IGNORED

Tammy Has Polluted The Bristol City Dressing Room

Boston Red

with the phrase "to be fair".

He used to use it four or five times in an interview and it seems to have gone through the City dressing room like cholera through a slum.

Josh Brownhill uses it. Bobby Reid has taken it to Cardiff. Even the dour, gruffly spoken Tomas Kalas uses it. Kasey Palmer rattled it off a good three or four times in his last interview. They're all saying it.

To be fair though, if you come to a new club as an 18 year old and score 26 goals in your first full season to save them from relegation, you can say what you want. To be fair. 

13 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

with the phrase "to be fair".

He used to use it four or five times in an interview and it seems to have gone through the City dressing room like cholera through a slum.

Josh Brownhill uses it. Bobby Reid has taken it to Cardiff. Even the dour, gruffly spoken Tomas Kalas uses it. Kasey Palmer rattled it off a good three or four times in his last interview. They're all saying it.

To be fair though, if you come to a new club as an 18 year old and score 26 goals in your first full season to save them from relegation, you can say what you want. To be fair. 

I’m guessing that this. ‘tongue  in cheek’ post?

Many  people use tbf in everyday conversations - me included.

Next it’ll be ‘if you like’.................:cool2:

Better than ‘y’know’ I guess.......

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

"Yeah, for sure......" 

"Like I said......." 

Aaaaaaarghhhh. Not this subject again....... 

Like a certain away phone in person whilst walking back to the station, "I mean to say" after every sentence. 

If only there were more like Eric Cantona. 
"As flies to wanton boys, we are for the Gods,they kill us for the sport. Soon the science will not only be able to throw down the ageing of the cells, the science will fix the cells to the state, and so we’ll become ... only accidents, crimes, wars will still kill us. But unfortunately, crimes and wars will multiply.

"I love football. Thank you."

Beat's "to be fair, the boy done good" doesn't it? :)

22 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

David Platt started every sentence with ‘obviously’!

I use “obviously” a lot when I'm talking to people...especially when it’s not obvious!

Bizarre how little phrases become part of your way of conversing without noticing.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I use “obviously” a lot when I'm talking to people...especially when it’s not obvious!

Bizarre how little phrases become part of your way of conversing without noticing.

Ha, I'm a former 'obviously' user, so much so that it drove my wife mad.

I had to condition myself to stop saying it, took a long time to cut it from my usual turn of phrase.

Archived