the great man’s bootlaces .

His story makes BC out to be a complete clown and a fool and he only uses it because people are still interested in the legend that was Cloughie years after his death. 

I don’t find the story funny at all and I’m sure that if BC were alive today then he wouldn’t dare tell it.

Completely false story made up by Saunders to augment his after dinner speeches.

If there is anything worse than a drunk driver then it’s a drunk driver who doesn’t have the stones to do the station breath test. Having given CPR to an innocent driver who was hit by a drunk driver I feel quite strongly about this stuff. As mentioned above, people know the score now. If someone decides to get behind the wheel after they’ve been drinking then for me they deserve everything that’s coming to them. 

20 minutes ago, Beezey said:

If there is anything worse than a drunk driver then it’s a drunk driver who doesn’t have the stones to do the station breath test. Having given CPR to an innocent driver who was hit by a drunk driver I feel quite strongly about this stuff. As mentioned above, people know the score now. If someone decides to get behind the wheel after they’ve been drinking then for me they deserve everything that’s coming to them. 

Completely agree , amazing in this day and age how many people still do it 

4 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Hmm, seems Mr Clough isn't the only one accused of a drink problem. Irony?

Yep. Both had/have a problem with use of alcohol. 

Only one got a prison sentence though. 

Brian laughing his tits off somewhere right now I hope. 

2 hours ago, Beezey said:

Here, here.

The dangers are huge & potentially catastrophic. Young, old & complete families potentially wiped out through pure selfishness.

Where is the moral compass?

Just like those people who drive whilst holding & texting with their mobile phones - despicable cretins who should be banned for life.

Still, old Deano will probably be the next face of Santander Bank upon his release from jail (if he serves any real time of course).

Sadly, the Santander situation is where we are at with this kind of disgraceful behaviour.

10 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Awful pundit and manager - was a good player though. 

He failed to take a breath test 3 times and even pleaded not guilty after until today court date. He deserves his jail time. Everyone makes mistakes but this is a serious one which he has shown no remorse and is even now trying to get his sentences reduced. 

This.

******* weird how many people seem desperate to defend him. Did the crime, tried to get out of the time; got called on his bullshit arrogance and is serving his debt to society.

Always came over as a self-regarding clown as a manager; shame that seems to have extended to his personal life.

13 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Awful pundit and manager - was a good player though. 

He failed to take a breath test 3 times and even pleaded not guilty after until today court date. He deserves his jail time. Everyone makes mistakes but this is a serious one which he has shown no remorse and is even now trying to get his sentences reduced. 

Definitely one of the worst pundits... and with the dross on the radio and TV that's going some.

Right up there with Chris Sutton on 5Live.

Very unusual for him to get a custodial sentence for drink driving.

Normally it would only apply if it was aggravated by causing damage or injury to others.

Hate drink drivers of course; but not surprised that they are appealing the sentence.

Even the judge must have thought it was at the top end of sentencing; as has granted him bail, pending the appeal. Rather than sending him straight to custody.

Imagine he was well tanked up and a total dick at the Police Station. Refusal of roadside and station tests results in an automatic ban but to get 10 weeks porridge on top of that must mean that Police statements were quite damning.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Normally it would only apply if it was aggravated by causing damage or injury to others.

Hate drink drivers of course; but not surprised that they are appealing the sentence.

Even the judge must have thought it was at the top end of sentencing; as has granted him bail, pending the appeal. Rather than sending him straight to custody.

Ahhhh, but remember, it’s not drink driving. 

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Not according to the BBC;

Saunders was refused bail and his application to appeal will be heard at the crown court at a later date to be fixed, Mersey Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service has confirmed.

Saunders, who was sent straight to prison, was "in shock" and "disappointed" with the sentence, his lawyer said.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Ahhhh, but remember, it’s not drink driving. 

Failing to provide? @Fordy62

Normally carries an automatic 18 month ban on first offence.

If you know you're way over, then briefs will always advise you to not provide. If you are 3/4 times over, it would be 2-3 year ban.

A long time since I've been on the intoximeter ?

I think the judiciary know that the sentence was on the harsh side. Hence why he's only spent one day in jail, and then been released on bail pending his appeal.

Will get knocked down to 2 year ban I reckon.

3 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Failing to provide? @Fordy62

Normally carries an automatic 18 month ban on first offence.

If you know you're way over, then briefs will always advise you to not provide. If you are 3/4 times over, it would be 2-3 year ban.

A long time since I've been on the intoximeter ?

I think the judiciary know that the sentence was on the harsh side. Hence why he's only spent one day in jail, and then been released on bail pending his appeal.

Will get knocked down to 2 year ban I reckon.

You may well be right, but there was no early plea so no reduction and the wanton disregard for the process by not providing. 

Either way, grade A bell End. 

Unfortunately he'll get he sentence reduced to either suspended sentence or community service. His brief will advise him to show the required amount o f contrition.

A shame because everything I've read- not least the disgusting slurs on Clough (with no regard for the feelings of his family) who can't answer back - shows he's a massive knob.

On 28/08/2019 at 21:40, Beezey said:

Bang on. The consequences of drink driving are horrific, I am utterly baffled why people do it, and why the penalties aren't stiffer. And when you have the means and wealth of Saunders it makes it all the more inexcusable and bewildering that he chose to get into his car rather than checking into a hotel or hiring a driver. Genuinely infuriated by this story. 

That copper was more than patient, I would have thrown him in the cells when he started his nonsense. He was clearly playing for time and hoping he would sober up enough for the test to show negative. What a Dick, what makes him think he is above the law. I hope they throw the book at him.

Drink driving and the devastation it causes is horrendous. I am appalled people think they can do this still.

Archived