IGNORED

Paul Gascoigne regrets going to Middlesbrough

Never to the dark side

I think most people regret it.

Went to Ayresome Park some years ago, we were in a van , decided to stop for a drink on the outskirts of Middlesboro. We hadn't even gone into the car park of the pub , but stoped on the road when the Landlord/Landlady came out saying we couldn't go in. When we asked why as we just wanted a drink, they clocked our accents. "oh, you're not from round here then?" we were asked, when we explained we weren't locals we were welcome with open arms. Even the locals don't like the locals in Middlesboro .

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think most people regret it.

Went to Ayresome Park some years ago, we were in a van , decided to stop for a drink on the outskirts of Middlesboro. We hadn't even gone into the car park of the pub , but stoped on the road when the Landlord/Landlady came out saying we couldn't go in. When we asked why as we just wanted a drink, they clocked our accents. "oh, you're not from round here then?" we were asked, when we explained we weren't locals we were welcome with open arms. Even the locals don't like the locals in Middlesboro .

No wonder Gazza didn't like it there if they don't let you in the boozers

Had the pleasure of watching him live on his debut against Champions Everton. He came on as substitute and the first thing everyone noticed was that he was orange. He must have been the first player ever to have been tangoed. It was obvious then what a brilliant player and more importantly 'entertainer'  he was going to be. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Will be on Talksport 2 ( If you have DAB ) Super

and you should get Radio Bristol on FM fairly early at some point coming up , or you certainly used to be able 

Around Tiverton usually but it`s BBC Somerset until about WSM when you can start picking up RB. It depends if Somerset have it on, they ought to do.

11 hours ago, DSTAF said:

Lived near Boro for 6 years.  Very weird place.  Very weird people. 

I lived in Norton, just the other side of Stockton-on-Tees for 8 years and Middlesbrough isn't as bad as its painted. In those days you just didn't drink 'South of the border' i. e. South if the railway line or where the Riverside is now. 

As for that 'never use him as a role model' Gasgoine, I would have thought he had many more things to regret in his life than signing for Boro. Might have been a skilful footballer but as an excuse for a man he's a total ass. 

Boro is a great night out with good people, they have suffered more than most with the collapse of British manufacturing. 

I soent a lot of time up there in the early nineties and went to Ayresome Park on many occasions. I wonder if Gaza regretted the inflated wages they paid him, or how much of that money he invested back into the local community?

Archived