IGNORED

Pedro pereira - portugal under 21

Simon bristol

For such a young lad he's had some experience with playing in Italy and Portugal and now here.

He needs to find a home and hopefully he can push on and find it here if he does well during his loan.

I like him, but then again I like Italian full backs (or those that have played in Italy - we let Pisano go a year too early imo).

Excellent news, the immediate impact and attention afforded to Massengo and Nagy has unfortunately rather overshadowed Pedro.

Hopefully he has a brilliant season with us and becomes a permanent feature, anyone know if we have an agreement to buy in place? 

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Hopefully he has a brilliant season with us and becomes a permanent feature, anyone know if we have an agreement to buy in place? 

Yes we do, it was on the official site when we signed him.

Not sure anyone ITK has come out with a figure.

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Yes we do, it was on the official site when we signed him.

Not sure anyone ITK has come out with a figure.

Genoa were quoted €4m to sign him permanently and said no.

I can't quite believe why it would go up, but the Portuguese press all reported recently we had a pre-agreed a fee of SIX MILLION EUROS to sign him permanently.

https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=258832

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/benfica/detalhe/bristol-fica-com-opcao-de-compra-por-pedro-pereira?ref=Pesquisa_Destaques

Not quite sure why we'd pay 3x the fee for Jay Dasilva, as much as an unusual bargain as he was. Not sure the Under-21 call up adds much to his value either..?

I 'm hoping he has a run and proves an asset , we could do with a trusted RB, and one so young is (or would be) a big bonus.

33 minutes ago, Olé said:

I can't quite believe why it would go up, but the Portuguese press all reported recently we had a pre-agreed a fee of SIX MILLION EUROS to sign him permanently

That does seem a lot, even with potential add ons. Then if Portuguese press are anything like ours, then you can probably cut that in half.

19 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He looked a bit down when he got off the coach at Hull and wasn’t asked to sign anything, I felt sorry for him. I hope he’s making friends, I wouldn’t want him to think nobody likes him. 

I really want to see him play more

You made me feel really sad for him then so I went on his twitter and said a nice thing and he liked it. Hopefully he’s feeling a bit more loved!

"to be fair" (see earlier post on Tammy!), I did not clock his age when he signed and watching him play I assumed he was 25+, suffice to say I am very impressed with the maturity he has shown on the pitch. He looks a real upgrade to me, and its no surprise that Jack Hunt has upped his game since his arrival.

1 hour ago, grifty said:

You made me feel really sad for him then so I went on his twitter and said a nice thing and he liked it. Hopefully he’s feeling a bit more loved!

That's got to be more helpful than everyone replying to City's tweet - one he is obviously reading and replying to himself - and ripping his hairline to pieces reference the fact he couldn't possibly be 21. And we wonder how we end up with players that lack confidence or self-belief!

This guy is only 21, and is in a foriegn country away from the support of his family.  He speaks better English than a few UK footballers I can think of.     He is finding his feet at a new club, and so far has done brilliantly, and will only get better. The fans need to get behind him, and make him feel welcome, how about a Pedro Pereira song to boost his confidence?   Genoa, Benfica, Sampdoria is a pretty good CV at his age, we should be glad he chose us, and to make sure he wants to stay, we should be supporting him as much as possible..............I'll get off my soapbox now! ?

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

From the little I've seen of him, he looked pretty decent.  A better defender than Hunt, but not seen much of him going forward yet.

May be better for games where we are playing against a tricky winger or a 4 4 2 type set up rather than 3 5 2.

I've not seen anything about him that worries me.

I think he will be an upgrade both attacking and defending on Hunt once settled.

I’ve picked him up a couple of times from the training ground and taken him to his hotel. He seems a quite chap, but he’s told me that his injury has healed, he loves Bristol and happy about the recent wins. He’s hoping to get his own car soon but is nervous about driving on the ‘wrong’ side. His English isn’t that good but I found him polite. Shook my hand both times I picked him up. 

30 minutes ago, redapple said:

I’ve picked him up a couple of times from the training ground and taken him to his hotel. He seems a quite chap, but he’s told me that his injury has healed, he loves Bristol and happy about the recent wins. He’s hoping to get his own car soon but is nervous about driving on the ‘wrong’ side. His English isn’t that good but I found him polite. Shook my hand both times I picked him up. 

Jack Hunt? ?

On 29/08/2019 at 20:51, spudski said:

Looks half decent to me... definitely good competition for Hunt, who has upped his game.

The kick up the ass/competition Hunt needs to get the best out of him.

I’m sure Pereira will improve as the season progresses. Jay Dasilva was very much similar in this respect.

11 hours ago, redapple said:

I’ve picked him up a couple of times from the training ground and taken him to his hotel. He seems a quite chap, but he’s told me that his injury has healed, he loves Bristol and happy about the recent wins.

Next time you pick him up, do me a favour and take him to the little Portuguese kitchen in St. Nicholas market as a surprise. Maybe @Matt Parsons  has told him about it, but I imagine it will be good for his ability to settle and play his best football, as someone living in a different city, to find there is a small Portuguese community in the world’s best city. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Next time you pick him up, do me a favour and take him to the little Portuguese kitchen in St. Nicholas market as a surprise. Maybe @Matt Parsons  has told him about it, but I imagine it will be good for his ability to settle and play his best football, as someone living in a different city, to find there is a small Portuguese community in the world’s best city. 

What's wrong with Nandos mate? ??

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Epic little stall that one Rob. Fantastic food. 

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Should I pick him up again I will. Agree with you entirely and I get the impression he isn’t the most naturally confident guy and does need to be loved. 

Archived