IGNORED

England squad announced

Never to the dark side

On 26/08/2020 at 12:46, BS4 on Tour... said:

He didn't host a party - he went to Ross McCormack’s pad - and you haven’t got any confirmation that he was ‘off his tits’ - yet you also said he ‘wrapped his car around a lamppost’ - also totally untrue.

The diving accusation is a contentious one I think. He is the most fouled player in the premier league because he is one of the most skilful and one of the best at running with the ball. I believe he travelled the furthest distance in total with the ball at his feet last season, more than any other premier league player, so of course he will be subject to the most fouls. I don’t believe he’s a ‘diver’ 

On 26/08/2020 at 20:26, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Grealish performed pretty well in a poor side - but if you wanna quote stats, Ward-Prowse is in the squad ahead of Grealish, he takes set pieces, he got 5 goals and 3 assists last season and zero assists the season before.

Given your stance on Grealish - that he “shouldn’t be anywhere near a cap until he shapes up” - based on his lockdown misdemeanours, I haven’t seen you suggest that Kyle Walker be thrown out of the squad due to his well-documented flouting of the lockdown on THREE occasions. Do you think he should remain in the squad?

@Nibor... ???✌️??

On 26/08/2020 at 20:32, Davefevs said:

I think the explanations for the defence are reasonable, but it’s harsh on Grealish. You don’t have to shoehorn a player like Grealish into a role because he can play a few. A mistake to leave him out in my view.

I also don’t buy the views in the tweet above. Having playing or coaching experience doesn’t prevent the validity of someone having an opinion.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the explanations for the defence are reasonable, but it’s harsh on Grealish. You don’t have to shoehorn a player like Grealish into a role because he can play a few. A mistake to leave him out in my view.

But can he play the MF3 role that Southgate wants?  No, by the seems of it.  Southgate himself said he doesn’t see him competing for that position...and therefore he’s behind Rashford, Sterling, etc for the wide forward role.  Hence he’s not made the cut.

For years we’ve moaned about England managers picking the best players, but not the best team.  Here’s a manager in Southgate who is doing what we wanted

I also don’t buy the views in the tweet above. Having playing or coaching experience doesn’t prevent the validity of someone having an opinion.
I agree, we can have our opinions, but Southgate has given his reasons, inc Jack’s maturity.  Jack now knows the expectation.  Let’s see if he recognises the changes he needs to make?

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Difficult to quote your notes on my quote - but I think the difference is that I think Southgate could’ve played Grealish in that role. It might not be his natural position but I definitely think he could do it.

That’s essentially what it boils down to - different opinions on where he can play. I can see what he’s saying about the competition in what he sees as Grealish’s natural role. 

He was under the influence and partially admits to hurting a cop ? His statement if true of course states " put it this way i didnt hurt him as much as he hurt me ? 

But before he says no punches or any assualts occured ? 

For me hes squirming and his statement implies some level of guilt but is playing the complete victim.

15 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What a load of bullshit.

I’ve seen evil and deceit in many forms. I see it in his eyes. I hear it in his putrid speech. I sense it from his corrupted soul.

Maguire is evil.

Well he does play for the red devils....

35 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What a load of bullshit.

I’ve seen evil and deceit in many forms. I see it in his eyes. I hear it in his putrid speech. I sense it from his corrupted soul.

Maguire is evil.

Mental health evaluations are available on the NHS for no cost. 

On 29/08/2019 at 21:28, Prinny said:

I wonder how far away Dan Bentley is from an England call up.

Not claiming he's world class or anything, but given the lack of English goalkeepers, people like Butland having a nightmare etc.

Really?. I can only watch from afar but I reckon he could be years away.

On 29/08/2019 at 14:28, Prinny said:

I wonder how far away Dan Bentley is from an England call up.

Not claiming he's world class or anything, but given the lack of English goalkeepers, people like Butland having a nightmare etc.

I’d say a long way away, there’s not really a lack of English keepers at the minute

Weve got Pickford already established, Pope hot on his heels and now Henderson on the scene too. Add to that Angus Gunn and Aaron Ramsdale who have played at under 21 level and highly rated.

Alex McCarthy and Tom Heaton a bit older now but probably well ahead of Bentley too.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I’d say a long way away, there’s not really a lack of English keepers at the minute

Weve got Pickford already established, Pope hot on his heels and now Henderson on the scene too. Add to that Angus Gunn and Aaron Ramsdale who have played at under 21 level and highly rated.

Alex McCarthy and Tom Heaton a bit older now but probably well ahead of Bentley too.

If Pickford takes his Everton form into the England games he won’t be No1 for too much longer. There is talk of Everton trying to sell him as  Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t rate him. 

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Really?. I can only watch from afar but I reckon he could be years away.

With respect my post is from August 2019

Y'know, when Bentley came in at the start of the season and was making save after save after save and single handed (literally) winning us points.

Aaron Ramsdale had been playing for AFC Wimbledon, Henderson not played in the Prem, Nick Pope played 3 games in 18/19, Alex McCarthy was a perennial backup who even Southampton tried to replace with Angus Gunn.

A lot changes in a year!I think it was a fair QUESTION at the time? Now, I agree with you. Evidence changes opinions and even makes some question irrelevant!

6 hours ago, Prinny said:

With respect my post is from August 2019

Y'know, when Bentley came in at the start of the season and was making save after save after save and single handed (literally) winning us points.

Aaron Ramsdale had been playing for AFC Wimbledon, Henderson not played in the Prem, Nick Pope played 3 games in 18/19, Alex McCarthy was a perennial backup who even Southampton tried to replace with Angus Gunn.

A lot changes in a year!I think it was a fair QUESTION at the time? Now, I agree with you. Evidence changes opinions and even makes some question irrelevant!

Fair, I didn’t spot that ? I blame @havanatopia for quoting it first ?

On 25/08/2020 at 20:56, maxjak said:

What a wet fart Southgate is?  He believed Maguires version of events, and so picked him for the squad.  Whether he was found guilty or not is neither here nor there, havung picked him, he should then have continued to stand by him IMHO.    The Greek courts are hardly renowned for their fair balance and consistency , and Maguire is immediately appealing the sentence anyhow.  The U turn by Southgate is very poor and sends out a mixed message, Gee, thanks for your loyalty Gareth?

Been done to take him out the spotlight for now. He'll be back in October. 

Imagine Maguire is quite relieved 

Archived