IGNORED

England squad announced

Never to the dark side

Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier, Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Declan Rice, Harry Winks

Forwards: Harry Kane, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson

14 minutes ago, Unan said:

Ming’s wouldn’t have got in that squad if he was in the Championship, funny how players are picked, not that I think he’s good enough either way. Rather see Pritchard or Carney than the Ox too.

As in Alex Pritchard?! I will have some of what you are smoking if so! ?

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I wonder how far away Dan Bentley is from an England call up.

Not claiming he's world class or anything, but given the lack of English goalkeepers, people like Butland having a nightmare etc.

Well after those 3 you probably have Alex McCarthy, Angus Gunn, Dean Henderson, Freddie Woodman, Marcus Bettinelli... who are probably higher profile or higher up the pecking order than our Bents currently.

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Put him in the Liverpool or Arsenal team and he’ll look a lot better? can’t imagine ox doing much for Huddersfield 

Well 5 games in and Huddersfield are 23rd and Pritchard has no goals or assists... 

Didn't exactly pull up many trees last few seasons with them either...

32 minutes ago, Chippingsodburyred said:

Amazing really. Few years back Tyrone Mings couldn’t even make the Yate Town first team and was released...

Really does show that you should never give up. Full credit to him.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mings- really??

Nice to see Rice, Winks, Mount and Maddison amongst the midfield options- still giving youth its head.

Win Bissaka and Sancho too.

I dont get the winks love in , shouldn't be anywhere near the england squad in my opinion...

Welldone mings and wan bissaka totally deserved .

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

If Webster gets a place in that Brighton line up, he'll be in that squad by the time the March international break comes around. Especially with the way Southgate wants to play. 

So 2 out of the 3 Brighton CB's are English but cant get in the England squad yet you think if Webster manages to break the into the team (not a certainty) he will be in the England squad in March. That is a very big shout

33 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

So 2 out of the 3 Brighton CB's are English but cant get in the England squad yet you think if Webster manages to break the into the team (not a certainty) he will be in the England squad in March. That is a very big shout

Webster epitomises the ‘modern day centre back’. While Dunk is a half decent ball player, Webster will get more plaudits because of how he plays, and is thus more likely to get called up. 

Archived